New Clan HQ

Started by MasterTechCC, January 14, 2013, 05:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterTechCC

Soooo.... yeah we need one, ideas?  :kirby:
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

unixfreak

Yes. We need something like this.

There was this attempt last year, but i don't think it got anywhere;
http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/topic,630.0.html

Could try work on that, or start from scratch. There are a few other clan-maps that didn't get much work.
What ideas are you thinking of?
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

vampirefrog

Just start something and that will get other people to stop procrastinating as well :P

MasterTechCC

The dungeon is kinda cool, but we need something that looks a little more like HELL, fire and flames and goth and shit  /!\ Or we could do something like TC, mX and keep it simple? I have a map that Soyuz and I worked on that's pretty cool, he might be upset if he comes back and finds out I used it but oh well :P
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

Sweet

I think what held us back last time was *too much* planning. We had a blueprint texture, we considered making it modular, etc. I'd be totally psyched to make a clanmap with y'all. I think we should just get together and start, see where it takes us.

unixfreak

So has anyone started something or got any ideas? I'd love to work on something.

Which kind of clan map do you guys think would be most suitable? For example, some clans build a huge map around a central structure, some clans will build a hallway of rooms where each member is assigned a room to add their personal touch.

I personally think the first option would be more ideal as everyone would be working on the same thing, and it gives people more incentive to work together.

vampirefrog

Our old clan HQ was a huge map, with several centers, and a village where everyone had their two-story villa (villa-ge?). I think that's pretty good, since each member or group of members can work on one of the centers, while also having their own personal house, which everyone can visit (but not modify). The old visual theme was black red and orange, solidified magma and lava, hellish theme. Let's go ahead and start a size 13 map and make some landscape so we have a starting point.

Quote from: unixfreak on February 27, 2013, 06:57:48 PM
So has anyone started something or got any ideas? I'd love to work on something.

Which kind of clan map do you guys think would be most suitable? For example, some clans build a huge map around a central structure, some clans will build a hallway of rooms where each member is assigned a room to add their personal touch.

I personally think the first option would be more ideal as everyone would be working on the same thing, and it gives people more incentive to work together.

ArdTheSheep

QuoteLet's go ahead and start a size 13 map and make some landscape so we have a starting point.

k_rpg2

I'm good with terrain, I can do that.

I have a custom rock and waterfall textures, and 6 outdoor themed sounds, could use those.  I'll upload the zips later.

OOOOOOR, how about we become the first clan with a space station as a clan map?  (that could also be playable)

Skur posted this pic in another thread, thought it could work.  Maybe lunaran/trak5/gibbie textures?

Signature

unixfreak

I actually got something done earlier on jim-dandy, it could have been useful, nice hell-ish environment with a crap load of nice mountains/lake-beds etc.... and then the server disconnected me before i saved it.

I was like...   :rockin: i want my 45minutes back!

Idk about a space-theme, to me it doesn't really sound or look hell-ish. I would be thinking more, pools of lava, chasms, caves, volcanoes, rusty bridges, satanic/gothic elements maybe?

ArdTheSheep

I've got a few ideas:

--do vampis newmap 13 idea

--we could expand hells_fortress.  (it's size 13 atm)

--the space-ship theme could be possible,  a crashed (or normally landed) spaceship on a large volcanic planet.

--the spaceship over a large crater that serves as a mining/research station

Any thoughts?

Edit: I just read a few of the older clan map threads, the main thing I noticed in all of them was 'large layout' or  'large map'

Maybe that's the reason that none of the maps ever get finished?

Thoughts on starting with a smaler map (11 - 12) first, and mapenlarge if it's needed?

Signature

vampirefrog

Quote from: Ardelico on February 28, 2013, 09:29:24 AM
I've got a few ideas:

--do vampis newmap 13 idea

--we could expand hells_fortress.  (it's size 13 atm)

--the space-ship theme could be possible,  a crashed (or normally landed) spaceship on a large volcanic planet.

--the spaceship over a large crater that serves as a mining/research station

Any thoughts?

Edit: I just read a few of the older clan map threads, the main thing I noticed in all of them was 'large layout' or  'large map'

Maybe that's the reason that none of the maps ever get finished?

Thoughts on starting with a smaler map (11 - 12) first, and mapenlarge if it's needed?

Too much procrastination. Let's just go with the size 13 map idea and we can add space ships in it later. Right now let's focus on having a flat village area and several mountains and lakes, then we'll add large underground sections and floating platforms as well. I suggest the village area should be near a river, for sewage purposes.

Sweet

Me gusta. I'll join y'all when I get a chance   :jammin:

ArdTheSheep

How about this?

It has valleys, a fire hellish place, etc, it's the perfect layout.

(we shouldn't copy it EXACTLY, but use it as a guide of some sort)
Signature

vampirefrog

Looks nice, Ard, some nice ideas in there, I like the varying climates, IE having a snow land, a lava land, a green land and so on.

I have an idea as well: Let's make several levels, one of them being earth, but where an apocalypse has happened or something, and we're all dead, but we also have a graveyard, so each member gets to make his own grave or crypt. One level lower is Hell, where we have the hell village, all the lava pits and such, and this is all underground, and below that we can have dungeons and other crazy ideas people might get to add lower levels. We can also have a level above the Earth level, with a heaven setting, or perhaps another hell setting, thus setting the optimist tone.  :robotnik:

MajorReign

I thought something about a flying City ! Maybe something like Bioshock Infinite :)

MasterTechCC

Holy shit I had actually pictured something like this, its just what I wanted /!\ :O

MajorReign

ArdTheSheep

Signature

Sweet

Fuck it we're making Bioshock Infinite :D

MajorReign