Maps to date

Started by Catelite, March 13, 2009, 03:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catelite

An old Cube 1 map, with virtually nothing changed except for the particles and lightmaps.
The underground passageways were originally covered with identically-textured mapmodels, though.
#36. : D

Another old Cube 1 map, similarily unchanged since being imported to Cube 2. It's not the exact likeness of a Pac-Man maze, but it's close enough. I've changed the door in the ghost cage to be an invisible one way wall. : D

...There's a quad in every corner, too.

The screenshot doesn't do this map justice, since 90% of the textures move about on their own.
Taken from the model of the previous (above) map but modified in shape to be perfectly symmetric, this map is meant specifically for CTF mode, possibly Capture.

..I'll eventually get rid of the lava and replace it with something else.

This map wouldn't convert over to Cube 2 well (It was made almost entirely of mapmodels.)
Though no one actually -uses- the stairs. The main mode of travel is downwards, though the portal on the floor.

Try it, it'll make more sense. : D

A map called "Rail" for testing faster-than-missle speeds.
Haven't done anything special with it, though.

A map called Diamond that makes a distinct diamond shape when viewed from outside.

A map called "Maze" (Not the most creative name.)
It's actually exactly what it says.
A 5x5x5 maze, which doesn't neglect a single tile of space. It's more difficult that it looks...
(Really)

A map called "Core."
Also an old Cube 1 map I finally got around to fixing, this one named "Core2" glows brightly with the CFG.

The map "Core" uses the default texture set.

This map was an experiment to see whether invisible walls would prevent light from moving.
(Called "Virus")
...It turns out, they do.

Catelite

Moving this map back to the top because of changes.

(Didn't want to make a separate thread)