[Accepted] Hawk_eye's application

Started by Hawk_eye, October 28, 2011, 03:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk_eye

Alias : Hawk_eye

In Game

How long have you been playing ?
around 1.5 years, but vie only been editing for about 1 year
What are your favorite game modes (except coopedit)? Why?
region capture, because i love to be the only one with i rifle so i can camp ^^ 
When are you usually online?
every day, or every other day mostly, any time from around 4pm to 9pm (GMT)
Why Mapping Hell?
because know a few people in it and i from i can see, it seems to be the best editing clan out of them all ;D
What will you bring to the team ?
detail, lots of detail , my fetish for the future and bunkers ;D and my good spirit and sense of humour

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why?
I love to make little details and random objects like kettles and plasma coons. Im crap at laying out 'fighting map' though :(
How many mapping projects did you start? / How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links) ?
hmm... i've helped out with a load of different maps an coop, but... hers the thing; my first 1 on 1 map i made all the way back a year ago, is still being made :S it just keeps on evolving and changing into new things, and has accumulated a stack of odds and ends and objects. it started out as a huge spaceship... but that got too big, so i changed that into a space station, but again, that got too big. And now its morphed into a bunker, which vie used to form part of the housing for my application map. what's quadropolis..? :P
What is your favourite kind of map ?
Funmap: artistic, experimental, realistic.

Other

Do you want to add something else ?
For me, mapping hell would be a learning process. Theres a TONE of stuff i don't know about the game (glitches, / commands, that coding thingy stuff) and what i want to get out of joining, is to learn all there is to learn about editing ^^

Map

Heres my map. as mentioned above, it contains a lot of the stuff from my failed maps, and is housed in a part of the bunker map (unfinished) its really just a compilation of things i've made, so i hope you like it :D
p.s. for some of the items, it would be a better idea to look at them in fullbright, as there 'flat textures' (i'm not sure what there called (its the one where you fold one corner in, and another on top of that to make a angled texture on a flat plain))

DISCLAIMER: in the map there is a nazi swastika, please let me assure you that this is here for purely aesthetic prepossess (its gunna be part of a WW2 map) i'm not a nazi, nor do i support or condone the nazi regime.

Apollo

I've looked through you're map quite thoroughly and I am very impressed.

So long as everything here is yours, you have a definite Yes from me.

You show a great understanding of the octree and the ability to make complex shapes; i.g Helices, Spheres, etc. I believe you will go far.

Also, my favorite TV show is M*A*S*H with one of the main characters being Hawk Eye. :P

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sweet

vampirefrog

That there is some pretty sweet stuff. Vote is yes

Sweet

vampirefrog

Skur

Quote from: Hawk_eye on October 28, 2011, 03:07:21 PM
my first 1 on 1 map i made all the way back a year ago, is still being made :S it just keeps on evolving and changing into new things, and has accumulated a stack of odds and ends and objects. it started out as a huge spaceship... but that got too big, so i changed that into a space station, but again, that got too big. And now its morphed into a bunker, which vie used to form part of the housing for my application map.

would you show us the 1 on 1 map? :)
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Hawk_eye

do you mean the older versions, or the current version? because the application map is basically the current version, minus a few bits and paces...
but anyways, ill upload version 1 (spaceship), its unfinished but BE WARNED its very, very, very, very heavy and takes an age to load :P
i last opened it around 4 - 5 months ago, so by my standards now, its not my best. you'll see a few elements of the map in my application map (as i said, its an 'evolved' version)

Hawk_eye

p.s. again as i said, i'm more a details person, iv'e started a tone of maps, but i hardly ever finish them, o they just get too big and complex :P really, i mostly consternate my efforts on helping out with map on coop in multiplayer ^^
But id love to know how to layout a good 'fightable' map. Another reason why id like to join MH ^^

Sweet

Not really playable, but oh well.

Are these dildos?

Leo

Hey Hawk_eye,

Even though i know you from in-game, my internet is currently on dial up speed so i can't download your map,
Ill vote on Monday.

