Re: Forum is dead?

Started by Suicizer, August 13, 2013, 12:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suicizer

Quote from: Apollo on September 10, 2013, 03:02:31 AM
Quote from: Suicizer on September 09, 2013, 07:40:07 AM
Quote from: Apollo on September 09, 2013, 01:31:15 AM
Oh, well gee, I don't know. Maybe read the thread.

Rather read the title and answer it once more.

Oh christ, stop being so uptight.  I'm replying to the subject matter contained within the thread.
Show me the rule of the internet saying that the topic of a thread may not deviate from the title.

There is no rule as it's a matter of respect to preserve the subject.

Apollo

You are getting pretty far off topic. It is a matter of respect to preserve the subject. Do shut up now.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Suicizer

Quote from: Apollo on September 13, 2013, 05:23:14 AM
You are getting pretty far off topic. It is a matter of respect to preserve the subject. Do shut up now.

As I'm the creator of the topic, it would mean when we apply your statement that I'm disrespecting myself (which is pretty odd and unlogical.

As it seems incredibly hard for you to focus on just 1 question, I'll ask it personally to you (you may feel flattered right now);

Why is the forum dead?

MasterTechCC

The forum is dead because we are still mostly talking about sauer which is dead. Maybe if we focused more on Tesseract and finding ways to promote the game we could get people back on here (?)

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

MasterTechCC

You know the forum may be dying but there's still a decent amount of people playing everyday. After tracking total sauer downloads for some time, one thing that I don't get is if there are so many people still downloading the game every day, where are they now? Assume you were brand new to cube engine: would you stay based on how its looking now? Bland, out of date, and a small community isn't very appealing

"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

vampirefrog

Suicizer

Quote from: MasterTechCC on September 13, 2013, 03:14:21 PM
The forum is dead because we are still mostly talking about sauer which is dead. Maybe if we focused more on Tesseract and finding ways to promote the game we could get people back on here (?)

I don't think it's that related to each orher.
Obviously, saying something is dead kills the particular subject. I won't say it's dead unless eihrul states so or there won't be any more revisions over a period of time (which still occur). Also, who says the Sauerbraten project can't be adopted?

MasterTechCC

Quote from: Suicizer on September 13, 2013, 05:09:22 PM
Quote from: MasterTechCC on September 13, 2013, 03:14:21 PM

I don't think it's that related to each orher.
Obviously, saying something is dead kills the particular subject. I won't say it's dead unless eihrul states so or there won't be any more revisions over a period of time (which still occur). Also, who says the Sauerbraten project can't be adopted?

More like "Endangered"... True, but who would be willing enough (with experience and time) to take the sauer project into they're own hands? I can't think of anyone right away, although if I knew how to code I would gladly do it. My schedule is more liberal now that I'm in college, I have more time in the afternoons. Today I only had a 50 min class for the whole day then I'm home :P

This doesn't have much to do with it but I have been getting back into the game more and I'm thinking about starting my old clan back up again. I work on the clan map almost everyday now and I'm looking for a good group of people to help me get started. We were one of best groups at the time and I really miss those days where everyone could just edit in peace without some noob messing with us every 5 minutes. I know it's hard to find legit editors that regularly play the game but I know there are some out there :kirby:

Leo

Has anyone tried Cube 2 Metalheart? It uses the tesseract engine so might be worth looking into, also a howto in getting tesseract running would be nice  :P

Suicizer

Quote from: Leo on September 16, 2013, 12:44:27 PM
Has anyone tried Cube 2 Metalheart? It uses the tesseract engine so might be worth looking into, also a howto in getting tesseract running would be nice  :P

Yep and it's a seriously lame and license breaking one in the time I looked at it.

unixfreak

Quote from: Leo on September 16, 2013, 12:44:27 PM

Tesseract requires SDL2 libraries:
http://libsdl.org/download-2.0.php

I think you have to build it too, unless eihrul is making prebuilt windows binaries.
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Apollo

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

Leo

Thanks dude. Downloading now, will test in the morrow

Leo

Okay so I finished downloading etc, first I tried on my Mint Linux (64bit) install, terminal returned the error saying "error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0" and windows says that it failed to setup shaders. This a GPU problem? I'll probs try to compile it on linux myself, but no idea what to do for Windows

vampirefrog

You need to install SDL2, get it from http://www.libsdl.org/tmp/download-2.0.php
When starting the windows version, use the bat file instead of the exe.
What video card are you using?

vampirefrog

Also, try to post a screenshot or a log dump.

Leo

I am running the bat file, I've even tried running the exe itself, same issue.

Now when you say install SDL2, I'm assuming for Linux cause they are already present in the tesseract bin folder. The problem with SDL in linux is that there isn't a downloadable link of the website and I've tried a number of sudo apt-get install (insert SDL name here) commands already and they can't find the package. Google didn't help. Ill post a screenie of the log from Linux in a minute, I'm on Windows atm.

And my graphics card is: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series from 2009 :P

Leo

Theres the screenshot

vampirefrog

http://www.libsdl.org/tmp/release/SDL2-2.0.0.tar.gz

unpack this tarball, go to the resulting directory and type ./configure && make && sudo make install

You might want to install some dependencies like libjpeg-dev and libsmpeg-dev (there are more, see the configure output)

vampirefrog

And I meant a screenshot from Windows.

