[Canceled] SlyCOOP's Request Once More (Im Back!)

Started by SlyCOOP, March 11, 2012, 05:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlyCOOP

Sorry guys it took a while but im back and i have a map to present. Not all credits goto me but most the map and the layout does goto me. i had some help with details and a few other things. Please feel free to save the map and do whatever you please with it etc. I look foward to Mh's Answer.

Credits= SlyCOOP,Spud,SkiingPenguins,[MH]Leo
Names are on map in the cavern behind the outhouse.
SlyCOOP

Leo

Ok so first of all, I would just like to say that the lighting in the cavern was a mistake by me (oops) i misstype one of the values ;)
In the map it self I can see the basic curved geometry (showing me that ur above noob level).

The landscape around the area was made with heightmap, this is fine but later on you could start to make your own (remember to use big grid sizes to keep the the polygon count thingy).

In the small house there are small, pretty well detailed weapons, shows potential.  :)

You could make the wood in the wood shed more curved as well as the shed it self.
Also I find it alright to use the map model trees, as makin actual trees are pretty hard to make.

Other than that, post some more maps and see what every1 else has to say.

SlyCOOP

Haha, i kinda hate map models. I find it easier to make them yourself bc map models 1 use clip so u cant manover around them and 2 are laggish.  I know the wood was kinda not curved really... i spent about two seconds making it bc it was just to show that he cut tree's thx for the lighting defect info haha :D i didn't notice that :P and i used heightmap yes. i can make mountains but it takes a great deal of time here and there so thought that would kinda save me time. Thx for the help on the map leo and i will continue to make maps :D i hope that u can join me in making them :)
SlyCOOP

Sauce

To get my vote on this one, you'll have to produce an actual map. Some of the geometry is impressive, but it is also nescessary to be able to put your skills to practical use. I will except some candidates with detail only maps, but if that is the case, it will have to be at a high standard. You showed enough here for the detail test, just make a relativley detailed map with a cool layout. I can give you a hand if you like. I tend to believe the reason to mapping is producing a playable map, and heck, if you do good, your maps can potentially get in the release. You at least have a purpose to your creation. I want to see some actual maps comming out of this clan. I think we should look up to Jake Windecker's Alithia, and aspire to one day reach that level of map editing. I generally work with others, and don't really deserve much of the glory on any of my projects, I just do it for the general contribution. 
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

SlyCOOP

Sauce: Sorry that i cannot produce a "Battlemap" (FFA,TDM) and such. im bad at layout with those and also im horrible with making it "even" i can detail them but the layout part is hard. i work more on funmaps! such as clanmaps, themed maps, race maps, and house maps! I would love ur help with the layout on a FFA map. Just give me times! and also were you live so i can decipher ur times. :anisan: :kirby:
SlyCOOP

Skur

still active and interested in joining us? ;D pls reply if u r otherwise ill lock this topic :S
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein