[Accepted] Suicizer's Application.

Started by Suicizer, March 13, 2013, 10:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suicizer

Well, as I've been linked to here I guess spamming some topic around on this corner of the forum should do.

Name : Suicizer
Alias : Nubcake

In Game

How long have you been playing ?
I've been playing since the release of Assassin edition, so something like March 2008 (I guess 5 years now?).

How did you discover the game ?
Original question, haven't heard that one for an application before. I discovered Sauerbraten via my elder brother which was a noob back then and only played singleplayer because of that.

What are your favourite game modes (except coopedit)? Why?
My favourite game modes are Free For All (or teamplay), classic Capture and Tactics Arena, but that mode died a long time ago. The reason why? Because I love to kick asses of newbie instagib players in an environment which they never truly heard of.
Even it's not an actual mode in Sauerbraten, I do like defrag (as in trickjumping). Done a lot of that back in the good ol' days...

When are you usually online?
Most days of the week, between 6 and 9. Not always though.

Why Mapping Hell?
Because as I've stated already, it seems to be a stable and active clan which I know for a years now. Next to that, the people within the clan seem to be nice persons to map and mess around with. Another reason is as I'm not planning to start up mX-clan, neither joining a clan like cm while I am actually searching for a good mapping clan to join in.

What will you bring to the team?
Happiness, good ideas for maps. Random layouts. My wicked sense of humor and attractiveness.
Maybe some knowledge and experience also (about maps, models, textures, configuring, etc) and maybe some certain services as well (as in organising, helping, etc),

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why?
I've considered lots of times to move on to the next map-editor, but I keep sticking to Sauerbraten somehow. I prefer making maps which contain everything to make a map look pretty, but still feeling great to run through and play at.

How many mapping projects did you start?
I have no idea. I think it's about 42 which are like half- or completely done. I won't count stuff which are cooperative (like clanmaps), just experiments or certain ideas as then you probably could double or even triple it.

How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links)?
You can put a whole debate of when something is actually finished =P. Well, I'll take it just as "good enough to show to the public which probably will review it positively".

I've putted it in an order of which I actually think that is the best to what actually shouldn't be shown.

Fatal Instinct : http://www.quadropolis.us/node/2854
E6 Texturepack (example map) : http:/www.quadropolis.us/node/2792
Icecube : http:/www.quadropolis.us/node/3722
Evilness : http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3170
Scedm5 : http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3067
Scedm4 : http://quadropolis.us/node/2613
SauerFlauer : http://www.quadropolis.us/node/1755 (couldn't resist to show some of my earliest works).

What is your favourite kind of map?
I actually have no favourite kind of map, but I prefer when it's designed to run around. People should be free to navigate through a map and stop whenever they want to look at a certain detail or do other stuff.

I'm still having certain projects which you might be interested in. I'll show so when the time has come ;).

Other

Do you want to add something else?
I would be glad to join MH if you all let me ;).

On my curriculum vitae of clan I was the founder and the leader of WS|clan (A fragging clan called We Suck in the 1st generation, Wild Sex in the 2nd generation (co-leader), Without Sense in the 3th generation (co-leader)). As stated in the "Introduce Yourself" topic, I've been in mX|clan twice (which I joined after the 1st generation of WS|clan, rejoined at the 2nd generation again). So I wouldn't mind organising certain stuff when I would be member as my experience could help a little...

Here some screenshots of the actual maps, as some of them are outdated  (like those of Fatal Instinct).

Fatal Instinct:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?xvi244ad6yqcmvk

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8e772t31lnh68qx

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?f1vf5yjtjof4kdm

IceCube:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1h1b5n54c45bf6p

Evil6 Texturepack:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?mj3fwax6kcpcz4a

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bnkpa5zyri3km29

Area6:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?g7wnayshkaaowwl

ArdTheSheep

I like your maps and your editing style/theme. 

I mostly like SauerFlauer since a while back I attempted to make a space map similar to that, but that was back in my noobish days, never got around to redoing it, but seeing that map I might.

