editing help?

Started by Hawk_eye, November 24, 2011, 05:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk_eye

i just spent half an hour trying to make one of these for a section of a roof  ??? Is there actually anyway of making one??? (without the lego studs obviously :P )
p.s. sorry for posting my editing queries in the general discussion. Is there a place for help, and if not could there be? 

Skur

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Hawk_eye

oh...  :'( are you sure theres not some sort of invalid cubby thingy? it just seems like such necessary building component.... 

Apollo

Concave surfaces are not doable with a  single cube.

The only way to make that shape would be to rotate it by 45 degrees and use one cube for each side of the angle.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

It is possible with a glitched cube, but the textures on the inner faces would be stretched. You can alternatively use a mapmodel.

To make the aforementioned glitched cube, try pushing one of the cube's corners from both directions. So as you look at the corner from a 45 degree angle with the cube, push it toward the left once, then toward the right once, then continue until it starts becoming concave. This only works for one of the corners, so you'll have to try all four corners.

The way to do this without glitched cubes is to use smaller and smaller gridsize as you approach the edge, but that will still leave tiny convex cubes that might be visible, but acceptable.

GoodOldJacob

Quote from: Hawk_eye on November 24, 2011, 10:38:26 PM
oh...  :'( are you sure theres not some sort of invalid cubby thingy? it just seems like such necessary building component....

I remember someone saying that there was an invalid cube command. I think it was /invalidcubeguard 1
Hope that helps. =)

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Apollo

Oh snap. @_@

Invalidcubegaurd allows you to make convex shapes.. but there are issues.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Hawk_eye

;D thanks guys so much!!! this will REALY help  ;D

Hawk_eye

oh yes... there are issues... but nothing that cant be sorted with a simple sky texture.

vampirefrog

here's mine