Chris's Infinite Wisdom

Started by Sweet, February 02, 2012, 09:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet

This was posted in the Cubic Matter forums, by Chris_0076. It's entirely true. All of it. I'm not even denying the parts about me. It's the truest thing ever. (Red Text is Commentary from me)

"I am not the best editor in the world, nor do I clam to be anywhere near the best. I am not the most logical or level headed person around, but I make some attempts at it. All that being said...
EDIT: also, I don't have a degree in sociology.

Cooper:
You are a hot headed close minded moron. You pick fights that are a waste of time and are not worth the effort in hopes of everyone being just as "open-minded" as you are. Your idea of open-minded is following the exact idea of something that you have in your head. I won't stray off-topic very far with this but this is one of MANY cases where you go off on someone else just because you don't like the way they think. Sure, debate and discussion is fine, but you go out of your way to outright attack people. You seem to think you are on a mission from (not) God to come save all of the ignorant morons in the world. I appreciate this. I hope Cooper doesn't hate you for saying this.

[Apollo]/Windecker:
I don't know you that well, so I'll keep this short. In attempt of being fair at removing low quality maps, I think these are not needed on quad anymore.
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3275
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3272
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3233
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3232
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3119
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3040
You're welcome.

My guess is that those nodes weren't receiving flame comments, whereas the one that Calinou posted was.

Sweet:
Your[sic] not funny. Yes, it is so possessive that it is a function of your being.

While humor is another thing in the eye of the beholder, I see your point. My argument is the same every time, and I am never truly serious about things. I'll work on that. I'll also stop posting troll comments on your forums.

Buzz words for this post are(as defined by Google for your convenience):
open-minded: adj - ready to entertain new ideas
scarcasm: n - The use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
culture: n - The arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.
innovation: n - A new method, idea, product, etc
decapitation: v - execution by cutting off the victim's head
denigrate: v - Criticize unfairly; disparage
berate: v - Scold or criticize (someone) angrily
invigorate: v - Give strength or energy to.
resuscitate: v - Make (something such as an idea or enterprise) active or vigorous again.
encapsulate: v - Enclose (something) in or as if in a capsule.
dally: v - Act or move slowly
decrement: v - Cause a discrete reduction
dumbfounded: v - Greatly astonish or amaze
denizens: n - An inhabitant or occupant of a particular place.
dismal: adj - Depressing; dreary.
dispense: v -Distribute or provide (a service or information) to a number of people.
detestation: n - Intense dislike.

Hehehehe. Buzzwords covers a broad spectrum of words, I may not be using it properly.

Calinou:
You should have known better than posting a map that looked like that unless you were making an attempt to mimic this node: http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3266 I mean really I don't know what you were thinking with that, you have been in the community long enough to know what the response would have been.

cm:
Get off your high horse. I mean really. This was not an attack on cm, if anything like what skiingpenguins, you should be ashamed that such a map was even posted (given that it was not in the context of the prior premise). There is no reason to defend such a map as being "oh X person/community/alien hates cm!!!" Yes, other people in the community are nasty and uncivilized baboons with an affinity for "butt ranging", but there is no reason to encapsulate your self in a sea of whining about how everyone hates cm and how every single thing in the sauerbraten community is about you... it really isn't. I know this is something hard to understand, but this forum is not the center of the universe. Quadropolis was made to critique maps, mods, etc (albeit as smooth as sliding down a hill made of razor blades).

Lol'd at 'butt ranging'

MH:
I make attempts at amends with ya'll, and what do I get in return? HARHAR LULZ I TROLOLOL YOU SO HARD. Now, I am not saying this to all of you, many of you are quite nice people, but the 1% of you run the lives of the other 99%.

It's not MH. It's me. And sometimes Zoo. Aaaaand sometimes people who want to get into MH. I apologize for putting a bad viewpoint of MH in your minds.

Quadropolis/Sauerbraten Community:
I will say what I said in the other thread:
" On a less direct note, this is part of the reason why there are no new people in sauer, there is so much of a dichotomy between people that have played sauerbeaten[sic] (sometimes for 5+ years) and new people. This breeds a nasty mess of scarcasm (which is fine between the older people) and general unhelpfulness because everyone expects that everyone else has been playing as long as they have. Really, it has turned into the culture; no reason kicking, unhelpful people in irc, complaining about the littlest things. I mean really, when the culture is set, there is no going back. It is like the monkey experment:

http://cubicmatter.net/forums/download/file.php?id=1022" (Link is member-access only)

To expand on that, the community as a whole is terrible, myself included. We strive not for not innovation, but rather decapitation in attempts to procure a sense of superiority to the noob majority. We find it all to easy to denigrate and berate rather than invigorate and resuscitate. We don't dally to decrement the dumbfounded denizens of the dismal community because it is our duty to dispense detestation that was dumped on us.

We're all guilty of this.

Chris:
You need to stop it with all of the personal attacks dealing with matters that don't even affect you. You don't even map anymore you just seem to be a mass that hangs onto sauerbraten to further waste other people's time. And speaking of wasting time, you wasted all that time to attempt to convert others to your otherwise condescending views. Really, no one cares. Even you should know that people don't change. All the points you make are just repetition and are, honestly, among the worst pieces of trash I have ever seen. You spend all this time writing and to that I say:

Before you say it, you hit the nail right on the head. Hope you know how right you are.

Really, go die in a hole.

TL;TR
Grow up. No, really, take a step back from the computer and go grab you a heaping pile of fruits and veggies and pig out.

Chris
"

vampirefrog

Apollo

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Zoocata

+1

um, what the hell did I do sweet?
"Sometimes Zoo"

Apollo

Chris's reply is perfect.

Now, I hope everybody can DROP IT and stop kicking each other in the teeth.

I am growing tired of it.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sauce

I agree. Sweet you have invested so much time and thought in to this whole drama thing between MH and CM, that you could of completed a nice playable map by now. I just wish both clans would be more efficient at mapping, rather then bitching. I still like a lot of the CM members and have nothing against any of them. There is no need to try and make others hate them and to constantly make little jabs here and there against them, everytime you see an opening. We just need to map and be friends, that's all.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.