new website

Started by vampirefrog, July 16, 2009, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampirefrog

I'm planning on making a new website for mappinghell.net, I could use some suggestions, and more importantly, a html template (a theme). maybe you know someone who can provide an original hell-themed template. maybe a top banner that reminds of hell, but also reminds of mapping (maybe display polygon outline or whatever).

The sections I plan are:

Forum
News
Members (of the clan)
Users (regular users, includes members)
Maps (these will also be uploaded via frogmod later)
Games (results of games, submitted at intermission by frogmod servers)
Admin

The forum will be a regular forum.
News will be a regular news section. maybe we'll put it in the sidebar or something.
Members will be the clan roster.
Users will be a plain userlist
Maps will be editable/replaceable. Users will be able to update their maps, add images and whatnot. This will be further combined with in-game user authentication and permissions.
The games section will have the results of games (frags, team scores etc), and a list of players and maybe more info, if someone suggests it.
The admin part will be used to administer these. That includes giving permissions to users/members.

Please suggest more (useful) sections, and keep in mind that the site can be improved in time, so it won't just be a one-go thing. I'll also be making it from scratch, using a PHP framework.

Cheers!

vampirefrog

I need to mention two more things: The landing page (first page) will have a bunch of widgets, each widget linking to another section of the site. for example, the news widget will contain recent news, clickable. Then there will be a forum widget, maps widget (with mini images) and so on.

I intend to include similar functionality to quadropolis, or better.

Apollo

if you want a banner i can make one that fades from polygons to textured to lit if you want. simply tell me what you want it to be.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Wormwood

Some front page and banned reference, or inspiration, or just delete them....  :P
Be nice to a worm.