loopix texture set

Started by vampirefrog, June 07, 2013, 10:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampirefrog

Hi guys. There's a texture in Sauerbraten that I like, except I really didn't like the bumpmap on it. So I found the texture, in a folder called loopix. It seems to come from http://www.loopix-project.com/, where there's a free texture pack (go to Textures-> Freebies on the top right). I downloaded this pack and it seems to have several textures, not just the one in sauer. So I started fiddling around with CrazyBump, which generates really nice bump maps, displacement maps and specular maps, and got a WAY better result. It still needs tweaking, and should be done for each texture in the set. In fact, it can be done for many other sauer textures which don't have a bump map. It seems to have sophisticated algorithms that allow you to generate a proper bump map, displacement map and so on.

Anyway, I'll try to make this pack usable when I get some free time, in the meanwhile you're free to play with it yourself. Just pick a texture, slap it in CrazyBump and generate its bump map and so on and post it here. Later on we can do this with older sauer textures, like the default first 6 textures for example  :robotnik:

vampirefrog

vampirefrog

screenies

Sweet

Zoocata

oh shit :rigbyspin:
I know im using these :anisan:

vampirefrog

I like the first three, I'm still tweaking the next ones.

vampirefrog

Sauce

It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.