Can't get frogmod to work, at all

Started by karr0t, February 03, 2012, 05:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karr0t

I have tried the ported version to windows.
i am using a fresh install of saueraten justice, and i have not modified any frogmod config.

My issue is that i simply cannot connect to my server, i have tried "/connect" "connect 10.1.1.69" "/connect localhost"

I have set my PC  a static IP of 10.1.1.69 and my ports are fowarded and working correctly

vampirefrog

looks like it connects to irc fine

Why did you set up an atypical local IP? 127.0.0.1 should be fine. There is also a command to specify the IP to bind to, try adding serverip 10.1.1.69 to your server-init.cfg and see if that helps.

karr0t

Still cannot connect to the server. i keep getting "could not connect to server"
Could you please connect to me over teamviewer?
i have tried everything

vampirefrog

I think you're using a really old version of frogmod. There was a binary compiled by jonlimle, I'm not sure what you're using there. I just recommend using the linux version.

karr0t

i am using jhonlimes ported frogmod, i couldn't get it to work on linux either

on linux i keep getting "undefined reference to `clock_gettime'" when building it

Pupskuchen

Well, I compiled a later version for windows some time ago, there are only 1-2 updates missing (i think)

vampirefrog

karr0t

could someone please explain how to apply the -lrt fix?

Here is the output when i type Make:

karr0t@Ubuntu-VPC:/home/frogmod-justice$ sudo make
Linking frogserv
g++  /home/frogmod-justice/shared/frogserv_crypto_cpp.o /home/frogmod-justice/shared/frogserv_stream_cpp.o /home/frogmod-justice/shared/frogserv_tools_cpp.o /home/frogmod-justice/shared/frogserv_evirc_cpp.o /home/frogmod-justice/engine/frogserv_command_cpp.o /home/frogmod-justice/engine/frogserv_server_cpp.o /home/frogmod-justice/fpsgame/frogserv_server_cpp.o -lrt -lGeoIP enet/.libs/libenet.a libevent2/.libs/libevent.a -g -lz -lresolv -o frogserv
libevent2/.libs/libevent.a(event.o): In function `gettime':
/home/frogmod-justice/libevent2/event.c:352: undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
libevent2/.libs/libevent.a(event.o): In function `detect_monotonic':
/home/frogmod-justice/libevent2/event.c:326: undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Linking failed for frogserv
make: *** [frogserv] Error 1
karr0t@Ubuntu-VPC:/home/frogmod-justice$

EDIT: Uploaded my Makefile

Pupskuchen

Did you read the wiki installation pages on github?
(Why do you run make with sudo?)

karr0t

sudo makes me feel powerful.

i just tried to redownload the git, and 'make' again, here is the output:

http://pastebin.com/YPKYHz8v

also i didn't even use sudo that time

Pupskuchen

Did you read the wiki & followed the steps there?

vampirefrog