kmap2 Sauerbaten Remake

Started by Sauce, January 20, 2012, 01:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauce

This was a map I used to practice my detailling. I just converted kmap2 from Cube 1 and enlarged it by one grid size. I did this because one, all the Cube maps are too narrow and you hit your head all over the place and two, they're not all in grid. Then I changed the theme completely and detailed it with the help of others. It's not completely done, but it's close. This map was one of my favourite Cube 1 maps back in the day. Hopefully it can be improved enough to replace kmap5 in the release, because kmap5 is made like a Cube 1 one, there for it's all too cramped. I like the nostalgic feel of this map. I am not the greatest at lighting, but I was going for a slightly more bright looking map. 
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Lazy Kat

Yes, that map did turn out awesome with the details it got!
Meowy Chwysmiss

unixfreak

I love this map, and i love the theme.

Has to be the most complete texture set within sauerbraten. Reminds me of a larger fanatic_quake (one of my fav maps).
By the way sauce, don't know what happened earlier but my router started playing up and i lagged out / disconencted after 10minutes of talking to myself, thoguht you were afk. Seems my internet screwed up again lol.
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Leo

forget to mention other peoples contribution? =\
LR7 (I don't exactly know what he did)
Me - some terrain work, and help with the lights.
And a tad bit from Zeronic and Sparky

That wasn't to hard was it  :P

Lazy Kat

Meowy Chwysmiss

Sauce

I mentioned you in the map title Leo. Forgot Garm. Everything LR7 did got replaced. It's all in the map title. Will say next time in post as well.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Zoocata

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Sweet

Really like it, and frankly, I really like the Gibbie texture set. I see a bit of texturing errors, nothing consequential. Well done!

Skur

wow O_o its awesome ! =D i would just lower the ambient a bit and btw i started a map with giebbie texpack the day before yesterday, too.. lol
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Sauce

Nice buddy. The lighting works differently with those textures eh? I found the lights are less bright with them. I might go on tonight and maybe tommorow, really busy now of days, lots of studying to do. Though I'd like to see some of you guys on Sauer again, it's pretty much the only game I ever play, when I do play games, heh.

LR7

I remember making this map. and Leo I did the extra detailing and added volume with one of the textures.
Truth seeker, Explorer, Inventor, Artist, & Warrior facing challenges known in existence.

This is Landriders7th