[Canceled]Garm Kralljj requesting entry, once more.

Started by Lazy Kat, January 25, 2012, 07:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy Kat

Name: Sean Palmer
Alias (main): Garm Kralljj, or Fawlkire

In Game:

How long have you been playing?
Idk, maybe since Justice edit was out
What are your favorite game modes?
Frankly, I'm hooked with insta ctf
When are you usually online?
Some weeks, not all. I will be on alot during those weeks though. (Weekdays from 4:00pm to 10:00 pm)
What will you bring to the team?
A pair of white mice, a towel, and a friend from a lonesome planet located near Beetulguess.
Naw, I'll bring wit' me some cool ideas, but mostly anger... :/

Editing

What do you like to do in coop?
Come up with some ways to be crazy with some maps. It brings me pleasure to know I've done a "jim-dandy job" ~To Kill a Mockingbird
How many projects?
Only 4 for the application, otherwise it's beyond count.
Maps finished?
I have made 3 fully complete maps, two of which are duel-maps. (Tried using Quad, but failed)
Favorite type of map?
I like to do grayscale projects, because they have a free range as far as details go. Otherwise, I'm a fan of Brian(german)'s LITTLE-RACE maps.

Other

Anything else, that you would like to add?
Yes. My idea for a series of Skype vids (posted to Youtube), that might help advertise Sauer.

Better: I ACTUALLY HAVE A MAP TO POST!
(Sorry, if I may have stolen the mapname. I didnt know if there was another map with that name)
Meowy Chwysmiss

Yoddle

The map is lacking not just geometry and skill, but energy :L Its very dull, and half the lights dont even work on the map. Want my vote i suggest you detail it up, or at least add more interesting textures and features.

Y.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Sweet

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 25, 2012, 07:46:30 AM
Oh, and lets try NOT to down cm for it's ways.

Not really sure you need to put that in your application, but whatever. Anyways, I'm on the same page with Yoddle about the detailing. Detailing can't only be texture variations, you'll need geometry, like struts, or wall decorations, things like that. The map idea has also been worn out, I hate to tell you, and the textures you are using don't work well together.

Lazy Kat

Very Well, Changes will be made. I will have updates soon.

By the way, Im just using grayscale for transition to diff textures....
Meowy Chwysmiss

MajorReign

So ehhm
Same as Yoodle and sweet said already. If there were at least a few details.
I don't like the map either sorry.

My vote is No right now

Lazy Kat

Well, I decided to scrap editations. Im gunna keep the map as is, but Ill make a diff map for better app I hope :L
(map Layout is good, details are bad. Textures suck, but overall it is a nice map to use for say effic)
Meowy Chwysmiss

Sauce

Just make a well functioning playable map that embraces simplicity.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Apollo

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Zoocata

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2012, 03:01:14 AM
No.

Impress me.

Will do :D
I am also going to re-texture Acyllic, and keep some details (not lighting)
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Sauce on January 26, 2012, 02:23:19 AM
Just make a well functioning playable map that embraces simplicity.
Ill do that for layout (w/ textures)
I might even finish up Indigo, and submit that in :P
Meowy Chwysmiss

Fairypiss

I'll just wait for your next map before i vote,

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Mr.Fixxit694 on January 26, 2012, 04:44:57 PM
I thought you were only here to share ideas with the clan.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Hey guys,

I got a layout for a purely aestetic artistic map, mind giving me some feedback about how it looks (other than textures and small details?
Meowy Chwysmiss

Skur

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 26, 2012, 02:00:02 AM
Well, I decided to scrap editations. Im gunna keep the map as is, but Ill make a diff map for better app I hope :L
(map Layout is good, details are bad. Textures suck, but overall it is a nice map to use for say effic)
why do you post it if it doesnt represent your skill?

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 26, 2012, 03:36:48 AM
dude, finish ur maps before you apply!

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 27, 2012, 02:24:07 AM
Hey guys,

I got a layout for a purely aestetic artistic map, mind giving me some feedback about how it looks (other than textures and small details?

post that in the "maps" section.

