coopedit spam

Started by vampirefrog, June 14, 2009, 09:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampirefrog

Hello. As some of you know, i've implemented the coopedit spam detection thing. Recently I modified frogmod so the warnings only reach the master/admin (not everybody, less bothersome). Anyway, There are 4 possible messages: large grid size, large selection size, fast scrolling, fast texture scrolling. I've noticed that 'large grid size' and 'fast texture scrolling' are usually valid for warning the player or the master for kicking/spec. However, 'large selection size' and 'fast scrolling' do not work so well, because usually players select a large area with small cubes, and it's perfectly valid (the current limit is 10 cubes on any axis). So i was thinking of improving these, but I need some suggestions from you guys. So when you have time, please take master/admin on hell server or jake's server, spec yourself and watch the players that generate warnings. Some will be valid, some will be mapwreckers.

My current idea is to replace 'large selection size' checking by checking the actual measure of the selection instead of the number of cubes. That means that you can have 20 small cubes and still be in limit, but if you have 20 big cubes, you're over the limit. By actual measure i mean check in world coordinates instead of number of cubes. That means number of cubes * grid size. As for 'fast scrolling', I'm thinking of multiplying the detection interval (currently 300ms) by the grid size. So this way, it detects the damage done.

If this works out, at some point I'll implement autokick/autospec. I'm also going to add a /newmap protection that either kicks or specs the player that does it.

...Oh and mapmodel spam detection, and I think there are some other places where we can add some spam detection... please suggest.

SkyLaX

A little command :
@trust CN for trustable ppl...
Reset when he disconnect, and hide all the warning from this client.
Regards,
Skilax the mean Administrator.

vampirefrog

i don't know about @trust... if I make a better authentication system, we'll use that instead.

Here's another idea: particle spam protection (protect against certain particle values)

Spaceoff

[Hell]Yeah!

vampirefrog

chat spam blocking already is implemented.

Apollo

particle spam would be good to block. We all know of the dreaded particle that engulfs your vision all around... and people always make it, I think that one, or that size for that particle should be disabled.  Only doable by admin.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

I need a list of particle types + particle parameters (max values) that should be blocked. i'm not really familiar with them.

Apollo

I'll see if i can see what the params are of them DOOM!!!! particles..

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

DOBK

well i was on a server with some guy that was master and he kept adding bots until he reached the botlimit, then he got rid of them all <repeatedly
so how about bot <spamming
or how about changimg map spamming (not with /newmap command but with /map (mapnamehere)command, is there 1 already ?
also u are able to stop people changing the sky 1000 times a second <mabey a little exadurated.
mabey a mapsize limit as /newmap 9999999 is gay as it requires me to restart the game.
/kick spamming is possible to stop people mass-kicking
is it possible to block naughty swear words, probably not but just curious.

just a few thoughts,
good luck reading all this crap mate :)
Once upon a time there lived a NOOB.......................So i killed it ;)

SkyLaX

/newmap 30 is the maximum
Maybe 16 should be allowed on the server...
And delete the damn : XXX is now a spectator.
Regards,
Skilax the mean Administrator.

Apollo

lol, ruins the  "Die -[Hell]Jake-!!!"  thing, eh