Back from the dead

Started by Sushi, December 31, 2013, 03:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi

Well, I'm back from the dead, though I was never really dead….just doing other stuff..

I have spent the last…uh…is it two or three years now? Well… however long it's been I've been playing other games, learning how to mod minecraft, got bored of minecraft and moved on to Garrysmod and the source engine, learnt how to mod that, make sweps (and learning how to rig and animate character models).. Well eventually I of course got bored of that too, and decided to google sauerbraten…to take a look again…. and look what I found, this place, still alive!

Anyhow, I still have a ridiculous love of all things sci-fi and actively promote it by making sci-fi related things, e.g. spaceships…as you may remember from all those years back…

I have since last began at the university in Copenhagen, I'm currently attending courses in programming and graphic design, both of which I love dearly (though graphic design is definitely my favourite). Don't expect any coding wonders though, I'm far from a coder, as I can still hardly punch out basic programs in java.

Anyhow, this is stuff I make for school;

And a small 48-hour animation film made with friends for a small film festival:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMLXgPD2bU

And generally I am known as Mendicat nowadays

Oh, and feel free to add me on steam… I think I'm on there a bit too much…

Oh, and in addendum to the rest, I just read through my old….old posts… and dear lord I was such a little drama queen faggot..why the hell didn't you just ban me!?… Anyhow, sorry for having been so childish… *blushes*
Hmm.. I guess I might make something new for this… someday...

vampirefrog

Quote from: Sushi on December 31, 2013, 03:06:35 PM
Well, I'm back from the dead

Welcome back, Sushi/Mendicat!

And Happy New Year!

Skur

Nice to meet you! :) What's ur steam name?
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Sushi

Happy New Year!

And my steam name is mendicat ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kazatnip/home/

vampirefrog

btw sush we have a minecraft server at mappinghell.net

Sushi

I will try an join it once I'm free of the burdens of my exams (I have an exam in 3D animation coming up, gotta produce a 3 minute animation in Maya…and fuck me it is hard..)

vampirefrog

Quote from: Sushi on January 01, 2014, 12:06:59 PM
I will try an join it once I'm free of the burdens of my exams (I have an exam in 3D animation coming up, gotta produce a 3 minute animation in Maya…and fuck me it is hard..)
Good luck! And be sure to show us the animation too  :mariofag:

Sushi

It won't exactly be top of the line, it is literally the first damned thing I ever make in Maya…and dammit that program is like fighting a bull whiles riding a midget in a snowstorm...

Fairypiss

Sushi

There we go, animation complete, and please take into account this is not only my first animation, but also my first attempt at making ANYTHING in maya. Anyhow, enjoy the sorta cherub-esque plane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajcp2sSTA3U

And yes, I believe I am a maki roll today.

vampirefrog

That doesn't look bad at all, Sushi!

ArdTheSheep

Make it black with a red skull on the top, and have it drop poo everywhere as stink bombs.
But otherwise, looks cool.
Signature

vampirefrog

I've activated your mendicat account

Sauce

It's great that you are back. You are gaining some great skills. Welcome back to MH buddy

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.