Random Layouts

Started by Sauce, November 18, 2011, 09:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauce

I am just making this thread similiar to the Cubic Matter thread, for random partially detailed to undetailed layouts. This is just a place to show maps in early stages and potentially fix some of it's gameplay flaws, before a lot of detailling effort is put in. This can also help people who are newer to creating layouts so they can obtain hints and tricks to improving their work, which could then in theory improve their layouts in the future. 

Well I am going to post up one larger undetailed capture map to start. It is capture, so no need to tell me it's too big. It was made with Peterpan and Superman. :D I will try to post some smaller to medium sized maps to in the future, I just like making capture maps for some reason. I am not an expert either at this process, so I hope to improve as well. I try to make the layouts playable, and do temporary lights (that is why they are terrible, not real lights) just so you can play test a bit. The wpt works ok, but I'll redo that after as well. I think it's good to have your layout playable before detailed to see how it will play, and what just doesn't work in game play can be discarded easily. Anyways, enjoy.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Sweet

Quote from: Sauce on November 18, 2011, 09:18:11 PM
     I am just making this thread similiar to the Cubic Matter thread,

Quote from: Sauce on November 18, 2011, 09:18:11 PM
similiar to the Cubic Matter thread,

Please don't

Sauce

Look, I think a random layouts thread is good... ok, it doesn't have to be similiar to cm, ok. haha
I am going to weight lift for awhile, maybe we can play in a bit. You should try to make a few undetailed layouts to post in here yourself eventually.
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Sweet

Layouts are boring

I'll do other stuff

Hawk_eye

Hmmm... this thread was a good idea ^^ heres my first map 'layout' made a couple of days ago....

its got no detail what so ever
no cover (well.. the fog is your cover ;D)
its a bit of a fail..  ???

Skur

why dont we post them in the map section?
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Hawk_eye

because there not complete?

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Hawk_eye on November 18, 2011, 11:29:07 PM
because there not complete?
I posted a map, in the map section, and it's FAR from being complete......
Meowy Chwysmiss

Sweet

Moving this thread to Maps.

Sauce

Yes, but these maps don't have to be detailed at all. You'd hope maps posted in the maps section would have some details.

Sweet

Sauce, please don't tell me how to moderate a forum.

Maps section covers all:

Ideas for Maps

New Maps

Halfway Maps

Complete Maps

Sauce

Ok, alright. Don't be so sensitive, I'm not trying to upset anyone here. Anyways Hawk, that is a neat layout. I'd say to make it really good though, you'd have to remake it 25% smaller, but the pathways 25% to 50% thicker. I really like the concept, but it really needs to re done with the dimensional adjustments I suggested. Also, I don't think having it so you fall all the time is good. The paths are long and thin, so 25% smaller would shortern the paths just enough and making the paths wider would make it better to battle while travelling. Good luck man.

Sweet

Sorry, I've been a little on edge, lately.

Hawk_eye

thanks for the advise Sauce, ill get to work  ;D