[Accepted] Sauce - Application

Started by Sauce, December 14, 2011, 01:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauce

Sauce

Name : Patrick
Alias : Sauce

In Game
How long have you been playing ? I got one of the first Cube 1 releases, back when the start up map was Nudist.

How did you discover the game ? I think I found it looking threw the old game site, www.gamehippo.com
I've been playing sauerbraten on and off since the early 2000's, so I'd say I'm one of the oldest players really. I didn't play it consistently all these years, but I played this game nearly 10 years ago. I came back to it from curiosity. I took a long break between 2008 and 2010. 

What are your favorite game modes (except coopedit)? I like mostly all of them, but my favourite modes are as follows

Insta - Classic, I remember rocking this shit on kmap2 and zippie, we used love that back in the Cube 1 days, not to mention back in the Quake 3 days.

Insta Team - Team version, always good.

FFA - Classic, grab the weapons and fight. Everything is balanced nice and works well.

Team - Team version is always good

Capture - I like making maps for Capture, because it lets me make maps big. Also I hate spawning with pistol, so that's why I'm not into Regen as much.

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? I like to make layouts and help others improve their layouts.

How many mapping projects did you start? Too many, way too many :D

How many maps have you finished? I finnished one map, that was uploaded in 2007 on quadropolis. It's very Cube 1ish and not the greatest, but it's my first Sauerbraten map.

Link: http://www.quadropolis.us/node/589

What is your favourite kind of map ? My favourite kind of map, is a medium large dm map.

Other

Do you want to add something else ? Hell ya, I just wanted to add, that I am awesome with chicken wings!

It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Zoocata

I vote yes, not only because I like you, but you're a great editor, and you are very fun to be around :)

Sweet

Apollo

You are our layout man, and you have a good personality, and perhaps ADD. You change topic a lot.  ;D
Do you like rocks? I like rocks. Hey look a fly. I'm hungry. hi. :)

I also believe you have lots-a potential and you can become a detailing master by hanging with us 'doods'

I vote,  'Click this link'

Ita vero.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sauce

You linked me to a list of all the languages Apollo, I'm not sure why, heh. Ya, I probably do have ADD, I tend to go all over the place, I've always been like that, oh well, keeps it interesting, or frustrating, either one will do. Also, I promise to be nicer to Sweet :D
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, and hopefully the almighty frog man will let me join.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

vampirefrog

Moar votes for Sauce everypony!

Zoocata

Fairypiss

yeah i like the idea of the map, i would prefer a new map instead of a old one but my vote is: >-YES-<

vampirefrog

Quote from: Achilles on December 14, 2011, 06:05:35 PM
Wait what???? Vampis a brony? :D
naw derp sorry *cough* i meant everymapper

Zoocata

Sweet

Zoocata

Haters gonna hate.

Pupskuchen

Apollo

Quote from: Pupskuchen on December 15, 2011, 12:11:59 AM
Vote:

No * (-1)

We don't know how to interpret that, as No is not a number.

Though, if No counted as a -1 and a Yes as a 1... then we'd come out with a 1...

So is it a yes?

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Pupskuchen

Quote from: Apollo on December 15, 2011, 12:25:19 AM
Quote from: Pupskuchen on December 15, 2011, 12:11:59 AM
Vote:

No * (-1)

We don't know how to interpret that, as No is not a number.

Though, if No counted as a -1 and a Yes as a 1... then we'd come out with a 1...

So is it a yes?
lol. yes.

unixfreak

yes
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Leo

Hmmmm, I don't know you that well, but it seems your a nice guy!

Can u upload something more recent?

Leo

I don't mind if it's is not complete

vampirefrog

Quote from: Leo on December 15, 2011, 10:34:33 AM
I don't mind if it's is not complete
GUISE? ANYTHING AT ALL? PLS UPLOADDDDDD

Yoddle

Layout God :)
I've seen alot of your maps, so i dont need to see anymore to make a decision

My vote is Yes
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Sauce

Well all my maps other then that one, where with partners, so I guess it would be hard to tell what I did comparatively to what the other person did, just by looking at it. Though, I was in the quadropolis mapping comp with Apollo.  I don't want to show one of our maps on here without his permission. Other then that, they're all made with others. I only have one completed map that I made solo and that's odejoy.  In most of the projects, I made a layout, with no detail, had a few examples and a suggested theme, and the other person detailed it. I did a few details in some of  the map projects I was involved in and on other people's maps as well, but I never really do the bulk of the work in that regards. My first map odejoy I made by myself, but obviously the details aren't the greatest, though it shows I have some aptitude.  I'm certainly willing to learn and gain more skills.

PS: Thanks a lot Yoddle.

Leo

After that coop edit session, you are a nice guy and a pretty talented in editing sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

YES

Boognish

Hawk_eye

Sweet

p1nokjo : √
    Mr.Fixxit694: √
    Windecker: √
    Sweet: √
    Leo: √
    Unixfreak: √
    Boognish: √
    Hawk_eye: √
    Zoocata: √
    Stormer:
    Yoddle: √

Zoocata

Stormer is inactive most of the time, and rarely  plays. I think this is good enough.

Skur

Quote from: Sweet on December 18, 2011, 03:02:45 AM
    p1nokjo : √
    Mr.Fixxit694: √
    Windecker: √
    Sweet: √
    Leo: √
    Unixfreak: √
    Boognish: √
    Hawk_eye: √
    Zoocata: √
    Stormer:
    Yoddle: √

wtf!? i didnt vote yet! (sorry i havent had time to look at the maps by now, i'll vote as soon as i can)
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Sweet

Whoops, I keep forgetting about P1nokjo =P

Sauce

Well you wanted to see something that had some details made by me.  Well not all the details in this are mine, but I textured the majority of the map, did geo, terrain, lighting, pickups, spawns, waypoints, alpha, skybox and vcommands. HeWho did all the more complex stuff and Zoocata did his fair share as well. This was an awesome little speed map project and was only made yesterday, so how bad ass is  that! I got some maps that still aren't done from a year ago, so that's a crazy feeling for me. I think it could be revisted and improved, but I wanted to keep it as is for now, because it is a speedmap. I hope you all enjoy it and appreciate the effort I put into it. I spent over 5 hours working on it.

http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3260

Yoddle

*cough* ahem *cough*

i believe i made a command contribution ;)
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Zoocata

Welcome to the cl-
i was about to finish that sentence, then I remembered stormer :L

do it faggot

Sauce

Yes, Yoddle, thanks. Turned out I wanted to increase the number of ambient, not decrease it. The shadows looks bad in the map because of all the alpha glass. You get a really odd effect when you lower it, but when you increase it, it shows just enough, but not too much to reveal the shadows looking strange. I appreciate the advice. I didn't really do that great of a job on this project by the seems of it, I hope I do better next time. I'll be persistent though, I plan to learn from my mistakes and make something good.

MajorReign

Zoocata

Welcome to the clan! You may now wear the [MH] tag! Remember, we fuck sweet in the ass every other Wednesday! (Per his request)