YoddleJapMap2

Started by Yoddle, April 08, 2012, 08:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoddle

Second oriental map in progress.
Original is outdated and nooby.

This has more terrain to suit the more Japanese/Chinese country interior. Will have traditional styled housing and gardens, and a small market town in the lower valley. If anyone fancies helping, a house or statue (eg dragon) or street stuff (lamps,benches etc) or shops/buildings would be super, build it in sp and paste it in when im on, just dont do any vcommand stuff till its on the actual map. The more buildings the better :)
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Fairypiss

there the map,

Yoddle

Ahh thanks :) Love the items, they'll help out alot :D Furniture would be good if you could, i would post images but theres so many.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=japanease+villiage&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ktyDT4CsMcK-8APIwOmpBw&biw=1270&bih=578&sei=ldyDT6XdO4f78QOe7Yi3Bw#um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&q=traditional+japanese+furniture&revid=900305601&sa=X&ei=od2DT_7AO9OD8gOsubm3Bw&ved=0CEgQgxY&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=cfc17aec6aa4332c&biw=1270&bih=578

Have a look, build whatever really :) but dont feel obliged to do it :L If you wanna go bigger scale, a small shop (eg grocery shop)  that would be great :)
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Fairypiss

okay i can totally do some kick @ss furniture but can you send me a map with one of your house so i can make it in scale to the map, also i found this great site: http://www.myorientalgarden.com/ take a look at the tea house and see if you want that  because i can easily make it also if you find anything you like from that site tell me and i can make it.

Yoddle

Yeah that looks pretty neat and tidy :D go for it :)I'll upload a map with a house at some point this week

Yoddle

Lastest stuff, including Mr Fixxits food cart, Nenos boat (old version), Supermans Temple (currently being converted to traditional textures) and the temple from the AM clanmap (Stormer may remember it :) )

shuzomi

Wait Yoddle I'm making a better temple :D
We should edit one day on this map :)

SuperMan

Sauce

Wow, I like this oriental stuff a lot. We need a full texture set for this theme eventually, so playable maps can be made in this theme.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Yoddle

Quote from: SuperMan on April 24, 2012, 07:12:24 PM
Wait Yoddle I'm making a better temple :D
We should edit one day on this map :)

Thanks Super :D i finished modifying the other temple and it looks pretty nice :) I'll be online alot more, so tell me when your on and i'll open map up :)
Dont use any custom textures of vcommands on this new temple tho, coz youd have to do it again when youve pasted it :)

Quote from: Sauce on April 24, 2012, 09:09:58 PM
Wow, I like this oriental stuff a lot. We need a full texture set for this theme eventually, so playable maps can be made in this theme.

Thanks sauce :) yeah a map in this style would be awesome :D

Fairypiss

wow nice job, i love the boat

Yoddle

Quote from: Mr.Fixxit694 on April 26, 2012, 08:25:08 PM
wow nice job, i love the boat

Mmm, its alright, Neno did make a better one on the first oriental map, problem is, its too big for the lake :/ i might make a bigger lake come to think of it :)

Yoddle

Gunna have the map open online from 18:00 GMT if anyone wants to help at all that be great :) Literally build whatever (thats oriental), im focusing on the lower village atm, so if you wanna so a shop/house that would help so much. Hope to see some of you there :)

Latest screenies bellow

vampirefrog

Sauce

That's some really cool architecture yoddle.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Fairypiss

i made that tea house for you but i used small cubes for the roof so you might not be able to use it, I'll make a new roof later today or tomorrow.

Yoddle

Yoddle

new

Fairypiss

shuzomi

Hehe I saw my benches from 'waterfalls' I think  ;D

Yoddle

Z3R0N1C

Awesome.!
Would like to help (:

Yoddle

Quote from: Z3R0N1C on May 14, 2012, 01:31:38 PM
Awesome.!
Would like to help (:

one or two of your houses in your layouts map have potential for the oriental map, may i use them? of course credit is going to all who contribute to the project

Z3R0N1C

Of course.. just use em (:

Sauce

Dude, I can put a oriental plkayable map texture pack together! I know exactly what to do and what shaders to use! If you want, I'll do it and we can make a map. Up to you. I got an amazing layout to use. There is even lots of room for your oriental houses. Up to you yoddle.

Yoddle

Sauce thats a great idea :D not with this map currently, but id be more than happy to make a new oriental map with a texture pack :) yeah we can use the houses as well :) i like the idea

Will have to delay tho, coz im gunna be inactive for 6 weeks coz of exams :/

Sauce

That's fine. Just test play genesis for now. Good luck with your exams, we'll work on something after 6 weeks.

Yoddle

Zeros Temples. One of which is now the Olympic Temple :)

* Ignore the repeated symbols on the olympic temple, they were to see how it would look, will be changing them to olympic symbols :) *

Fairypiss

thats pretty cool man, I'm loving the top house design also I'll make you some more kanji characters later

Z3R0N1C

Thanks man, looks good on your map :D

Fairypiss

How do you feel about obj models? I'm having hard time making the kanji small so it would be easier to make them with big cubes an then turn them into obj file, so then we can slime them down to any size we want.

vampirefrog

I can help with the conversion from blender to sauer mapmodels if u want

unixfreak

Not sure if this is any use, but i built a random pagoda thingy last night.
Only an hours work or so, missing details  ::)

If you wanna use it just say and i'll upload the map.

Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Yoddle

Sorry all, not really been on sauer much this summer, but will be back into it now its over. Starting with finishing the japmap.

Quote from: unixfreak on August 27, 2012, 07:12:14 PM
Not sure if this is any use, but i built a random pagoda thingy last night.
Only an hours work or so, missing details  ::)

If you wanna use it just say and i'll upload the map.

I love it! Dont worry bout touching up or anything, but yeah if you could upload it that be great! :) cheers