Dear Cooper.

Started by Apollo, February 02, 2012, 03:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

Cooper. I know you will read this.   :)

Grow up.

Now, I'm sure you will understand that maps will be removed if they are not of adequate quality to be displayed on the website. We used to have a very nice system on Quad where maps would be flagged for various issues. We could flag for Screenshot problems, General Quality, Incorrect packaging, Lighting issues, and some other things that I cannot bring myself to recall. These flags were removed because people like you cannot refrain from bitching about them.

I should note that the standard for 'Adequate quality' is not very high at all, and is in fact no more than the discretion of the Moderators who view the node. It was only a matter of time before somebody took it down, if not Calinou himself.
A map of such quality does no more but spark argument and waste server space and bandwidth. Would you really play it?
I never got a response from YOU on what YOU thought about the map, and you've neglected from saying anything of the like in your forum post.

Regardless, it seems to me that you view everything as a personal attack. Go right ahead and look at things as you please, it does not concern me. The removal of the node was not intended as any personal attack or attack on your beloved CM clan, it was just me doing my job as a moderator. The fact that I am part of MH has no part in this, and I truly couldn't care less about who made the map. If it is good, then it's good. If it isn't, then it isn't; it is that simple. Take your CM Valley map; do I dislike it based on who made it? No. It is an excellent map. The fact that you choose to associate the MH tag with the deletion of the node is no more than you trying to justify something that plays no part.

The only reason I can picture keeping it is for a laugh or two from the comments.

Feel free to quote this directly on your forum and try to twist my words into something to make you feel better.

I hope this clears things up.

Sincerely, Jake.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sweet

Dear Cooper:

Grow up.

Yes, the things I say, as opposed to Windecker, are actually personal attacks. Yes, I was rejected from Cubic Matter. That was almost a year ago. Since then, I've improved as an editor much more than you have ever given me credit.

So why do I say the things I say about Cubic Matter? I do direct them towards Cubic Matter, this is true. But I tend to view your clan as a map-making circle-jerk of you and SirAlex. You guys are good editors, great editors, in fact. cmvalley is astounding. Why do I insult Cubic Matter? I don't know. I really mean to bother you, Cooper.

This sounds bad, but my reasoning, in my opinion, is sound.

Your attitude in Sauerbraten has continually been one of an art critic. Yes, you are a good editor. But your criticism leaves me dumbfounded, and buried in a sea of generic comments and big words. Sauerbraten is a game, a shooting game at that. It's entirely understandable to make something beautiful in in. That's not the issue. The issue is that you seem to believe that beauty is only measured by what you think it is, and anybody who doesn't conform to that is wrong. Sure. You'll say I'm still stinging from being rejected from Cubic Matter. That's probably at least a little bit true. But I don't think it's right, the way you treat newer editors. It's like Suicizer, who you've also criticized, but almost in a worse way. Where Suicizer has a viewpoint that is shared and tends to have factual basis, yours tends to emanate from your 'soul', or your 'heart', or wherever the art comes from.

I am not an artist. I am an editor. And I am the 99%.

Sincerely, Sweet

Doom

Hmm, why is cooper such an ass? hes only ruining his clan's reputation.
To be with one, is to be without.

Boognish

personally i dont see what all the fuss is about...

hmm... i think the map has a lot of potential hmm, all it needs is a little more flow. A little more beauty would be nice, also. the textures need to fit its atmosphere a little more. hmm yes

Apollo

21?

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Zoocata

Cooper. don't get me wrong here. You are a great editor, and you have an amazing eye for beauty. The thing is is that you can't expect everyone to be as good as you are. Just because they don't know how to make a perfect spiral, or a perfect circle doesn't mean they aren't good editors. As I am a lover, not a fighter, this is all I have to say.

-Zoocata

Apollo

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Apollo on February 02, 2012, 03:15:41 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That it is.

Cooper,

I may not know you, or vice versa, but from the sounds of it; you sound like a 'Nazi' or 'stickler' for maps.
In a way, you share the same aspect as Sparky, because (s)he [idk his/her gender] got on to Leo about overusin' vscroll. I admire that people say you're a fantastic editor, but holding people or 'flagging' their work, because it is not to your standard of beauty is annoying. Im not trying to rag onto cm, because I have no loyalties to any clan, but in all my wisdom (very little) you just act like it's got to be your way, or not at all.

~Fawlkire
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Met up with Cooper today. Questioned, but he didn't answer adequately. (No offense Coop)
Meowy Chwysmiss