Old ( Unused ) Read Me First ! How to join us ?

Started by SkyLaX, August 27, 2010, 04:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyLaX

About Hell :

It was created during may 2008. The main goal was to gather friends just to make random maps.
It was renamed into : "MappingHell" during June 2009, we had tried to merge with the other mapping clan but it failed.
We kept the name and a new tag because the old one was too long.
And after a few problems inside the clan, we're going for a new start.

How is the clan ruled ?

As before, no real leader. Every one will be able to start differents projects, ask for help and whatever he wants in the forum.
Some people will have more rights than others because they will be directing a project, administrating a server or whatever requires a fast and powerfull leader.
Thoses rights could however be revoked if the leader abuses them.
I'll keep myself and a few other trustful members a veto, allowing them to take fast decisions if they think it's necessary (keep in mind that a decision can be canceled if it doesn't fit the situation and that you're always allowed to talk to the admins).

What will Hell brings to you ?

Mostly friendly people to help you with everything you need or just playing.
You need to practice insta? Learn how to do a 5x5x5 sphere? Want to make a jungle themed map?
Thoses are a few exemple of what we will try to do for you.

Regards,
Skilax the mean Administrator.

SkyLaX

How to submit a joining request?

Create a new topic following thoses few instructions.

Subject : Your in-game name (The one you use most of the time and you would like to wear the tag).

Red = You must answer this question.
Blue = You answer only if you want to.
Black = Sample of answer.

| Copy / Paste this and answer |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yourself

Name : ??

In Game
How long have you been playing ? How did you discover the game ?
I've been playing sauerbraten for 5 years (yea sure). I discovered it thanks to my cat who jumped on the keyboard and it typed : "saauuerbrttenne".
What are your favorite game modes (exept coopedit)? Why?
Ffa because I keep camping the quad and I feel powerfull.
When are you usually online?
Tuesdays only, from 18h20 to 18h23.
Why Mapping Hell?
B3CUZ 1T R0X (If you write that you haven't any chance to join us).
What will you bring to the team ?
Happiness, good ideas for maps. Random layouts.

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why?
I love to create texture. I think that writing scripts is too hard. Layout are quite easy too, but I'm not good to add details...
How many mapping projects did you start?
About 100, mostly 1on1 maps and some other useless one.
How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links) ?
0, I have no motivation.
What is your favourite kind of map ?
Funmap (race / trick / artistic / rpg) and playable (ctf, 1on1, 30on30).

Other

Do you want to add something else ?
I'm the best !!! please let me in !!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,

SkyLaX

How will I know if I'm accepted ?

An administrator will simply mark as [Accepted] if they think that you'll not disturb the rest of the clan.
However, you'll be still considered as "Applying" for a few weeks. During this time, you'll have to proove us that you'll be able to live with us.
It can last longer or shorter depending your behaviour, just try to be as you are ;).
The only reason for being marked as [Rejected] is acting mean in game (Wrecking map, insulting people, abusing master or simply associal reactions)

How to join faster ?

Normally, members should ask you to play a bit more with us to be sure that you are motivated and you fit the few requirements. But it can take time.
An old member can be your patron, allowing you to be with us as long as he protect you or you make your own reputation.
It also mean he takes your responsability : your mistakes will be his mistakes.
If you break rules while patronned, your patron is allowed to reject you : he can kick you without asking anyone else if he thinks you can't be in the clan.

Regards,