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 27, 2012, 01:52:31 AM

lolwut!? O_o
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Lazy Kat

Quote from: p1nokjo on January 27, 2012, 02:35:49 PM
Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 26, 2012, 02:00:02 AM
First of all, it's a pretty good layouted map + it has the ability to be used as a duel map, no matter how crappy it looks. Second, I thought that this would get me in with layout alone, sooooo yeah.....

why do you post it if it doesnt represent your skill?

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 26, 2012, 03:36:48 AM
dude, finish ur maps before you apply!

p1, that was a map I tried making before the application, only as a designing test map.

Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 27, 2012, 02:24:07 AM
Hey guys,

post that in the "maps" section.

No p1, I want to make this map FOR my application, I need help telling whether it looks good as is, before I go onto details. I have textures, but I AM going to change them.
Quote from: Garm_Kralljj on January 27, 2012, 01:52:31 AM

lolwut!? O_o

That was askin' Mr.Fixx, if he was in MH. I thought he was just here to show off his maps.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Sweet

By the abnormal amount of time you spend on the forums, you'd think you would know that he has been a member for awhile.

Zoocata

Yeah, its kind of becoming an addiction.
He's voting on applications with the message "if I was in the clan, I'd vote:". He's acting like he's in the clan, but he can't wear the tag.
It is becoming a nuisance .

Fairypiss

hmmm i don't know why you would think that but anyways......

i didn't care so much for Acryllic, so I'll wait for you to finish Millenius or make a new map before i vote.

Apollo

Quote from: Zoocata on January 27, 2012, 03:44:11 PM
He's voting on applications with the message "if I was in the clan, I'd vote:". He's acting like he's in the clan, but he can't wear the tag.

I second this. It can confuse applicants, and it is quite irritating in my opinion. Besides this, telling us what you 'Would vote' does not count as a vote, and as thus serves no purpose.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Lazy Kat

Hey guys, some updates to Indigo. Screenies + map (w/ few details, no lighting) I'd like some feedback. Yoddly, I decided it'll be what you suggested on the outside ;P

+ PREVIEW INTO A MAP PROJECT THAT I NEED FEEDBACK ON! (LAYOUT FEEDBACK!)
Meowy Chwysmiss

Skur

errr.. Impulsive is just a random hole lol :P and Idingo is fine, it looks kinda boring at the moment, but as u said its just a layout yet :) its since to see more ppl makin playable maps now :D

ps: and pls post layouts & concepts like that in the maps section, thats where u'll get a proper feedback, in an application we dont want to see halfway done layouts =D (you can add them to ur application when the map is done)

-p1nok
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Lazy Kat

Quote from: p1nokjo on February 07, 2012, 05:14:52 PM
errr.. Impulsive is just a random hole lol :P and Idingo is fine, it looks kinda boring at the moment, but as u said its just a layout yet :) its since to see more ppl makin playable maps now :D

ps: and pls post layouts & concepts like that in the maps section, thats where u'll get a proper feedback, in an application we dont want to see halfway done layouts =D (you can add them to ur application when the map is done)

-p1nok

Anyways, thanks P1!
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Apollo on January 29, 2012, 12:01:08 AM
Quote from: Zoocata on January 27, 2012, 03:44:11 PM

I second this. It can confuse applicants, and it is quite irritating in my opinion. Besides this, telling us what you 'Would vote' does not count as a vote, and as thus serves no purpose.

Then call me a blundering idiot, and yes Im sorry for doing this. (Now I am.) Well, Ill get some map(s) up soon.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Sweet

Doom

hmm, work more on the grayscale map, add some more into it. its horrible no offence. But you're such a great editor though.
To be with one, is to be without.

Apollo

Lazy Kat

I feel this is getting nowhere....
Ill make a side-map, while finishing up Indigo
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

*sigh* I think I am running into the same problem NoobGuy had when he applied. Im not spending enough time on Sauer to spit on anymore, and therefore cannot finish any maps.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Well until I get back on Sauer, get some help, and some nice maps Im through with MH.
Meowy Chwysmiss