Started by Yoddle, November 27, 2011, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoddle

Name : Connor

How long have you been playing ?
Just over a year now

How did you discover the game ?
A friend recommended it to me

What are your favorite game modes (except coopedit)? Why?
Insta ctf, mainly because its one shot kill, and also because theres and objective.

When are you usually online?
When arnt i online? haha, im online most evenings (GMT time) and in the mornings on a weekend.

Why Mapping Hell?
Theres too many clans on sauer, some beyond nooby, and i thought id join a more professional clan

What will you bring to the team ?
Well anything really, i help and show others things to do on their maps, i often help texture peoples layouts, and add detail.

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why?
I love making domestic stuff. Love detailing and texturing things. i occasionally make a layout. I like many different styles of editing, like miniature, japanease/chinease, logo art, modern and so forth.

How many mapping projects did you start?
In terms of layout and playable maps, ive finished 2 (Kurvy_Kingdom and Kurvy_Kingdom_Nightlife), and i have 3 on the go. In terms of domestic maps, i have countless amounts,

How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links) ?
I think about 5 maps out of the god knows how many i made are finished. The problem with editing and being a artist, is that you always have new ideas and the leave the project your working on, to start another. Its a bad habit i guess :P No i haven't uploaded any before.

What is your favourite kind of map ?
Funmap (race / trick / artistic / rpg) and playable (ctf, 1on1, 30 on 30).
Well like i mentioned, domestic, miniature, modern, Japanease/Chinease, logo art etc. .  In terms of playable maps, mine are ffa, because of the size.

Other

Do you want to add something else ?
Well, i have scholorships in art and design. If that is of any intrest. :L

Also, the map im entering, is a collection map. so some stuff is older therefore slightly shite (eg the spawnpoint was made 10 months ago) But stuff that was old i have altered and improved, so the standards a bit more up to date. You will need to brace yourself when you calc, and you HAVE to calc. As i say it is a collection map, therefore its not finished, more and more gets added over time. I think there is enough on there for you guys to make a judgment.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

MajorReign

i really like your stuff  :P i see you can detail very good and you do nice realistic stuff  ;D (you know i love detailed and realistic stuff  ;D)
but ... i cant vote yes now sorry  :'( I would like to see a playable map from you. Then ill vote

sorry for my bad english trolololol

Yoddle

Iyteee,

One playable map, coming right up :)
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Sweet

I'll take a look at it later today.

Cheers!

Skur

yay u applied :D i cant look at them right now :| i#ll have a look as soon as i can
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Yoddle

Ok To go with the stuff map is a playable map as Stormer requested.

Map name is - Kurvy Kingdom
inspired my Curvy Castle

Some of you have seen this before, but today i've gone back on it, touched it up, added some new features, toned a few textures, and improved the circles and curves on the map. It is a ffa map, It could be a ctf map, however its a tad small.

The map is mostly my work, credit goes to Boognish who made some rails on the map, but thats all.

Enjoy.

Sweet

Well Yoddle, I've reviewed your map. The stuff on the scratch map is good, it shows good knowledge of geometry and lighting. You also have some very creative ideas.

The Kurvy Kingdom map is also nice, although some parts of the layout seem extraneous to me. Also, it's too light, the map would look better in the dark.

Anyways, vote is yes. I have a disclaimer, however.

Yoddle, when I first met you on Sauer, about a year and a half ago, you were a mapstealer. I remember, because Boognish, I, and some other folks planned a sting operation into your clanmap and deleted the things you stole. Now, naturally, people progress, and I must say, you've progressed quite a bit. However, if I do find out that you stole anything, and put it on either of those maps, or neglected to give credit to some people, I will rescind my vote almost immediately. Of course, in Zoo's situation, he apologized, and I was willing to forgive him. Still, I would not like to go through any of these things again.

Yoddle

Yeah, i made a night version of the map, but i stuck the the day version because its more like curvy castle that way.

