The Files Section

Started by Sweet, November 25, 2011, 07:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet

Has the potential to be incredibly useful. Is it editable/ add-toable?

Pupskuchen

Not at the moment, would be some work to make it editable....

vampirefrog

I can make some ftp accounts, but please come up with suggestions so I know if it's worth it.

Pupskuchen

Mappinghell Map & Stuff sharing

People will also upload tons of useless crap

vampirefrog

I am not convinced. FTP would open up lots of potential vulnerabilities, so it needs to be for a good reason. You can use the forum for most uploads though.

Pupskuchen

Actually I didn't want to convince you.

Sweet

I just thought it would be nice to have a repository to upload new versions of maps without having to make a forum post every time

Apollo

It would be nice to have some sort of super awesome system where we can simply 'Update' the files on our clients, then mess with them, and 'commit' them when we are done so others can easily access the updated versions the same way.

Hint hint. :P

Too complex to be simple though. >.>

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Pupskuchen

@Apollo,

Learn C++, write a program that does that and include it to Sauerbraten. Everybody will love you.

Apollo

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

I think I can set up a svn repository for our maps, but do you think we'd use it at the current rate? The balance is between - posting the ogz on the forum each time we work on it, and using svn commands to update the maps and resources...

Pupskuchen