[Canceled] Reptile's Application

Started by Reptile, February 04, 2012, 09:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptile

Heya Mappinghell,
I decided to write an application for your ranks! :)
I guess i have to fill in that template so let's go:

About Myself

Name: Reptile! or Eridian
Alias: Reptile

In Game

How long have you been playing? I play Sauerbraten for 1 1/2 years now.
How did you discover the game? I just searched for a free FPS for Mac so i found Cube 2, then i fastly got addicted to editing. :3
What are your favorite game modes (except coopedit)? Why? I like effic because it's challenging and very nice to play :)
When are you usually online? Everyday actually. If I'm not on Sauerbraten, I'm still on IRC over my Bouncer so just query me.
Why Mapping Hell? Because you seem like a nice and cool community and i always wanted to build maps in a community which is organized and on a good level.
What will you bring to the team? Meh Maps of course, my Mapping Skills and i hope Loadsa Fun :D

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why? I like layouting, texturing and detailing, so practically almost everything.
How many mapping projects did you start? Many, many projects. I started as a noob and build fun 1on1 maps then i made lots of other maps.
How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links)? i only uploaded one that i made with a friend (which was a whole long time ago, too the map sucked)
What is your favourite kind of map? playable maps and just Fun maps

Other

So, about me... I am Reptile! (Herp Derpsons), and i haven't played Sauerbraten in the last 2months actually, I got addicted to AssaultCube. I played it a lot and thought why the hell shouldn't i try editing on AC and it TOTALLY sucks. Now i missed the Sauerbraten editing and got back 2 weeks ago and started building some new maps. Well, after the inactivity in Sauerbraten, i can't play anymore XD, not at all. So i just want to 'kick back' in editing with a cool community, like you guys. I will be posting some maps soon enough (if i'll remember the name of that map >.< it's hard with 28 sites of custom maps)

- Sincerely, Reptile!

P.S.: I'm just here to FIRE MAH LAZER!

Apollo

Welcome to the forum! :D
I don't think we've met.

I hope to see some of your maps soon. :)

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sauce

Ya I'd really like to see a nice playable map, that's what I would really like to see personally. I'm sure the small grid crazy detail stuff is ver good as well, but regular grid playable maps  are very awesome! If the map isn't playable and the details are crazy enough, I will vote, but I rather a playable map, instead of just a detail map.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Doom

Not just you sauce. Most of MH  would love to see some playable maps in applications.
To be with one, is to be without.

Sweet

Quote from: Doom on February 06, 2012, 05:02:34 AM
Not just you sauce. Most of MH  would love to see some playable maps in applications.

Oh, well aren't you jaded?

Yoddle

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Reptile

Well, this is the map I'm working on right now. (:

Yoddle

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

MajorReign

i really like the map so far, but there are a few things you could fix :

1. teleport and jumpad looks same so it confuses a little.
2. its a box shape. make more ways you can go.

and i really like the light.

my vote is no at the moment. impress me :D

Yoddle

Ahh got it to work dont worry :L

Quote from: Stormer:D on February 12, 2012, 06:06:46 PM
i really like the map so far, but there are a few things you could fix :

1. teleport and jumpad looks same so it confuses a little.
2. its a box shape. make more ways you can go.

and i really like the light.

my vote is no at the moment. impress me :D

What Storm said ^^

Doom

I think I saw you hanging in the IRC in cm.

Sweet

Doom, who the fuck cares? Seriously, stop acting like the MH-Police. You aren't even in the clan.  :getready:

Sauce

I hang out with some of the cm people. Who cares? I've edited with Hewho, Superman, Somedude and B4, and they're really nice talented assistants. They're great editors and team players, and that is hard to find. I like working and talking to all kinds of editors, and I am willing to edit with anyone. Collaborating and conversating with CM members isn't a horrible thing, even if some members stirred up trouble. 
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Reptile

Guess that's rejected. No one cares about my application anyway.

Sweet

Quote from: Reptile on February 23, 2012, 05:34:10 PM
Guess that's rejected. No one cares about my application anyway.
No it's not. We care.

Sauce

This map is alright, I'll vote yes. I'm glad to see that you made a layout that works, but at at the same time, I think you can do better.

Fairypiss

Reptile

ok, then. Let's keep it up! :) i started a new map. Here are some Screenshots. The map is still not really detailed and not finished at all.

Skur

Nice :) im looking forward to the ogz :D

Sent with a HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Doom

Quote from: Sweet on February 16, 2012, 07:25:37 PM
Doom, who the fuck cares? Seriously, stop acting like the MH-Police. You aren't even in the clan.  :getready:

You and some other members of mh are the true examples of why I do not want to join MH, filled with trolls and your top on that list.

Sweet

First of all, *you're.

Second of all, didn't you get banned, not once, but twice, from the Cubic Matter server for trolling?

Pot, meet kettle.

And to complete this trifecta, here's a third rebuttal: What the hell do you mean you don't want to be in MH? You clearly said that your "goal in Sauerbraten was to join MH"

GET

ON

MY

LEVEL

SON.

Pupskuchen

Fact is:

Sweet is a member of Mapping Hell. Doom isn't.

Sweet may decide about Mapping Hell related stuff. Doom not.

Mapping Hell is not "filled with trolls".

Mars is banned from master server.

p1nokjo owns a HTC Sensation.

My name means fart-cake in english.

vampirefrog is not a vampire, neither a frog.

GoodOldJacob is not old.

I'm bored.

Discussing things like above this post is just annoying and nobody needs it.

This is Reptile's Application thread, not a thread to argue like noobs do.

Sweet

Actually, vampirefrog is a vampire. He lives in Romania.

Reptile

Reptile would like some opinions and votes.

Pupskuchen

Quote from: Reptile on February 28, 2012, 10:19:20 PM
Reptile would like some opinions and votes.
That's what should be posted here.
I would like to have you in Mapping Hell, but I can't vote because I'm inactive. Sorry.

Fairypiss

maybe we should start doing applications dead lines,

Pupskuchen

Quote from: Mr.Fixxit694 on February 29, 2012, 03:08:05 AM
maybe we should start doing applications dead lines,
And if people haven't voted until the deadline?

Yoddle

then...

Z3R0N1C

They are mindfucking you, reptile! ='D

Reptile

Mappinghell,
I'm going to cancel my application, bye.

- Reptile

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein