Boost Activity

Started by MasterTechCC, May 04, 2013, 10:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterTechCC

If were going to try to get this clan back on its feet I suggest we should at least have everyone connect to the channel. IRC is a convenient IM service that will make it easier to communicate with everyone and get more people in coopedit :P

Channel --> #mappinghell @ irc.mappinghell.net
Use a client like Nettalk or Ircle or whatever
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

ArdTheSheep

I think I'll stay with Chatting Hell, here on the site, for a while.  Since apparently using alternate names is looked down upon.
Signature

Suicizer

So should we actually start another map someday? Perhaps when a few of our clan begin, the rest will follow eventually...

Skur

Quote from: Suicizer on November 27, 2013, 03:12:43 PM
So should we actually start another map someday? Perhaps when a few of our clan begin, the rest will follow eventually...
+1
This clan is all about creating maps together, idling in irc channels wont make us a much more active mapping clan. If you have some time to invest into our small community, best thing you can do is start and host a new project, that gives the clan something to do and lets the more busy people join whenever they can. Content creation is what keeps us alive, so if you think its worth it organise something... or if you dont dont, but as i said, were a mapping clan, not an irc community.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Suicizer

I still got to mention; I'm not withstanding to take one of ardelico's ideas (like GTA), but rather come up with something less 'flat'. Nothing personally meant of course.

Fairypiss

I have to much going on right now to manage another project, but if one of you chaps start a project and make it easy for me to jump in, then I'll be happy to do so. I'm still in love with the cube2 engine <3

Suicizer

Quote from: Mr.Fixxit694 on November 27, 2013, 11:03:11 PM
I have to much going on right now to manage another project, but if one of you chaps start a project and make it easy for me to jump in, then I'll be happy to do so. I'm still in love with the cube2 engine <3

Anyone against a roman/greek/spartican (just around that age) themed map?
Perhaps we can split section into things like a council, an arena, a temple, a market place, a prison,  the aquastructure, some triomph arches and the actual village. There probably would be a lot more stuff to add, but this would be a start right?

MasterTechCC

Anything to get the ball rolling, nice theme ideas guys
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

Fairypiss

you have my vote for the that time frame and doing a city like map sounds good too

ArdTheSheep

I've started plenty of ideas for clan maps, yet nobody gives a fuck.  So just as Sui said, which I was actually gonna say,  make up your own shit since nobody cares anymore.  This clan is on the edge of death, if not already falling.

Signature

Suicizer

Quote from: ArdTheSheep on December 02, 2013, 11:09:09 PM
I've started plenty of ideas for clan maps, yet nobody gives a fuck.  So just as Sui said, which I was actually gonna say,  make up your own shit since nobody cares anymore.  This clan is on the edge of death, if not already falling.

Indeed you did, but they are quite restrictive...

MasterTechCC

I couldn't post yesterday because the server was offline  /!\

How about this: You're walking up the stairs to heaven, clouds and shit. But right when you get to the gate *boom* you fall straight into hell! The entire base will be underground right smack in the middle of a magma chamber of an active volcano. Picture evil, dark, satanic underworld cause this is MH for fucks sake! I'll get started on it asap

Suicizer

Quote from: MasterTechCC on December 03, 2013, 09:39:56 PM
I couldn't post yesterday because the server was offline  /!\

How about this: You're walking up the stairs to heaven, clouds and shit. But right when you get to the gate *boom* you fall straight into hell! The entire base will be underground right smack in the middle of a magma chamber of an active volcano. Picture evil, dark, satanic underworld cause this is MH for fucks sake! I'll get started on it asap

Damn you, I once had that as idea for a ctf map. Oh well, perhaps too hard to perform well on Sauerbraten...