Modern, Oriental, Wood type theme

Started by Sauce, June 21, 2012, 05:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOug-Mf5CME

Take a look at that map, we should try to put together a texture set like that. Maybe we could work together on it.

I need a texture set to work with and I can't do shit, unless I stick to just one set. Though everyone already seen every theme, so everything seems over done if you just follow one texture set. Maybe I could make a cool gibbie map, I know I could do that theme, but really all the themes are getting sour, in the bad loaf kind of way. Maybe I can just make one gibbie, one lunarian etc. I could do that probably. Otherwise I'll never be successful. Maps like secret and genesis I have no hope to complete, because it's all mixed texture sets and I can never tie it all together when it's like that. I will never ever have a finished map if I don't do it myself, period. My maps are pretty much not going anywhere anymore and I doubt they ever will. So I am just going to forget about them and start over, fuck it. I can't be in a position where I have to beg people for labour that don't really care about the project they're working on. It makes me seem like a fake and I am basically slave driving people that have no love for the project, which isn't fair to them. I think I might give up on this mapping thing, I just can't seem to get anything together and I am loosing patience, and I had a lot of it to start. It's obvious. I either find a new direction or quit, I can't handle to see anymore failed projects. So if anyone wants to help me try to learn how to be more independent that would be cool. Also maybe try to get a texture pack like this together, that would be cool as well. I am just extremely disappointed with how all the work in my projects turned out and how it was all wasted, that it makes it hard for me to have any desire to map again, I am uber discouraged and unhappy with everything that is Sauerbraten mapping. I just don't want to think about secret or genesis again and since the ctf I am working on follows a single theme, I just will do that maybe. If this map does well, I'll continue, if not, I don't know if I can. I am just a noob who asks for everything, I am no real mapper. This has to change.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Apollo

Email me the most recent version of Secret you have.

I don't know what happened to mine. >.> ....

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Skur

I think there had been too many ppl working on this single project.
Most ppl who want to "help" just want their name in the maptitle..
And I think its almost imposible to finish a serious map without one host who does at least 80% of the work. If you let the others do "what they want" they will fail because their ideas and mapping skills wont fit together. If you want some ppl to help id almost finish the layout, pick a theme and start detailing so the helpers know excactly what to do.

Thats pretty hard, I know, thats why i usually dont coop edit on my playable projects. (Its different with funmaps) But I think its easier to make a map with one helper, im working on two maps with snowy.. but with anyone else i failed :P

So.. you will either have make ur maps alone or find someone whos editing skills r similar to urs and who is very active, very interested in the project and not a "oh, nice map. lets see if a can get in the credits" person.

grammar sux 0.o
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Sauce

You're right p1. I am working with hewho now on a ctf and I hope it works out well. Also Jake, I'll give ya the new secret and genesis when I get back. Sorry to sound winy Jake, I just got super frustrated the one day and it made me over negative. You helped me a lot Jake and I really appreciate it. It's like what p1 said though, if you're going to have a partner you need like one person who is there with you most of the time and not just a bunch of people adding shit like what happened in genesis. Though genesis improved a lot surprisingly from that method, but it is apparent it won't go any further this way.

It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Death

I dont want to sound pushy but could i see that secret map and the map your working on with Snowy, p1?

Also about the original post i think that map would look nice if you put it together. Only problem is getting a picture of the map. There looks like theres a fe tunnels ect.

Yoddle

reflection is such a good map :) especially for swat
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Sauce

Ya yoddle it's great! We should play some halo sometime. Though I just wanted a similar texture set, not to re do the map or anything.

Sauce

Both secret and genesis are in there. So enjoy!

Yoddle

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Sauce

Yoddle

Sauce

Yoddle: it's awesome man, get it bro, seriously!  Oh by the way man, check my reach map.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13793007&player=Sauceofallevils

Could you do me a huge favor? My xbox won't load Reach all of a sudden and it has like no scratches and my map expired off http://www.forgehub.com forever ago and because of the dumb map name no one even looked at the thread. Here is what I want you to do if ya can. Rename the map "alphaomega"
It's a super generic name and guaranteed some downloads, I know it, even if the name is kind of dumb, this is how it works in Halo. I got screenshots to, just make a thread with my map and put my screenshots up. Maybe a slight description in your words, talking the map up, nothing to lengthy.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=Sauceofallevils

This map took a lot of time and no one really tried it. It sounds like a lot, but if you could man. One more thing. The map will say "by yoddle", so in the description say "Map made by Sauceofallevils". Thanks bro.

Sweet

Y'all got XBOX and Halo Reach and didn't tell me? Crazay. Add me on Live: funkymallow

Sauce

No one tried me Halo map eh, fuckers. :)

Sweet