Siralex and Cooper Leave Sauer

Started by Sweet, January 11, 2012, 03:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet

Honestly, I'll miss them. They're both good editors, and frankly, made up Cubic Matter, in my opinion.

http://cubicmatter.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=507

vampirefrog

MajorReign

Sauce

The game isn't dead yet. It's a defeatist attitude like that which will kill the game indefinitely. We keep it alive. Plus when the new release comes out, there will be a boost of players. It's sad to see two good editors leave, regardless of the drama attached to their names.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

vampirefrog

My opinion is - sauer lives or dies, we're not responsible for it. What we're responsible for is keeping mapping as a creative outlet. That means we can use other engines too. We're a mapping clan, not a sauer keep-alive clan. We can easily expand.

We can also find existing mapping communities to get inspired on how to develop our own personalized community.

vampirefrog

Sweet

Agh yes Vampi portal 2! But is Hammer free?

vampirefrog

Quote from: Sweet on January 13, 2012, 11:53:25 PM
Agh yes Vampi portal 2! But is Hammer free?
I think you have to buy at least HL2:ep1, that's what I did. But I was thinking rather of Xonotic, which is entirely free. The portal thing was just an example of an active mapping community - it keeps active by catering to a popular game. That way you get more users. More fun!