Leo

Well my linux install decided to screw itself. So I'm no further on that account and when it comes to windows there really isn't much to screenshot. Just fatal error with the text failed to setup shaders. Are there logs?

By this point I'm getting a headache heh so ill leave it till I reinstall linux. And I don't think my graphics card will be able to run tesseract well. Thanks for the help anyway :D

vampirefrog

Leo, please find the logs in My Documents/My Games/tesseract and paste or attach them here.

Leo

init: sdl
init: net
init: game
init: video
init: gl
Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (ATI Technologies Inc.)
Driver: 3.1.9017
GLSL: 1.40
GLSL ERROR (FS:<init>null)
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 5:1: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:3: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors.  No code generated

1: #version 140
1: #define varying in
1: #define fragdata(loc, name, type) out type name;
1: #define texture1D(sampler, coords) texture(sampler, coords)
2: #define texture2D(sampler, coords) texture(sampler, coords)
3: #define texture2DOffset(sampler, coords, offset) textureOffset(sampler, coords, offset)
4: #define texture2DProj(sampler, coords) texture(sampler, coords)
5: #define shadow2D(sampler, coords) texture(sampler, coords)
6: #define shadow2DOffset(sampler, coords, offset) textureOffset(sampler, coords, offset)
7: #define texture3D(sampler, coords) texture(sampler, coords)
8: #define textureCube(sampler, coords) texture(sampler, coords)
1: #define texture2DRect(sampler, coords) texture(sampler, coords)
2: #define texture2DRectOffset(sampler, coords, offset) textureOffset(sampler, coords, offset)
3: #define texture2DRectProj(sampler, coords) textureProj(sampler, coords)
4: #define shadow2DRect(sampler, coords) texture(sampler, coords)
5: #define shadow2DRectOffset(sampler, coords, offset) textureOffset(sampler, coords, offset)
1: fragdata(0, fragcolor, vec4)
2: void main(void) {
3:    fragcolor = vec4(1.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0);
4: }
GLSL ERROR (FS:<init>hud)
ERROR: 5:2: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:3: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:4: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:6: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: error(#273) 4 compilation errors.  No code generated

3: #define texture2DOffset(sampler, coords, offset) textureOffset(sampler, coords, offset)
6: #define shadow2DOffset(sampler, coords, offset) textureOffset(sampler, coords, offset)
2: #define texture2DRectOffset(sampler, coords, offset) textureOffset(sampler, coords, offset)
5: #define shadow2DRectOffset(sampler, coords, offset) textureOffset(sampler, coords, offset)
1: uniform sampler2D tex0;
2: varying vec2 texcoord0;
3: varying vec4 colorscale;
4: fragdata(0, fragcolor, vec4)
5: void main(void) {
6:     vec4 color = texture2D(tex0, texcoord0);
7:     #pragma CUBE2_swizzle color
8:     fragcolor = colorscale * color;
9: }
GLSL ERROR (FS:<init>hudtext)
ERROR: 5:2: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:4: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:5: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:7: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:8: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:9: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: 5:10: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: error(#273) 8 compilation errors.  No code generated

1: uniform sampler2D tex0;
2: uniform vec4 textparams;
3: varying vec2 texcoord0;
4: varying vec4 colorscale;
5: fragdata(0, fragcolor, vec4)
6: void main(void) {
7:     float dist = texture2D(tex0, texcoord0).r;
8:     float border = smoothstep(textparams.x, textparams.y, dist);
9:     float outline = smoothstep(textparams.z, textparams.w, dist);
10:     fragcolor = vec4(colorscale.rgb * outline, colorscale.a * border);
11: }
GLSL ERROR (FS:<init>hudnotexture)
ERROR: 5:1: error(#239) Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared
ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors.  No code generated

1: varying vec4 color;
2: fragdata(0, fragcolor, vec4)
3: void main(void) {
4:     fragcolor = color;
5: }
failed to setup shaders

vampirefrog

Are you using the latest ATI/AMD driver?

vampirefrog

well wait a bit before updating, eihrul is working on a fix.

Leo

vampirefrog

Try re-downloading now and see if it works, eihrul made a fix. Then if it works, update your drivers anyway, might offer some speed improvement.

vampirefrog

Oh and windows only for now. We'll deal with the linux version later, it's a bit more complicated there.

Leo

Working like a charm and looking beautiful :D

vampirefrog

very nice! how many FPS are you getting on complex?

Leo

110fps :D I even loaded up LeoSlide and it works well. Wonder how cmvalley will work. :P

Leo

Although i  reckon a description for all the options might be nice.

But overall its excellant. With crouching and graphics It felt similiar to CSGO in a way.

All we need now is a resource package and work on the gui. Half of my f1 to f12 menus are blank.
But im guessing cause its still in development. Also I got a bit confused with skylight. But figured out it was sunlight in the end. Quite clever

Ps the models for rifle and rocket are missing

vampirefrog

Quote from: Leo on September 24, 2013, 04:49:00 AM
work on the gui. Half of my f1 to f12 menus are blank.

Ps the models for rifle and rocket are missing

You might want to join irc.freenode.net #tesseract

RaZgRiZ is working on the GUI theme, and I think there is someone working on the weapons.

However, that should not interfere with our resource pack.