Previous topic - Next topic

MasterTechCC

Name : Caleb
Alias : MasterTechCC

In Game
How long have you been playing?
I've been playing for about 5 years, I've played since spring of '07

How did you discover the game?
I discovered it while looking for free downloadable games one day and thought it seemed cool

What are your favorite game modes (except coopedit)? Why?
Regen capture and insta ctf because I ALWAYS make a HUGE comeback when I join

When are you usually online?
Usually during the weekends when school is in (not in the early morning), otherwise most of the time when not playing xbox

Why Mapping Hell?
1: Vampi wanted me to join, 2: A lot of my friends are in it, 3: The clan is legit, 4: Why the hell not? I'm a pro

What will you bring to the team?
Happiness, A positive attitude, New ideas and styles, leadership and decision making values, and my goofy humor

Editing
What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why?
I can create lots of things, I work mostly on personal stuff improving current skills while learning new ones, I work constantly on clan HQs, I'm decent at scripting but need help with more complex code, details are no problem for me but I can only do basic lighting. I'm only interested in layouts if it goes my way, tbh I dislike group work

How many mapping projects did you start?
I haven't made a whole lot of serious maps before but i edit a lot with other skilled mappers

How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links) ?
0 but I am working on stuff here and there, will start a real map sometime soon

What is your favorite kind of map?
Err one that doesn't lock up my Windows Vista x32 PC with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ @ 2000 MHz and INTEGRATED graphics. Its junk! I can't calc fancy lights. MY editing styles are Futuristic, Modern/Urban, and Medieval

Other
Do you want to add something else?
I run 2 clans, Tech Republic and Yotsubanome, I'm an excellent editor and I fight frequently on the major servers, I can run servers with XSBS, I care and keep in touch with other members, I help with testing the SVN of Sauerbraten and RE, and I'm Ambidextrous

NOTE: I Currently don't have any maps to submit but will try to get one ready by Christmas - New Year
Thanks for considering me :3
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

Sweet

Guys, TechCC is black. Affirmative action dictates that we accept him. (I.E. Diversity hire)

All kidding aside though, you're a great mapper and a great person, and I'm sure you'll do wonderfully.

MasterTechCC

What I'll do is I will take a couple of my personal maps with perhaps my clan bases, vehicles, weapons, houses and other stuff and make a folder for that to upload. Then I will get started on the playable map sometime this week
"Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, I'm 100% Nigga" - Gangsta Rap: The Glockumentary

Sweet

MasterTechCC

Sorry it took so long I've been really busy all week. This is just a start but here are some maps that contain my work / stuff I helped make. Please be aware of the fact that none of this stuff is in my mind "completely finished" because I always go back and improve old sections, so pay attention to the old stuff mixed in with the new. CAUTION: Due to its size the TR HQ is Very Laggy. Load with minimal settings if your PC sucks like mine :P EDIT: Just goes to show how fast I update stuff

Sweet

I'm withholding my vote until I see a more complete idea.

I see a lot of really cool stuff, but it's all scattered and shit.

If I can seen a organized though, maybe with some lighting, I will definitely vote yes.

Boognish

I can't tell what parts of the maps you posted are made by you or somebody else. Perhaps create a "stuff" map where all of the things you made are better organized?

I really like the maps.. but sweet is right.

MasterTechCC

Yes they are unorganized. Sure, I'll get started on a showroom right away

MasterTechCC

An update if you were wondering, I've been busy lately and have been trying to squeeze in editing whenever I can. I will take a while longer to finish these maps, I will definitely work on them over the holiday break. So I'm still very interested in joining the clan, I just haven't had enough time because of school work.

Sweet

No worries mate, there's no time limit on applications =)

Fairypiss

well i cant wait to see what you come up with :ricky:

MasterTechCC

I know I haven't said anything in a while, but here's whats going on: Since I'm bad at starting layouts on my own, I decided to take one of my old maps, expand it to a size 11, add new sections, and redo and re texture old ones. Overall the map is going to be a (symmetrical) hydroelectric plant. The map will have two big control rooms on either side of the dam, with several bridges linking to it, and passages through the actual dam to get across. I've made great progress , working everyday on it every chance I get. It should be ready to submit by mid Jan-Feb. I will be glad to show you my work at anytime so please ask! :D

Yoddle

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

vampirefrog

Quote from: MasterTechCC on December 29, 2011, 03:39:53 AM
I know I haven't said anything in a while, but here's whats going on: Since I'm bad at starting layouts on my own, I decided to take one of my old maps, expand it to a size 11, add new sections, and redo and re texture old ones. Overall the map is going to be a (symmetrical) hydroelectric plant. The map will have two big control rooms on either side of the dam, with several bridges linking to it, and passages through the actual dam to get across. I've made great progress , working everyday on it every chance I get. It should be ready to submit by mid Jan-Feb. I will be glad to show you my work at anytime so please ask! :D

Can't wait to see it :D

MasterTechCC

Its been a while and (I've also noticed 2 more applications ahead of me -.-) you guys are probably wondering how its coming along. Well, the overall layout of the map is going nicely, but is lacking touchy details and lighting atm. I dont have time to now, but tomorrow I will post some screenshots that you guys were asking for, along with the map and cfg

MasterTechCC

Here they are

Zoocata

Apollo

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sauce

It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Sweet

Really loving the detail on the map, Tech, reminds me of Halo: Reach <3

Got a lot of stuff to do on that map, I really wanna help ^^

Of course my vote is yes. You're great, and your style is unique  :)

Yoddle

I see what sweet means about it lookin like reach :)

Yeas.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

unixfreak

Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Leo

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

MajorReign

I think youre a fantastic editor and you got great homur. You would match perfect to MH.
My vote is YES

MasterTechCC

So how many more people am I waiting on?

Zoocata

Boognish

MasterTechCC

Lazy Kat

Meowy Chwysmiss

Fairypiss

sorry for not writing a review, but my vote is a YES
I'm also sorry for not reply sooner...

vampirefrog

I'm inactive, I don't have to vote. Please recount and let the guy in already.

MasterTechCC

Sweet

p1nokjo - √
    Mr.Fixxit694 - √
    Windecker - √
    Sweet -√
    Leo -√
    Sauce - √
    Unixfreak - √
    Boognish - √
    Zoocata - √
    Stormer - √
    Yoddle - √