[Canceled] Doom would like to join Mapping Hell.

Started by Doom, June 08, 2012, 06:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doom

Hello my name is Hadden Melton, user name Fan|Doom. and I live in America Eastern Side.

My favorite game modes are Coop edit and Insta. I just love to edit.
So now you are wondering, why join Mapping Hell? Well, i joined mapping hell because it is a excellent community from what i saw,( in game ) and wanted to join it ever since, I know almost everybody that is in Mapping Hell. And i also saw that it was a Editing clan. also, i'm on sauer almost everyday (game addiction)

Now we move on to my mapping. I did apply to this clan a while back with no maps, but later deleted that thread because i saw that my editing wasn't good at the time, and so i apply with 1 map. I have been working on and off on this map so yeah, i started it some time this month.

Here are some screenshots.

http://i50.tinypic.com/167plpe.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/8xu8aa.jpg

also, I know how to layout and stuff, i'm just not that good at it.
To be with one, is to be without.

Doom

Sorry about the map not being in the zip there,
here it is Hopefully xP

Sauce

It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Fairypiss

Doom

Quote from: Mr.Fixxit694 on June 08, 2012, 07:03:01 AM
to lazy to writ anything, yes
Thank you so much :D
    p1nokjo
    Mr.Fixxit694 - Voted Yes
    Windecker
    Sweet
    Sauce - Voted Yes
    Leo
    Unixfreak
    Boognish
    Stormer
    MasterTechCC
    Z3R0N1C - Voted Yes
    Mooeepp

Death

Well, you deserve a great clan. Whilst I was gone for 5 months you improved immensely.

Good Luck, you totally deserver it.

Death

Z3R0N1C

Well, I know you for years.. your editing skills are good and also good enough for MH I guess.
I liked your house so far it's neat but you could have added a bit more details at it.
Nevertheless it's a yes.

Death

Post another map Doom. :D

You'll need a bit more to get in I think.

Doom

there rules applying said, i needed only one map, and could add more if i wanted too.

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Doom

I can't do layouts alone, they frustrate me, and drive me crazy, and yet you will vote no? seriously? my layouting skills suck, as i allready mention. and yet you want vote because i don't have a playable map for you? got to be joking.

Doom

heres your map, and i'm not finishing it, because i can't I don't like doing layotus i get to agravated.

Yoddle

Doomy

I like the house, you've evidently progresses immensely since i first knew you. The house is very simple, detail is moderate, lighting is nice. very pop arty overall. I would say add more to the walls and rooms, but i quite like the 'more is less' minimalist look.

The playable map on the other hand... not keen. I know playable isnt your thing, it isnt mine either. I think you need sauce to critic and give advice on the map. i think the lighting is poor, its incredibly hard to see. the layout itself doesn't make me 'wow', its very basic. the textures work well together on the bright side. there are areas which have default texture showing, and im not talking about the outside of the map.

the house is great, but playable lets you down. I have to be honest and unbiased with my vote as well, currently my vote is on hold. another playable would be great
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Doom

I'm working on one in svn, it isn't that bright either, this clan is forceing me to use playables as my application, it frustrates me, this is an editing clan isn't it ._.

Yoddle

part of editing is the playability tho. Playable maps play a big part in pretty much every video games :L i dont have svn so screenshots will have to be posted
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Doom

No problem, i'm actualy allmost done with it.

Skur

Quote from: Doom on June 08, 2012, 11:09:42 PM
No problem, i'm actualy allmost done with it.

=D looking forward to it :o
-Einstein

Doom

this aint much, at all.
just a small insta/ffa map
here are some screenys

i cant upload the map
cant find it in my sauer svn base folder.

Skur

hurr durr nice terrain! some lightmaps look messed up tho :o
-Einstein

Doom

Death

Nice terrain, about svn, can you use it on mac when you've got Leopard? Or do you have to have Lion?

Skur

-Einstein

Doom

Quote from: Death on June 09, 2012, 03:17:01 AM
Nice terrain, about svn, can you use it on mac when you've got Leopard? Or do you have to have Lion?
do some compileing ( which i know nothing about, )\

p1no, I love you <3

Death

I have a PC but the computer lags every map with water, lava ect in it, So yeah.

Doom

About to post the Darain map, p1no helped me on some of the layout, so yeah.

Doom

Heres the map guys, P1no helped a little with the layout, and i did the main layout, and details.

Sauce

I'm very impressed with this entry Doom. It's definitely showed that you evolved as an editor greatly. The layout is excellent, and I think this could be a release quality map if the proper care is taken. You'll have to blend map like a mother fucker on this one.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

MasterTechCC

I'm convinced, that terrain looks mouthwatering xD My Vote is Yes
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

Apollo

I'm torn for two reasons.

Firstly is the map.
Terrain looks nice in the screenshot, but it seems quite lackluster when loaded in-game.
The map is lacking in material. The geometry is acceptable, but there are a number of small errors, and nothing really that catches my eye.

Secondly is attitude and interaction between other members.
I've heard of there being some tension between you ( Doom ) and other members. No names need be said, as that is not the point. Attitude is very important, and if there are going to be problems then I am inclined to say no, unless I can know for sure that both parties can rise above these things. There is also previous history that is not overly positive, but I am a firm believer in 'People change,' and I see no point in dwelling on little past events.

You do not yet have my vote.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Doom

Sorry about my tension with any of the members in this clan. and all that, i am still working on the Darain map, sauce has gave me some more tips, I'd really want to join this clan, because i know a lot of people in it, and jake, maybe we can meet up some time, i haven't seen you in for ever, and i know you are very good at layouting as wel as sauce is, and btw, did you check my house map out?

Yoddle

The terrain is manually made yes? And i cant view the map coz i havnt got svn :L
If its just terrain then im uncertain of my vote coz terrain can be done by most people, it doesnt really show much in the way talent

Doom

yeah, and that map is outdated, ill post pics tomorow I sleep now gnight mate, and i never use height map, i call it lazy work, people who use height map, can make nooby terrain that even looks better then height map, it just takes while.

Yoddle

Quote from: Doom on June 11, 2012, 11:24:31 AM
yeah, and that map is outdated, ill post pics tomorow I sleep now gnight mate, and i never use height map, i call it lazy work, people who use height map, can make nooby terrain that even looks better then height map, it just takes while.