Good day, my old loyal friends! [no maps at the moment.]

Started by Lazy Kat, December 03, 2011, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy Kat

Hello Mapping Hell,
      I am coming back for a third try at an entry to the clan. I hope we all get along, and that I get accepted. With the new income of players, who want to join Mapping hell, I have decided to look over some of their maps, before I continue to make mine.

I will NOT be stealing any work from other players, but I will be studying technique, design, and lighting, so I can learn how to use said things. I admit that I am not the best 'Pumpkin in the patch', but I will try my best to impress you all.

I never really know how to integrate design into my maps, but if I get an idea, I will share it with you, and get feedback on how to design said map ideas.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Ok, I am going to redo this one part, just for conviencies.
QuoteName: Sean
Alias: Garm, Exiled, Raylix, Salaras

How long have you been playing?
I dont know, but i'd say about 3-4years
How did you discover Sauerbraten?
My brother.
What are your favorite game modes?
Normally, regencapture, but recently I'm instactf(ing)
When are you usually on?
On every chance i get (alot)
Why do you choose Mapping Hell?
I have failed at making my own clans, and kinda because of Zoocata. Other clans that i've been in are disbanded.
What will you bring to hell?
A towel, and the answer to life, the universe, and everything (42). [Nah just kiddin']
A unique prospective of playing Sauerbraten, and building maps.

What do you like to edit with?
Just experiment on how I can improve, yet mainly one-way traps.
How many projects have you had?
This would be recent. And I am making at least 3 for this clan.
How many finished?
None, I have no real total comitment to one map at a time.
What maps do you like?
Races, geometrics, ffa/regen maps.

What is your current progress with editing skills?
I have recently been able to make spheres, and "perfect" circles. (THANK GAWD YOUTUBE) I have also been able to create effective lighting, and cool designs.
What is your best learned lesson from Mapping Hell's members?
That I fail to make maps with great lighting, and low quality details.
What would you want to improve in Mapping Hell?
My editing skills, and my personality with others (like vampi).
Meowy Chwysmiss

Apollo

Why not wait to make a thread until you have something to post?

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sweet

HE HAS TO WARN US SO WE WON'T BE BLOWN AWAY

Lazy Kat

No hostilities please. All I ask is for you to be patient, and some of the things on that list (app Q&A). My time is limited, so I do not have much time to actually play Sauerbraten. I agree Windecker, but I must say that I am ready to app again. I am making concepts for a map now, but I need help making inverted spheres -_-
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

New problem: My scroll button on my mouse wont work.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Sweet

Fairypiss

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on December 06, 2011, 12:50:43 AM
New problem: My scroll button on my mouse wont work.
dang thats sucks, i had the same thing happen to me

Lazy Kat

Meowy Chwysmiss

Apollo

[/quote]And how do you supppose I DO THAT!
[/quote]
It depends on whether that was a question or a malformatted statement.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Skur

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on December 06, 2011, 01:26:34 AM
Quote from: Sweet on December 06, 2011, 12:54:24 AM
Create an alias for scrolling.
And how do you supppose I DO THAT!

http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/topic,585.0.html

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on December 06, 2011, 12:23:46 AM
I agree Windecker, but I must say that I am ready to app again. I am making concepts for a map now...

how can you be ready to app when you just started to make the concept for your map?
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Zoocata

Locking this topic. Apply when you have a map ready, we are kind of sick with you spamming with re-apps with no maps ready.

Lazy Kat

>.< Zoocata, please. I do not have maps ONLY BECAUSE I JUST DL'D SAUER! Besides, now I can not edit, so what's the point of apping now? Will you please not lock this topic? I will upload the concepts soon, besides I want to learn how to do this stuff, while I apply.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Zoocata

Dude, just reapply when you have a map ready. Its like applying for vaQ or FD while saying "hey guys, I'm not very good at fragging, but I'll get there!".

Lazy Kat

Well, there is a new problem: I just screwed up my rotate key......
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Achilles on December 07, 2011, 01:03:47 AM
Dude, just reapply when you have a map ready. Its like applying for vaQ or FD while saying "hey guys, I'm not very good at fragging, but I'll get there!".
By locking the topic, you force me to create YET ANOTHER application, which makes more clutter in the forums. Now do we want that?
General opinion: No.....
Achillies, either lock this and clear my other applications, or just keep this one open, yet inactive.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Apollo

How do you already have 176 posts? @_@

Sweet

Quote from: Apollo on December 08, 2011, 02:20:50 AM
How do you already have 176 posts? @_@

Spamming like a bomb-laying motherfucker, motherfucker.

Skur

Quote from: Zeus on December 07, 2011, 12:28:37 AM
I will upload the concepts soon

i dont wanna see concepts, i want to see complete maps wich show the best you can do.

Quote from: Zeus on December 07, 2011, 12:28:37 AM
, besides I want to learn how to do this stuff, while I apply.

what ever you want to learn, pls learn it before you apply, having an application open without having any maps wont be much help.

Quote from: Zeus on December 08, 2011, 12:27:38 AM
Quote from: Achilles on December 07, 2011, 01:03:47 AM
By locking the topic, you force me to create YET ANOTHER application, which makes more clutter in the forums. Now do we want that?
General opinion: No.....
Achillies, either lock this and clear my other applications, or just keep this one open, yet inactive.

1. nobody forces you to create another application, we will unlock this as soon as you have something to post.

2 sry, but we dont need inactive applications.

I locked this application now, contact me or any other admin to unlock this as soon as you have at least 2 or 3 maps to post here. thx
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Sweet