[Rejected] Garm_Kralljj's Re-application.

Started by Lazy Kat, September 21, 2011, 06:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy Kat

OK vampi, that amap is not complete, and I have advanced since my Rail Race days.... I was a bored fan of Brian's who decided to make his own out of fan-fiction. Like I said, I will make details and lighting to the map in the 1.9 to 2.5 area.... I hope you will accept this. (most of the map is mine, cuz cm|SomeDude made the spiral staircases) I will also be going on youtube for some tutorials on editing, so hopefully I will be better.
Meowy Chwysmiss

sparky4

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on September 27, 2011, 06:40:56 AM
Btw the maps are old, and I have surpassed my editing skills, in that time, when I made those.

post your latest work!!!!!

Lazy Kat

Sparky,

Due to some utterly disaterous problems, Garm is no longer using his brain, please re-submit this claim, when Garm is back from holidays!

Sayonara!
Meowy Chwysmiss

vampirefrog

Lazy Kat

vampi, Iw would at least like some help with lighting on my mpa...
Besides I haven't been on my map in a while, to work on it. I just really never find the time nowadays....
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

All right, here is part of 1.9 (not finished with lighting)
Detailing, like I said will come in 2.0-2.5 area.
Oh, and refer back to Me telling off sparky 'bout Leo's talents, Wind.
Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on October 09, 2011, 02:02:29 PM
Leo,

I will make this short and sweet ([MH]Sweet) :D

Personally, I think you're argument is valid, and sparky seems to think that "over-using" vcommands is more than what we need. To be truthful, I do not use vcommands, because I never see use for them. I always use the medievil texture, only because it looks good to me. Every one has their own unique style, and your's is different from Sparky's.

I have seen Leo edit, and I think he is one of the Elites. If I were ever to put up a "hall of fame" of Sauer editors He'd be in it. Sparky I can see your standpoint, but you over-critisizing everyone. I must say that Leo is unique in editng for Sauerbraten. So, in all reality, Sparky, you are kind of "abusive" in your own special way.

If anyone were to teach me stuff like fonts or what not, it would be Leo. He is a very good editor, and I hate to see his style of editing turned down by you like that. I will say that, Sparky, you are in the wrong with this one. He may be a Newbie to editing, but so am I. Sparky, his interests are placed into joining this clan, for Sauerbraten.

Now, a humble farewell.

Corpore Sana, Leo.
                             Garm Kralljj.
I am in no hurry now, because I barely work on the map, but I will have all lighting done soon (I hope).
The real lighting that was done, was down in the prison.
The stairs still go on for a long time, but I added a middle floor. I hope you guys like it.
(I see no use for spheres or real circles in this map. It's meant to be an evil castle.)
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Windecker on September 24, 2011, 05:33:20 PM
Then don't post a completed map. Post something you are still working on, or were working on.
Then, may I just do a scrap map of what I can make in sauer?
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Heh, I am making like a small toawn map, that wont take very long to make/ texture! I will get you guys un-lighted ver her soon!
Meowy Chwysmiss

SirAlex

Quote from: vampirefrog on September 27, 2011, 09:16:22 AM
Clan admins - there is no such thing, we have equal rights, by vote. To join you will need everyone's vote.
Sigh... so how do you explain what happened a year ago?

Lazy Kat

Heh, I have stared the map just recently, and I am now making some buildings. Most of the map is inside of the buildings.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Sweet

Quote from: SirAlex on October 13, 2011, 06:45:18 AM
Clan admins - there is no such thing, we have equal rights, by vote. To join you will need everyone's vote.
That was the past.

THE PAST.

THE.

PAST.

Lazy Kat

Meowy Chwysmiss

vampirefrog

Quote from: SirAlex on October 13, 2011, 06:45:18 AM
how do you explain stalking our forums looking for a chance to make us look bad?

Zoocata

Garm, vamps told me to vote. I like you very much, and you're a good guy, but I do not think you are ready for MH. You need practice. After thinking about my vote, I vote no.

Lazy Kat

Zoocata,

I may have basic stuff now, but I am willing to learn, that is why I want to join MH. I will be (hopefully) getting unixfreak to come and apply, for himself, and I intend to have (our) first map together, be completed, and posted on both our apps. I know my original app map isn't all that, but It was rushed, now I am making a smaller map, and learning alot from the expirence. I have learned multitude of things fom unix and jacob, like being able to use vcolor and vscroll on Multi. This newer map, will further demonstrate how I can edit. The layout is a town, nothing else. There MAYBE sewers, but then I'd feel like i'm copying other peoples work. So, in all honesty, I am willing to accept your judgement, though I am not quite ready to give up the fight. I have a friend coming on today, and I will be showing him the ropes of how to play, so if you feel like joining me come to Home-Serv 1, and I will be waiting.

Garm_Kralljj
Meowy Chwysmiss

vampirefrog

you'll have to mention which parts of the map are made by you, if you make a joint map.

See http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/topic,268.0.html

Lazy Kat

Well, the main parts of it are gunna be mine (Most of the Bar, Shooting range, factory, and most of the park.)
Unix taught me how to do cool visual effects and... to quote Pup:

"Two MH applicants learning from eachother"

Well, those are currently what is mine. I will make a further list of what I did, and what unix did, so it is clearer to understand. :sonicdrown:
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Ah Ill be there iin a second honey!

Once again, the weekend brings thrills! Well, after seeing that Leo, and Unix got in, it is now my time to shione... (I guess) I hope I don't get rejected, and being a frequent forums user, it would be sad to see my application turned down... Well, Ill be looking forward to all experiences with all you (loveable) guys!
Meowy Chwysmiss

vampirefrog

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on October 17, 2011, 02:06:33 PM
Ah Ill be there iin a second honey!

Once again, the weekend brings thrills! Well, after seeing that Leo, and Unix got in, it is now my time to shione... (I guess) I hope I don't get rejected, and being a frequent forums user, it would be sad to see my application turned down... Well, Ill be looking forward to all experiences with all you (loveable) guys!
Smooth words, bro, but let's see some cube skill up!

Lazy Kat

Well, I want to wait until my (and Unix's) map is complete(Or mostly complete)
Will make a list of what I did, and what unix did.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Well, after some well placed thought. I think I will now post the map I've been working on (with Unix). I hope you like it. I say the best part, is the park, or factory.

Here is a list of things that I did:

• Park
  • Factory
  • Bar
  • Fountain (in the park)
  • Shooting range
  • Generic textured building (hotel)
  • sidewalks and roads

And here is a list of Unix's stuff:

• Curtains (in bar)
  • House-like building with fancy stuff and non-mapmodel bed
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Oops forgot to attach! ok here it is!
Meowy Chwysmiss

Sweet

I certainly hope we get a commitment that isn't just "junk"

Lazy Kat

I just call it junk, but it is kinda basic editing... Zoocata already looked over the map.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Lazy Kat

I know pinok, but it is incomplete.
Meowy Chwysmiss

vampirefrog

Garm, I have split the topic and placed your new map in another topic. I'm marking this one as Rejected, and since people need to re-vote, I tried to make it easier and cleaner for them. Remember, if you post too many maps for acceptance and none gets accepted, people will stop bothering to vote for you (gets boring after a while). So better make the new map worth our time. Either that, or post in the maps section until you finish up a map that's good for an application.

Here's the new link:

http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/topic,549.0.html