For now I'm not voting, due to a strong negative opinion I have about you as a person.

The main things being,

-I've asked you countless times to stop calling me 'ardelic'

-another reason, you broke a promise that you made a while ago after force was completed.

That being stated, I'm not completely sure that I can trust you.

My vote at the moment is on a yes/no ratio of 40/60.  Yes, the ratio points more towards a no vote, but due to the fact that I like your maps, I find it unfair to vote no at the moment.
I've had some thought on it and I believe you deserve a chance to change my opinion of you as a person. 

I'll vote later once I get to know you better.
Signature

Suicizer

Quote-I've asked you countless times to stop calling me 'ardelic'
Did you? only heard it once. Well ok, Ardelico ;).

Quote-another reason, you broke a promise that you made a while ago after force was completed.
Wut? Which promise? It's about 4 months ago, so it won't be on top of my memory.

Skur

nice mappys, good matey. my vote is yes  :jammin:
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

ArdTheSheep

I've asked multiple times in #sauerbraten.

And you do know which promise I'm talking about, the one that you cancelled over something stupid.
Signature

Suicizer

Quote from: Ardelico on March 14, 2013, 08:49:09 PM
I've asked multiple times in #sauerbraten.

And you do know which promise I'm talking about, the one that you cancelled over something stupid.

I guess you did? I'm not reading all of your posts on the IRC channels (don't take it personal, there sometimes is just too much to read). Anyway, fixed now ardelico ;).

I seriously have no idea which promise you are talking about and apparently you neither, else you wouldn't have putted it that way.

MajorReign

I like your Maps and as i hearded from friends you are also a nice person , my vote is YES

Sweet

I'm apprehensive because I understand that much of the community finds your criticism to be grating. HOWEVER, I believe that admittance to this clan should be based on skill and creativity, not how others perceive you. And as most of us know, you are a fantastic mapper. My vote is yes.

vampirefrog

You have my vote if you manage to calm Ardelico's pants.

unixfreak

Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Zoocata

i vote yes but not really since im not in the clan anymore.

I'm glad to see MH is rebuilding. can't wait to edit with y'all again.

MasterTechCC

Quote from: Sweet on March 17, 2013, 07:24:31 PM
I'm apprehensive because I understand that much of the community finds your criticism to be grating. HOWEVER, I believe that admittance to this clan should be based on skill and creativity, not how others perceive you. And as most of us know, you are a fantastic mapper. My vote is yes.
Pretty much what I had in mind. Yes this clan is starting to get up on its feet now, not as fast as I wanted but we're making progress. I really need to stay on the forums more often because I'm not as engaged, I've had some other stuff get in the way and I'm just trying my best to keep it all together. I've known you ever since I started playing sauer and I humbly show my respect to you as a superb editor and critic that the community should be looking up to. Nevertheless its a yes from me  :)
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

ArdTheSheep

As I've asked even more times for you to stop with the names, you still intentionally do it, thinking that you'll get a yes no matter what you do.  Welp, sorry, your luck ran out.

The first one or two times it's funny, I admit, but you're doing it excessively and it's getting annoying.

I gave you a chance, yet you didn't even try to change my opinion.  Not once.

I'm voting no.
Signature

Suicizer

Quote from: Ardelico on March 19, 2013, 09:38:21 PM
As I've asked even more times for you to stop with the names, you still intentionally do it, thinking that you'll get a yes no matter what you do.  Welp, sorry, your luck ran out.

The first one or two times it's funny, I admit, but you're doing it excessively and it's getting annoying.

I gave you a chance, yet you didn't even try to change my opinion.  Not once.

I'm voting no.

Wut?
I'm recently calling you just by your aliases (can't help you got those) or your full name. It actually has never been intended.
Changing someone's opinion which is based on the other's personality takes more than a day in overall.

ArdTheSheep

I gave you 5 days.  My vote is final.
Signature

Suicizer

Quote from: Ardelico on March 20, 2013, 02:23:12 AM
I gave you 5 days.  My vote is final.

