obj Model - problem

Started by Fairypiss, September 06, 2012, 07:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairypiss

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with the faces on my obj model - some of the faces are dark in areas and in other areas there seems to be light peeking through. Is the anyway to clean that up with just using sauerbraten? but if not then i imagine i can fix it with blender.

here is the map & obj file.

Sweet

It might need to be normal-mapped or glow-mapped or bump-mapped or something mapped, I dunno.

Apollo

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Fairypiss

vampirefrog

Try now mate. I had a go at it with blender. You exported this from cube2 initially, but it generates a lot of spare polygons, that just mess up normal calculations. I actually removed everything but the shape line, and rotated it around the vertical axis. Fixed the normals, they're all smooth now, except for the top and bottom. It's not textured for some reason, haven't figured out why yet.

vampirefrog

Here's a version with proper normals. You'll have to pick out a different texture. The one in the folder is not power-of-two (the width and the height have to be powers of 2).

vampirefrog

Quote from: Mr.Fixxit694 on September 07, 2012, 04:22:46 AM
Thank you so much vampirefrog, i greatly appreciate you taking the time to fix that for me - saved me a lot of time. yeah the texture in the folder was just for quick uses - I'll make a costume texture for the model later. I guess I'll just end up using blender after all then for the other models - makes life easier
glad to help  ;D