Cooper

Started by Cooper, June 17, 2010, 02:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

I'm 19 years old Cooper from Germany and currently studying nautical sciences.

For the first time I played Sauerbraten on a LAN Party 5 or six years ago. While the other five guys deleted the game afterwards I kept it as I didnt have any other shooter at that time except Battlefield 2 which I still play today.
I played Sauerbraten from time to time, not really thinking about getting deeper into the topic or practising shooting or editing.  After one year I deleted it.
Then, one year ago I found some old screenshots of the game and decided to reinstall it. {Suddenly no more crossbow O_O} I found out that the editor is a great way to create stuff and learned by watching and asking other people - I actually never thaught about things like the docs of Sauerbraten or any readme..- I continuously improved with the help of my little handwritten "Things people taught me in Sauerbraten"-list and now I'm proud to be accepted in the coolest Editing Clan  ;D

Concerning editing; Fantasy stuff from wild, circled forms and constructions in various lightcolours to spaceships or flying houses mean nothing to me. I prefer the comprehensible, clear and reality-based buliding style with aesthetic lines and forms.
What does a map full of great circles, bowls, oneway-walls and invisible ladders serve if the objects are not arranged properly within the framework of an attractive construction, creating an atmosphere and feeling.
I usually don't plan to start a map. Im just editing around in multiplayer and when I create a piece that lets my imagination see it as a part of a hole map I start one, following spantaneous ideas.
My aim is to create aesthetic maps, not playable ones.

Greetings, Cooper

Ask not what your team can do for you. Ask what you can do for your team.

Apollo

It is good to have you.   :)

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.