Thanks man, I know I could count on you...

Sweet

Ardelico, barring personal reasons, would you accept him?

Suicizer

Quote from: Sweet on March 20, 2013, 11:59:56 PM
Ardelico, barring personal reasons, would you accept him?

Personally I actually never had the feeling to hate or even dislike Ardelico. We had cetain disagreements in the past, but most of them are forgiven from my side.
I have no certain clue why he wouldn't do the same...

vampirefrog

Quote from: Suicizer on March 21, 2013, 03:02:45 PM
Personally I actually never had the feeling to hate or even dislike Ardelico. We had cetain disagreements in the past, but most of them are forgiven from my side.
I have no certain clue why he wouldn't do the same...
HIS HEART IS STILL BROKEN AND YOU MUST MEND IT!

Suicizer

Quote from: vampirefrog on March 23, 2013, 11:42:51 PM
HIS HEART IS STILL BROKEN AND YOU MUST MEND IT!

I can't fix a hearth which thinks that I'm responsible for his actions.

Sweet

Quote from: Suicizer on March 25, 2013, 01:18:44 AM
I can't fix a hearth which thinks that I'm responsible for his actions.

ArdTheSheep

QuoteI can't fix a hearth which thinks that I'm responsible for his actions.

And you wonder, why I voted no.

Blaming everything on me hm? Go ahead and add an extra -1.

As far as I remember, from our little irc chat, there were 3 deals made.

So far you're following through with none of them. Hey, 3 more -1's.

Score: -4

My vote stays no.

At this point, there is nearly nothing you can do to change my vote.

Signature

Suicizer

Quote from: Ardelico on March 25, 2013, 09:39:11 AM
QuoteI can't fix a hearth which thinks that I'm responsible for his actions.

And you wonder, why I voted no.

Blaming everything on me hm? Go ahead and add an extra -1.

As far as I remember, from our little irc chat, there were 3 deals made.

So far you're following through with none of them. Hey, 3 more -1's.

Score: -4

My vote stays no.

At this point, there is nearly nothing you can do to change my vote.

What? Who said I blame anyone?

Anyway, It seems you feel like I've done some bad things to you. Well, if that's what you want to hear; I'm sorry for it and I apologize for doing so.

MasterTechCC

Guys how many people are left that still have to vote?  :kirby:
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

vampirefrog

Quote from: MasterTechCC on March 27, 2013, 12:42:33 AM
Ardelico and I. We're basically waiting on him to get over his personal issues with Suicizer.

Skur

Quote from: vampirefrog on March 27, 2013, 02:02:18 PM
Ardelico and I. We're basically waiting on him to get over his personal issues with Suicizer.
How do ards personal issues with suic affect your vote? I don't think it's fair not to vote because of other people's problems which don't affect you at all.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

vampirefrog

Quote from: Skur on March 27, 2013, 03:30:48 PM
Quote from: vampirefrog on March 27, 2013, 02:02:18 PM
How do ards personal issues with suic affect your vote? I don't think it's fair not to vote because of other people's problems which don't affect you at all.
I just figured I'd support Ardelico, but it seems to be going nowhere. My vote is yes. I'm sure Suicizer will be a valuable member.
My advice to Ardelico is to lighten up, take things with a grain of salt, and learn to live with it. :badnik:

ArdTheSheep

QuoteI just figured I'd support Ardelico,

Voting yes = Supporting?

Signature

vampirefrog

I meant supporting by withholding my vote, which I gave up.

Suicizer

Quote from: Ardelico on March 27, 2013, 10:11:04 PM

Voting yes = Supporting?

After such rage of 4chan-related pictures (which is actually just trolling and pretty disrespectful on an application of someone), even if he would vote yes; is this still considered to be a legit vote? Just saying, certain votes are more worth then others...

Nothing personal Ardelico, so don't take it like that...

