Re: Forum is dead?

Started by Suicizer, August 13, 2013, 12:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suicizer

After checking out tesseract once more, I noticed some ddl-file is missing...

vampirefrog

Suicizer

vampirefrog

It's in the zip. Get the zip and unpack it again please.

unixfreak

Quote from: Leo on September 23, 2013, 06:09:23 AM
Okay so I finished downloading etc, first I tried on my Mint Linux (64bit) install, terminal returned the error saying "error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0" and windows says that it failed to setup shaders. This a GPU problem? I'll probs try to compile it on linux myself, but no idea what to do for Windows

I've been running Kubuntu (64bit) recently, and after asking in #tesseract on freenode about some error i was gettting, when manually ocmpiling the SDL2 libraries, q66 mentioned a ppa that has pre-built SDL2 libs:

Quote[21:56:30] <q66> unixfreak, just wipe out all traces of sdl2 and its supporting libs
[21:56:33] <q66> and use the snapshot ppa: https://launchpad.net/~zoogie/+archive/sdl2-snapshots
[21:56:49] <q66> you shouldn't have to rebuild tesseract again, unless it got statically linked

Try that ppa (should work exactly the same on Mint):

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zoogie/sdl2-snapshots
$ sudo apt-get update

Then you should have these packages available:
libsdl2-dev - Simple DirectMedia Layer development files
libsdl2-dbg - Simple DirectMedia Layer debug files
libsdl2 - Simple DirectMedia Layer
libsdl2-mixer - Mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2.0
libsdl2-mixer-dev - Mixer library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2, development files
libsdl2-image - Image loading library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2.0
libsdl2-image-dev - development files for SDL 2.0 image loading library
libsdl2-net - Network library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2.0
libsdl2-net-dev - Network library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2.0
libsdl2-ttf - TrueType font library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 2.0
libsdl2-ttf-dev - development files for SDL ttf library (version 2.0)

Install the ones you need and make sure you do a `make clean' before `make' when rebuilding tesseract.
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

MasterTechCC

I was able to compile and test out Tesseract on windows the other day and It looks great! For some reason I cant get it to run complex above 75+ fps... maxfps = 1000, and I put it on the lowest graphics settings. I'm going to try a clean build this weekend. Also is the player model taller by 150%? I noticed it in one of the offices where 2.5 blocks @ grid power 3 (or 4?) = player's height.  :-/

I wish I could help with the gui because I had some ideas Raz could use but I'm just so busy....
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

Apollo

I'm able to get excellent frame-rates, however my whole screen gets quivery. It will kind of jitter around sometimes.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

ArdTheSheep

QuoteRather read the title and answer it once more.

* ArdTheSheep reads title

"Forum is dead?"

lets see....

uhm....

hmmmmm.....

you know i'll have to think about this for a while.  i'll be back in 5 minutes.

........ 5 minutes later

hm.... damn.. this is a pretty hard question...... uhm

uhm ....
hm.....

uhhhhhhhhhh

yes.  it's dead.

Yes thats from the first page, which is why I posted it.  Really there's no logic in this whole post you can just ignore it.

But, yes the forum is dead.  Maybe because, people look at the thread title, and instantly lose all fucks that they had to give.  This is why the forum is dead.

Also because there's nothing to read really, making the comment above invalid.
Signature