Kind Regards,
Leo

Hawk_eye

no problem leo ;) and sweet yes, i believe they are :O

unixfreak

yes, i've known you in game for a while and have seen what you are capable of. I remember some great things you made on B0ngs Pizza hut map with lots of impressive details.
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Skur

Quote from: Hawk_eye on October 28, 2011, 10:15:00 PM
do you mean the older versions, or the current version? because the application map is basically the current version, minus a few bits and paces...
but anyways, ill upload version 1 (spaceship), its unfinished but BE WARNED its very, very, very, very heavy and takes an age to load :P
i last opened it around 4 - 5 months ago, so by my standards now, its not my best. you'll see a few elements of the map in my application map (as i said, its an 'evolved' version)

the version you uploaded here has 6588 wtr, type /remip and optimize it to 567 wtr ;)  well, its a nice spaceship but was that meant to be playable??

but nvm, i like your bunker so my vote is YES
-Einstein

Hawk_eye

The spaceship was never meant to be playable... like the bunker it was just supposed to be a fun, realistic map..
hmm.. i think i may have got the term 1 on 1 mixed up? does it mean one play vs another player? oh damn i'm such a retard :S i meant it as in - i, myself made the map with no one else 
anyways, ignore my idioticness :P thanks for all the responses :D

Hawk_eye

oh and btw thanks for the /remip tip!! maybe ill actually manage to finish it now :D

Apollo

A note about the ship. Lots of it uses a smaller grid size than necessary. ;)

It may sound burdensome, but if you are pushing a wall in X amount of units, use the larges grid you can where applicable, and only use a smaller grid to do the corners.
This will help keep your working poly count down.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Hawk_eye

ok, i think i get what your saying ;)  so a cube made with the highest grid size would have a low poly count, but a cube the same size made with the lowest grid size would have a large poly count..?  ???

Sweet

Essentially. Use metrics as an example. When you fill a space with cubic meters, there are less units. But when filled with cubic centimeters, there's a whole bunch. Use a larger gridsize to minimize the amount of times a cube is in a space.

unixfreak

Quote from: Hawk_eye on October 30, 2011, 05:41:08 PM
ok, i think i get what your saying ;)  so a cube made with the highest grid size would have a low poly count, but a cube the same size made with the lowest grid size would have a large poly count..?  ???

like this:

geometry on the left is made up of one cube, which has a smaller poly count than the one made of 4 cubes.
Join the Red Eclipse discord! https://www.redeclipse.net/discord

Hawk_eye

ohhhh... i get it now!! :D and using the /remip command sorts this out, making the second cube be like the first cube?

Apollo

Unix, Excellent example. That was exactly what I was referring too.

The goal is to avoid unnecessary subdivisions BEFORE remip. It makes editing far smoother.

Leo

Just realized that my internet will not be faster until Thursday, But i know you so my vote is YES.
(I didn't vote Yes just cause i know you..FYI)

Skur

i know i already voted, but would you mind showing me rthat you rlly made these spirals and speres? its not that i dont like you, its just that things like that are very easy to copie :|
-Einstein

Hawk_eye

how could i show that i made said spirals and spheres?

Skur

-Einstein

Hawk_eye

on a map, and upload it here? or in multi with you?

Skur

just show me some of your skills live in multiplayer with me :D
-Einstein

Hawk_eye

ok, sure :D just give me a server and a time

Hawk_eye

by the way, when are you all online? is the a special day? because overtime i go online the is no one there  :-[
it becomes frustrating  :P

MajorReign

at the first time i editet with you i really thought you were a giant noob :D but now you showed very nice skills
so i voe yes

vampirefrog

Alright, let's make a vote roundup:

Stormer: yes
Leo: yes
p1nokjo: yes
unxifreak: yes
vampirefrog: yes
Sweet: yes
Windecker: yes

Mr.Fixxit694: awaiting
Pupskuchen: awaiting