About which (perhaps?) still could vote next to Ardelico;

Sauce  (last active 31 January 2013)
    Leo  (last active 24 February 2013)
    Sparky4  (last active 27 March 2013)
    Mr.Fixxit694  (last active 19 March 2013)
    Windecker  (last active 17 March 2013)
    Jake (Why is this member also linked to an account called "Apollo"?)
    Boognish  (last active 26 February 2013)
    Yoddle  (last active 13 March 2013)
    Mooeepp (last active 16 October 2012)
    VastLite  (last active 11 September 2012)
    ChaoStar  (last active 15 March 2013)
    Skylax  (last active 12 March 2013)
    Hawk_eye  (last active 3 August 2012)
    Maccas (there isn't such account?)

It seems like certain people log in, but never check certain forum topics. So far 7 people have voted (while 1 of them seems not a member as he states so (Zoocata); take it as a recommendation then at least) If you would keep the members which are still logged in between now and 2 weeks ago (which is exactly at the date I posted this topic), you would only keep Mr.Fixxit694, Windecker, Yoddle, ChaoStar and Skylax left (but it's like more than 3 years ago that I actually saw Skylax and that was back in the days he was WS member "for a day"). So I guess the majority of those people probably won't show up that soon and more than half of the active members already voted.

vampirefrog

Quote from: Suicizer on March 27, 2013, 11:36:43 PM
About which (perhaps?) still could vote next to Ardelico;

Sauce  (last active 31 January 2013)
    Leo  (last active 24 February 2013)
    Sparky4  (last active 27 March 2013)
    Mr.Fixxit694  (last active 19 March 2013)
    Windecker  (last active 17 March 2013)
    Jake (Why is this member also linked to an account called "Apollo"?)
    Boognish  (last active 26 February 2013)
    Yoddle
    Mooeepp
    VastLite
    ChaoStar
    Skylax
    Hawk_eye
    Maccas

I haven 't seen certain people for more than 3 years now (like Skylax, I remember he once was a WS for a little amount of time also ^^!) and others tend to ignore forum posts of applications or just every forum post. I also have no idea who of them is still active or even in the clan. It seems to me that all active members which aren't gone for period of time have voted already?
Jake = Windecker = Apollo (aliases)
sparky4 is still active but hasn't voted yet
The other guys, I'm not sure, but probably inactive.
Skylax founded MH btw :)

At this point, me and Sweet administer the forum, and to a small extent, the clan. This is only because nobody else stepped forward.

We had an inactivity rule at some point that the vote needs to be made by active clan members, but then we removed that rule. If a member was unseen for a few months, he/she would be deemed inactive, and didn't have to vote. But this is not true anymore, it's not so well defined either. But the situation is usually pretty obvious. In Ardelico's case, a significant number of members voted yes, so he got in. There were no negative votes.

There was also a unanimity rule, which I think we should keep for now. I'm just not sure what can be done in the current situation. Suicizer apologized to Ardelico, but now Ardelico seems to be acting simply immature.

I would like to hear other people's opinions on this, including Ardelico's and Suicizer's. Is Ardelico entitled to hold Suicizer's entry, or is he just acting immature?

Also, later on, we should revise the joining rules text.

Suicizer

Quote from: vampirefrog on March 28, 2013, 12:15:42 AM

I know, but it do surprises me there isn't such a thing like a history topic of MappingHell on the forums. Or I just weren't able to find yet...

vampirefrog

Quote from: Suicizer on March 28, 2013, 12:23:16 AM
Quote from: vampirefrog on March 28, 2013, 12:15:42 AM

I know, but it do surprises me there isn't such a thing like a history topic of MappingHell on the forums. Or I just weren't able to find yet...
That sounds interesting actually, I'll write something up at some point. The forum needs some maintenance. You're welcome to bring suggestions as well.

Fairypiss

yeah, Ive been here the whole time but i recently jumped browser so i went little bit without being loged-in (forgot my password).

anyways, I liked Scedm5 a lot, reminds me a little bit of Metroid prime, so my vote is a yes

vampirefrog

I'd really like to hear other people's opinions on this Ardelico-Suicizer situation. We can vote what measures to take after everyone has shared their thoughts.