rough internet connection

Started by vampirefrog, December 11, 2013, 10:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampirefrog

Sorry guys, I've had some problems with my internet connection, there was apparently an attack, but the ISP guy I talked to on the phone didn't tell me if it was aimed at my server personally or just a random attack, but the thing is my IP was getting auto blacklisted. They seem to have fixed it, but I wouldn't rely on it.

MasterTechCC

"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

Suicizer

Not a big deal. It's not like we act as a typical mapping clan. Most members do anything except mapping or even reply on the forums at the moment. Yea, we died...

vampirefrog

It went down again yesterday. Turns out if I turn off the torrent service, it doesn't go down anymore, and since this has only happened recently, it probably has to do with the most recent torrents I added (I've added some 4-player games so I can invite friends over and play).

What's your take? Is my ISP sucky for blacklisting me during regular usage? They said there was something like an Gb/s attack. What do other ISPs do?

At this point I've talked to them again and the guy said he can't really check what IP the attack is coming from, or where it's going, that would be the Network Administrator's job, who isn't here at the moment. Then I asked if he really exists and he said yes and I asked when will he be available and he says he doesn't know. Bunch of lazy hacks, IMO.

What do you guys think I should do?

vampirefrog

Quote from: Suicizer on December 12, 2013, 12:57:11 PM
Not a big deal. It's not like we act as a typical mapping clan. Most members do anything except mapping or even reply on the forums at the moment. Yea, we died...

Sui, I won't have that attitude. Please reprase more positively.

ArdTheSheep

Quote from: vampirefrog on December 12, 2013, 01:23:12 PM

The 'Not a big deal' part I would agree with Vampi calling it rude.  How would you like if your website was attacked and your ISP didn't tell you anything?

But I agree with Suicizer on the other 3 sentences.  This is what I've been saying for months.  There isn't mapping anymore, mostly just gaycraft and forum posts.
Signature

vampirefrog

you can't just complain. do something and lead by example

Suicizer

Quote from: vampirefrog on December 12, 2013, 11:10:04 PM
you can't just complain. do something and lead by example

Well, we both came with certain themes to map on. Some member replied, but we just don't see them ingame.

Suicizer

Quote from: vampirefrog on December 12, 2013, 01:23:12 PM

Ok I'll apologize for saying that, my bad.
It's nice to have a website which still brings all members together, as far as they can.

ArdTheSheep

Quoteyou can't just complain. do something and lead by example

You can't just play Minecraft.  Get on Sauer and lead by example. 

I'm not trying to be rude here, but don't tell me to do something that you don't do yourself.
Signature

Fairypiss