I want a server...

Started by DOBK, May 30, 2009, 07:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOBK

what is the best site for renting gameservers, i am thinking i might want my own server.
how are [HELL]'s servers hosted?
can someone host a server for me, i can just mail u money ?
with someone has any info on htis topic, or just wants to pay me out for making such a retarted topic, please reply :)
Once upon a time there lived a NOOB.......................So i killed it ;)

Sushi

dude u can make ur own friggin server without any cost (i think)
Hmm.. I guess I might make something new for this… someday...

SkyLaX

It's quite true :
Server are hosted on the computer we use. (Linux only).
We use Frogmod (written by Vampi), you can download it with svn @ :
http://frogmod.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
You have to compile it yourself (under Linux) and then run the "frogserv".
Regards,
Skilax the mean Administrator.

DOBK

yeah but i want a permanent 24/7 server and i dont keep my internet running all the time so when i disconnect from the internet the server dies :(

Apollo

You'd have to figure that one out. Atm i can only run one server, but this week I'll have my permanent server system. So I May be able to run another one on the machine I'm currently running my server on ( as it will become secondary )

Though the reason for the switch is that the current server machine Is a tablet PC I bough for handwriting notes at school, therefor I'd like to free it up.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

DOBK

fair enough, but why are all [HELL] servers dying, now i cant see one on the list even after i clicked refresh ?

Apollo

PROBABLY because mine is being switched to another box, and vampi's is under maintainence ( I think )  It's not easy to keep em up 24/7, at least in my case.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

DOBK

SkyLaX

And mine is in my parents bedroom, atm in France it's very sunny and temperature often go over 35° in the server's room...
That's why I can't keep it up always...
Regards,
Skilax the mean Administrator.

DOBK

well mine is still a failed attempt at having something i like, i think i may be able to get $10 a month for a dedicated gaming server which seems fair cause i earn a lot more then that at macdonalds LOL XD

vampirefrog

Yes, it's possible to rent a server. You'll have to google to find some good hosts. Geographic location also matters (good ping depends on it). We're from all over. Me and Skylax from europe, Jake and Cate from Canada and US.

Apollo

I server in mid Atlantic sounds most logical for the well being of everybody, lol. =)

DOBK

well mabey an aussie server as i dont believe there are many if there are any, im gonna start finding a nice friendly host who is willing to believe that im jesus, and with he doesnt give me a server, i will make him suffer.