asking reddit

Started by vampirefrog, June 06, 2012, 04:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampirefrog

Hey guys, I was thinking of asking on Reddit how we may improve clan activity and altogether have more fun, so I was thinking of asking on reddit about how to manage and to improve our little creative community.

But I need a suggestion on the section of reddit where I can ask. AskReddit might work, but maybe there is a more appropriate section.

Sweet

Ask Reddit. But make it more directed towards artistic communities in general, not clans in a game.

Doom

Well, something called me to wanting to join this clan again ( and i'm on sauer every day ) I know i'm not in the clan, but here are some of my ideas for increasing activity in game.

Start a project, maybe just open the project on one day, maybe Saturday, since people are on a lot on Saturdays.
Maybe start inviting people who are good at editing( detailing and layouting ) to apply to MH on the forum.

once again, i'm just giving ideas, i know i'm not in the clan.
To be with one, is to be without.

Sweet

Quote from: Mr.Fixxit694 on June 07, 2012, 01:03:02 AM
um, here is a idea what if we get a tumblr for mapping hell. and the reason why i think we should get one is because tumblr is a great creative community that allow people to share their work with other creative people. so how i thought this could help us as a clan is we would make a tumblr for our clan, our home page would have information about our clan and our members also we could have it linking to our forums so maybe we can get some creative people in our clan, an then we would just starting post screen shots with a description of our members projects. so the over all goal would be to get, feedback on our projects,
get a following, to get our work outside of the cube2 community, and too grow into the art community.

now i don't think we should give every member control over our tumblr page) so how i thought this could work is, we give one or two people the power to post on tumblr as mapping hell then we would make a thread on our forums, so for every member who wanted to post something on our clan tumblr would just post it on the thread and then the tumblr admins would just simply repast it onto tumblr.

Sorry for posting this here since it has nothing to do with reddit.

Normally I don't care much for Tumblr, but I honestly like this idea.

Skur

Me too! :o and im very active x)
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

vampirefrog

Quote from: Mr.Fixxit694 on June 07, 2012, 01:03:02 AM
um, here is a idea what if we get a tumblr for mapping hell. and the reason why i think we should get one is because tumblr is a great creative community that allow people to share their work with other creative people. so how i thought this could help us as a clan is we would make a tumblr for our clan, our home page would have information about our clan and our members also we could have it linking to our forums so maybe we can get some creative people in our clan, an then we would just starting post screen shots with a description of our members projects. so the over all goal would be to get, feedback on our projects,
get a following, to get our work outside of the cube2 community, and too grow into the art community.

now i don't think we should give every member control over our tumblr page) so how i thought this could work is, we give one or two people the power to post on tumblr as mapping hell then we would make a thread on our forums, so for every member who wanted to post something on our clan tumblr would just post it on the thread and then the tumblr admins would just simply repast it onto tumblr.

Sorry for posting this here since it has nothing to do with reddit.

But with the best of content. Stuff that stands out among anything, not just sauer maps. Stuff that looks good to anyone, not just mappers.