eehhh

Started by MajorReign, March 19, 2013, 07:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorReign

I dunno if this is matching in here but uhm , why the fuck are there no more editors in sauer playing on servers ?

Skur

nop. the noobs took over the world.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

ArdTheSheep

Case 1:
Quotenop. the noobs took over the world.

Case 2: new version was released, so, (what I think), the editors don't want to make maps since the next release might not be until 2015/2016.

Case 3: they died from playing with too many cubes.

One of the above should be it, if not all 3.  But I do agree with skur, there's a lot more nooblie pies running around than there used to be.
Signature

MajorReign

no i mean like there are 4 servers with players on with a max of 23 players i seen :O

vampirefrog

I don't think there's going to be a new release. afaik, eihrul is concentrating on tesseract

ArdTheSheep

Tesseract won't have many players unless the framerate problem is fixed.

My AW, can run Skyrim, BF3, LOTRO, etc, at MAX settings, and get an incredible framerate.

Yet it gets ridiculously low framerate on Tesseract, on MINIMUM settings.

My opinion on Tesseract, from my most recent experience: Horrible. It's not even worth opening.  Hell it's not even worth it to think about it.  Yeah, I know, it's a project that's in-dev, but it's laggy as hell.

Many will probably say, "Get a better computer" -- to those people who do, Fuck you, my computer is at least 2x if not 3x as better as yours. (not directed towards any specific person/persons)

Example of how laggy Tesseract is:

Skyrim, BF3, LOTRO, on max settings: only 50-70% CPU usage.

Tesseract, on minimum settings: 80-100% CPU usage. (on fucking complex, dear god.)
Signature

vampirefrog

Quote from: MajorReign on March 19, 2013, 07:15:45 PM
I dunno if this is matching in here but uhm , why the fuck are there no more editors in sauer playing on servers ?
Anyway, returning to the subject at hand :P

Just hang out on servers and people will join and they'll like what you build and they'll ask to be unspecced and so on and so forth. Create attraction.

unixfreak

Quote from: Ardelico on March 25, 2013, 09:56:26 AM

The framerate is an issue for me and maybe quite a few other cube players.  In your case, it could be your graphics card drivers or whatever if you are able to play other games on high settings.

Problem from my point of view is that tesseract requires high-end hardware. As it stands... cube/sauerbraten in general runs okay on mid settings for me, and runs VERY good on low settings, and yet i have (as do many others) an integrated/crappy graphics card.

Tesseract on the other hand, lowest possible settings gives me no higher than a framerate of 1-2. Pretty impossible to do anything. The same reason as to why i can't play other games such as xonotic. I think real-time lighting (or maybe it's another isssue) takes alot of graphical power.

The good thing about cube engine (sauerbraten, assaultcube, red eclipse, etc) is that they can all function well on high end equipment, pretty graphics/effects and the likes. BUT can also run nicely on older hardware.

I know there's the argument of "buy a better computer/graphics card", but i think we'll find alot of people are playing these games because they are affordable to play (in terms of not having to upgrade your hardware). I'd love to go out and get a new computer, but i just can't afford it.

Sauerbraten will still have many players online for those reasons. (as long as the master server stays up).
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Skur

My AW, can run Skyrim, BF3, LOTRO, etc, at MAX settings, and get an incredible framerate.

My opinion on Tesseract, from my most recent experience: Horrible. It's not even worth opening.  Hell it's not even worth it to think about it.  Yeah, I know, it's a project that's in-dev, but it's laggy as hell.

Many will probably say, "Get a better computer" -- to those people who do, Fuck you, my computer is at least 2x if not 3x as better as yours. (not directed towards any specific person/persons)

Tesseract, on minimum settings: 80-100% CPU usage. (on fucking complex, dear god.)

May i ask what graphics card you have that lets you play bf3 maxed out? i got a Gigabyte Radeon 7970 which gives me around 200-300 fps on complex and on highly detailed maps like kopenhagen, the lowest i get are around 80 (when just walking around on the ground ~150), but benchmarks say (havent actually tried it myself) that it only gets 60-80 fps on maxed out bf3. (tesseract and bf3 in full hd)
-Einstein

vampirefrog

Just get a cheapo nVidia card, and it should run fine. I have an nvidia GT240, which is pretty low end, and I get 60FPS with vsync on. Newegg reveals the average price of $50 for a GT 560.

Ardelico: the positive thing to do is to at least submit a bug report to eihrul. Or just tell us your system specs and I'll show him this thread. You can post your specs in this section: http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/board,56.0.html .

Skur

i forgot to mention that i was playing with an old build from december, just got the current version and get even more fps now :3
-Einstein

unixfreak

Quote from: vampirefrog on March 26, 2013, 01:26:22 PM
Just get a cheapo nVidia card, and it should run fine. I have an nvidia GT240, which is pretty low end, and I get 60FPS with vsync on. Newegg reveals the average price of $50 for a GT 560.

Ardelico: the positive thing to do is to at least submit a bug report to eihrul. Or just tell us your system specs and I'll show him this thread. You can post your specs in this section: http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/board,56.0.html .

Yeah, the prices for a gpu in that range are pretty cheap. Problem is i'd need to upgrade my psu, last time i checked (think i was looking at the GT520) i worked out i'd need to upgrade it. Isn't worth the effort of upgrading my current computer, probably better to save up for a whole new rig.
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

vampirefrog

You have to tell us your system specs - CPU, RAM and especially video card. But just as important is whether you have tried the latest version of tesseract. You can get windows builds here: http://mappinghell.net/tesseract

ArdTheSheep

Here. But I'm telling you, eirhul won't listen.

<_> <_>the computer i run it on, AMD A6, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7520G
<_> lets see, i open it
<_> it lags
<_> the end
Signature