Yeah i know a year ago i was a bit of a prick :L i dont mapsteal anymore, and havnt done for months. Ive given the credit to boog and his contribution on the KurvyKingdom map. i appreciate what you say, thanks for forgiving me :)

MajorReign

lol :D i know yoddle longe ;D and i was a fuckin' mapstealer too. okay how ever. i really like your ffa map curvy kingdom :D my vote is Fuckin' Yes (mapsteal bro)

Sweet

Quote from: Stormer:D on November 27, 2011, 11:31:55 PM
lol :D i know yoddle longe ;D and i was a fuckin' mapstealer too. okay how ever. i really like your ffa map curvy kingdom :D my vote is Fuckin' Yes (mapsteal bro)

So many english mistakes, what the actual fuck

Please don't say 'mapsteal bro', it makes it seem as if we approve of mapstealing. We do not. It is intolerable.

MajorReign

sweet you know my english sucks sorry for that :\ and i was joking lol :D

Sweet

Hawk_eye

About fuckin' time Yoddle  ;D my vote is of course YES. I know you well from in-game, and i for one LOVE your style  :D whenever i walk into one of your creations i find myself thinking "Damn  :o i wouldn't mind living in a place like this". The past is the past and thats that. you used to be a map steeler, and now your not. i used to be a map fucking noob, and now (i hope  ;D ) i'm not.   
BTW, i love that light-shadow thing of your name on the stuff map, i never seen anything like it... my is thinking the possibilities of a film projector xD

Boognish

Absolutely  YES.

I've seen you grow so much. You learn extremely quick, and maintain a unique editing style.

Yoddle

Apollo

I love your geometry work. You definately have skill.
The lighting on your Kurvy map though was bland and almost looked like it was just fullbright, as there was not depth.

I recommend lowering your ambient so you can actually get some shadows. Take your skylight and lower it a fair way aswell, but don't remove it.
Then add a sunlight.
The sunlight will give you the shadows we all love, the skylight will sort of act like fake radiosity, for Partially illuminatiing surfaces that light isn't cast directly upon, and the ambient will let you set how dark the shadows will be.

Also, lots of your ents are off the grid, though some are.  Entselsnap is bound to '6' in editmode.

----

I like your stuff, You have a Sheyup from me.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Apollo

I just looked at your 'Yoddlestuff', and I turn my yes to an 'OH GOD YES!'
You appear to pay great attention to detail, and I love pretty much everything I saw.
I'd like to say more, but I don't know where to start. :)

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Skur

i agree with jake ;) i liked detailing and geometrie on both maps and and i like your japanese houses :3 the layout of the curvy map is ok, but the lighting could be better x) but nvm about that: i vote yes!!
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Zoocata

I'm voting NO... but not on this application! :DDDD

Apollo

Quote from: Zoocata on December 03, 2011, 07:58:48 PM
I'm voting NO... but not on this application! :DDDD

This brings many mixed feelings. You have made me emotionally unstable through what you have just posted. My Ogodeyah-lobe is now at war with the neinoman section of my brain.

Sweet

Leo

Yo sorry been busy..

I think i need to vote: Yes

Basically i already know you from in-game so yerr

Sweet

CURRENT MEMBER LIST     

p1nokjo √
Mr.Fixxit694 √
Windecker √
Sweet √
Leo √
Pupskuchen √
Unixfreak
Boognish √
Hawk_eye √
Zoocata √
Stormer √

Make it happen, Unix

unixfreak

Quote from: Sweet on December 09, 2011, 07:14:49 PM
CURRENT MEMBER LIST     

p1nokjo √
Mr.Fixxit694 √
Windecker √
Sweet √
Leo √
Pupskuchen √
Unixfreak
Boognish √
Hawk_eye √
Zoocata √
Stormer √

Make it happen, Unix

p1nokjo √
Mr.Fixxit694 √
Windecker √
Sweet √
Leo √
Pupskuchen √
Unixfreak √
Boognish √
Hawk_eye √
Zoocata √
Stormer √
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Yoddle

Love david tennant :L ^^

Thanks all :)

vampirefrog

Marking as accepted and adding to member list. Congratulations, Yoddle! You may now wear the [MH] tag. Good luck and happy mapping!