Leaving.

Started by ArdTheSheep, January 13, 2014, 03:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArdTheSheep

I was accepted into cm today, so guess this is it.

It was fun while it lasted, best wishes to MH.

I'll stop by Jim Dandy every now and then.

Welp, bye.
Signature

MasterTechCC

"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

vampirefrog

MasterTechCC

Goodbye MH,

Well, I don't know how to say this but I think its time for me to leave too. This clan has gotten really inactive since I joined and It's just no fun online anymore since we're not all together. Seriously when was the last time we ever saw half the clan list online.... let alone a quarter? I've thrown a lot of ideas out there and no one is taking the initiative. We don't even have a clan/stuffs map where we can show off our shit to other people; show em how great we really are. Wheres the leadership? Who exactly is running the clan? Without that motivation or figurehead people are going to start losing interest; I know what its like because I've been there before, and believe me, its not easy. Now dont get me wrong, this is a great clan with a good group of skilled people, but now I honestly feel as if this just isn't worth staying apart of anymore.

Not only that but the lack of respect between members isn't helping it either

Before any of you start raising questions I can tell you right now that this has nothing to do with Ardelico. The thought about leaving has been on my mind for some time now. I was never apart of that mess and I dont plan on getting involved. I am leaving simply because I want to focus on starting up my old clan again. From 2008-11 Tech Republic was one of the biggest and greatest clans that the sauer community has ever seen, and I want to relive those memories again. I miss the goofing off in meetings, the endless hide and seek matches on the clan base, and just having fun editing and hanging out with friends. I know what it takes to run a clan, what it means to be a leader and I'm just not seeing that here anymore. Unless someone steps up to the plate to get things going again, this clan is going nowhere... You can count on that.

Anyways, It was fun while it lasted, but now I feel that it's time to move on. I thought about the matter one last time overnight and have made my decision. I am now formally resigning from Mapping Hell. Best of luck to keeping this clan afloat, there's something different here that other clans just dont have...

- Kind Regards, MasterTechCC :kirby:
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

vampirefrog

Quote from: MasterTechCC on January 14, 2014, 10:04:30 PM
Goodbye MH,

Well, I don't know how to say this but I think its time for me to leave too. This clan has gotten really inactive since I joined and It's just no fun online anymore since we're not all together. Seriously when was the last time we ever saw half the clan list online.... let alone a quarter? I've thrown a lot of ideas out there and no one is taking the initiative. We don't even have a clan/stuffs map where we can show off our shit to other people; show em how great we really are. Wheres the leadership? Who exactly is running the clan? Without that motivation or figurehead people are going to start losing interest; I know what its like because I've been there before, and believe me, its not easy. Now dont get me wrong, this is a great clan with a good group of skilled people, but now I honestly feel as if this just isn't worth staying apart of anymore.

Not only that but the lack of respect between members isn't helping it either

Before any of you start raising questions I can tell you right now that this has nothing to do with Ardelico. The thought about leaving has been on my mind for some time now. I was never apart of that mess and I dont plan on getting involved. I am leaving simply because I want to focus on starting up my old clan again. From 2008-11 Tech Republic was one of the biggest and greatest clans that the sauer community has ever seen, and I want to relive those memories again. I miss the goofing off in meetings, the endless hide and seek matches on the clan base, and just having fun editing and hanging out with friends. I know what it takes to run a clan, what it means to be a leader and I'm just not seeing that here anymore. Unless someone steps up to the plate to get things going again, this clan is going nowhere... You can count on that.

Anyways, It was fun while it lasted, but now I feel that it's time to move on. I thought about the matter one last time overnight and have made my decision. I am now formally resigning from Mapping Hell. Best of luck to keeping this clan afloat, there's something different here that other clans just dont have...

- Kind Regards, MasterTechCC :kirby:

Wow, dude, that's hard, right there.

You're right, if anything is going to get a community out of a rut, it's leadership, and lively leadership. Before, I used to map a lot more often, and I'd map with good players and invite into the clan, and I guess at that point I was the unofficial leader. Later on, Windecker was leading along, and I guess there might be more people who could be regarded as in the leadership position, but in this sort of context, a leader is simply someone who enjoys playing the game and being online enough for coopedit matches to start. And I think that's the only thing really necessary.

Sorry to see you go. I'm not going to ask you to stay, because you're right about the inactivity, and I respect your decision. However, you're welcome back if you decide to come back, when the clan has become active again.

I'm figuring out right now what I can do to help the activity back up.

Good luck with your clan! Note that it will remain marked as a friend clan.

ArdTheSheep

QuoteLater on, Windecker was leading along

Well for one, Windecker's long gone.  What happened to him?

QuoteI'm figuring out right now what I can do to help the activity back up.

I always wondered when I would see this message.

I'm not going to be a dick about everything that's happened.  But I do know one thing that might help.

Many people will read this message and say 'lolwut did he just say?!', but MH is running out of options and I don't want to see it die.

I had a chat with Suicizer and asked him if he would be able to handle the leader position and keep MH from fading.  (here's where you say LOLWUT, for those of you who know.)

As much as I don't like some of the things Suicizer does.. He's the only hope left.  He still makes maps, and apart from.. i'll just be respectful and call them reviews on quadro, I still believe he can fix MH.

I do not know Suicizers official answer, he said he will consider options, but will also need a plan for what to do.

Suicizer has my support, as well as MasterTechCC's support, for becoming the new leader. 
Signature

sparky4

I WILL NEVER LEAVE MH

MH FO LIFE NIGGA!

4 LIFE!!!

Sauce

Hell ya sparky, MH FO LIFE!

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

MasterTechCC

Quote from: vampirefrog on January 15, 2014, 04:16:15 AM

Sorry to see you go. I'm not going to ask you to stay, because you're right about the inactivity, and I respect your decision. However, you're welcome back if you decide to come back, when the clan has become active again.

I'm figuring out right now what I can do to help the activity back up.

Good luck with your clan! Note that it will remain marked as a friend clan.

I appreciate it Vampi, when things get better I will consider your offer. I wish you the best of luck getting this clan afloat again

Quote from: ArdTheSheep on January 15, 2014, 05:52:13 AM
Suicizer has my support, as well as MasterTechCC's support, for becoming the new leader.

Whatever it takes to get this clan back on its feet. I believe Suicizer has what it takes and will do a great job of reviving this clan

MasterTechCC

FYI guys I was the one that fixed the forum Tapatalk client :P

vampirefrog

Quote from: sparky4 on January 15, 2014, 05:58:00 AM
I WILL NEVER LEAVE MH

MH FO LIFE NIGGA!

4 LIFE!!!

Quote from: Sauce on January 15, 2014, 06:46:26 AM
Hell ya sparky, MH FO LIFE!

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys, see you in-game!

ArdTheSheep

I'm back!
Signature