Lord of the rings Minas Tirith

Started by MajorReign, January 10, 2012, 04:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorReign

hello.
sorry mates that i didnt play so often sauer in the last month.
so i want to start a new project. i think it would take a few weeks or longer.

I think you all know the movie "Lord of the Rings". Even if you dont like the movie pls help me with this mega project. I want to build Minas Tirith. Its an epic city from the humans (I think).

People that want to help pls contact me.

sooo heres a pic

Zoocata

Holy fuck, hopefully this is going to be a miniature project @_____@

anyway, I'd like to help. I'm online Saturdays too XD

MajorReign

:D i thought to make it minature first and copy it bigger after that :D as i sad a loooong project

Fairypiss

MajorReign

yay :D sooo.
@ zoo I just want to build something like that epic, bcs if you look at minecraft. There are so many epic giant builts, so i wanted to make something like that for sauer xD

Fairypiss

yeah i know what you mean. just tell me when and where And I'll jump on

MajorReign

jo.
i already made a little miniature of it.
i think we can wok on it satrday :D. i think 5 pm gmt +1 german time. this time my internet will be good bcs im working in the livingroom xD

vampirefrog

I think someone else also started a minas tirith thread.

MajorReign

vampirefrog

not sure, searching the forum doesn't show anything either. might have been an IM conversation or IRC, i dunno, but I saw both of those images a while back. Good luck!

MajorReign

just wanted to make something new. Like epic huge towns villages :)

Zoocata

Apollo

I'd started a thread on this a time ago, if I recall correctly. It's been on my list of things for a while.

I'm going to do it in UDK instead though.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

It's cool, you can just make the closest cube2 equivalent, or inspired structure, cause you'll surely have some trouble with all that roundness.

MajorReign

Zoocata

Unreal Development Kit. It's like free SourceSDK.

Fairypiss

hmm 5 pm gmt might be little hard for me to do, if anything you can tell me the scale of the castle an i can start working the buildings or smaller ports, we can also post the map file here an just keep updating it each time we change something in the map. i also i think we should create a reference folder, so we can work from the same Images and other things it might help us communicate better on things/ just a idea

SkyLaX

http://www.quadropolis.us/node/1897
A french mapper started something long time ago, it was based on Minas Tirith, but because he didn't know well Sauerbraten he gave up creating Minas Tirith and named his map "Yop".
Though, if I remember well there were some good idea. But actually not looking at all like Minas Tirith.
Regards,
Skilax the mean Administrator.

Apollo

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Apollo

This was not easy to come by. It took me three days to get the files I needed and several hours of hair pulling and yelling at my computer to extract what I wanted... but I give you...

Minas Tirith.

It's all there, externally. Detail wise, the top is detailed and the lower layers are just roughly laid out, but it would make a great reference either way.
Everything is there except the lowest layer. ( The outermost wall. ) I get that added in tomorrow. 

Now stare at what I have acquired and drool over it.

Apollo

I've added the bottom *TWO* layers. I thought there was only one, I was wrong... corrected, anyways.

:)

Apollo

Time to call er a night.

MajorReign

Zoocata

use that as a map model. build on the mapmodel lololol

Apollo

Quote from: Zoocata on January 16, 2012, 08:17:22 PM
use that as a map model. build on the mapmodel lololol

I just had a, "No shit," moment. :D

That is the plan.

Apollo

I broke the model into 17 segments of between 17,000 and 55,000 polys each.
I imported them all into UDK and assembled.
Doing a calc using lightmass now. :D

I should note that my model is very slightly skewed... it was ripped from VRAM and was twisted as fuck. I managed to get it FAIRLY straight, manually, but the cost of perfection is high.

Sauce

It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Skur

dunno if anyone is still working on this but.. i found something pretty useful:

in full size: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/78/Minas-Tirith-Rama-c.svg?uselang=es
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Zoocata

Quote from: p1nokjo on July 06, 2012, 04:22:45 PM
dunno if anyone is still working on this but.. i found something pretty useful:

in full size: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/78/Minas-Tirith-Rama-c.svg?uselang=es

Dude you're a saint. Though I'm not in the clan anymore, I'm still working on this map. Thanks for the post!!!

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

MajorReign

Zoo could you show me the map , want to see how it looks now ? :D