[Cancelled] Garm_Kralljj's Application

Started by Lazy Kat, October 21, 2011, 04:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy Kat

Alrighty there peepz! Im working on an ffa map, and I've been working on it's layout, so here is the layout (for now). I've enlarged it so that I can have pplz walk around in it, and I think it's nice :P (Blocks near bases are/ will be fences).
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

I know this may a bit late but here goes:

Name: Sean
Alias: Garm, Exiled, Raylix, Salaras

How long have you been playing?
I dont know, but i'd say about 3-4years
How did you discover Sauerbraten?
My brother.
What are your favorite game modes?
Normally, regencapture, but recently I'm instactf(ing)
When are you usually on?
On every chance i get :P (alot)
Why do you choose Mapping Hell?
I have failed at making my own clans, and kinda because of Zoocata. Other clans that i've been in are disbanded.
What will you bring to hell?
A towel, and the answer to life, the universe, and everything (42). [Nah just kiddin']
A unique prospective of playing Sauerbraten, and building maps.

What do you like to edit with?
Just experiment on how I can improve, yet mainly one-way traps.
How many projects have you had?
This would be recent. And I am making at least 3 for this clan.
How many finished?
None, I have no real total comitment to one map at a time.
What maps do you like?
Races, geometrics, ffa/regen maps.

What is your current progress with editing skills?
I have recently been able to make spheres, and "perfect" circles. (THANK GAWD YOUTUBE) I have also been able to create effective lighting, and cool designs.
What is your best learned lesson from Mapping Hell's members?
That I fail to make maps with great lighting, and low quality details.
What would you want to improve in Mapping Hell?
My editing skills, and my personality with others (like vampi).
Meowy Chwysmiss

vampirefrog

looks very unfinished and nooby. I for one, will give you a reply when you've added to it.

Lazy Kat

Well guys, I give up on soloing the ffa map. I am, however making a new smaller map. It is meant for just a vote. I will be lighting it, and it will only be decorative.
Meowy Chwysmiss

vampirefrog

Lazy Kat

Ok people,

I have made a small collection of my editing skills on a small size 10 map. This map also has a small ffa arena, that will be lighted later. I hope you like this. It might not be all my editing skills, but it's basic for now. (Yes Vampi, I put 'glitch cubes' in there) I tried to make an inverted sphere, but failed -_-
How do I post screenshots of this?
Meowy Chwysmiss

Skur

well its not bad, but the geometrie and the layout are very very simple, dont start too many things, work on 1 or 2 maps with nice detailing, geometrie, lighting, gameplay, flow and layout! pls post maps wich are 90% - 100% done  so we see your true editing skills ;) i cant vote on WIP, you could make a very nice map with your layout! good luck!  ;D
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Einstein

Lazy Kat

Well here's the updated map. It's only for insta at the moment. I hope you like it. Zoocata did the playestarts, becuase I forgot to put them in when I was making this.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Apollo

You should use fire without the smoke.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Skur

-Einstein

Lazy Kat

How do you suggest I do that? I do not know how to do fire w/o smoke. And I agree Pinok, but I am having trouble making the color I want... Ah well, I'll experiment.. for now.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Alright people, this is last (hopefully) version of this. There is no skylight, but only one used for the entire arena, cept the torches. The thing in the middle is a casket, kinda noobily rushed, but I will leave it for now.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

*got rid of screen shots for ease of access*
Meowy Chwysmiss

Zoocata

Sorry to say this, but after looking at the maps, my vote is NO.
The editing is adequate, the lighting looks strange, and there is no detail what so ever. If you call this "almost complete" or "finished", than I am voting no. It looks like you just started, tbh.
All you need to do is get better, and then maybe you can reapp.

Lazy Kat

The factory map is not even part of this anymore, and I like your critisicm, but I can find no place to put "Advanced geometry" in the duelmap. I am now currently making a small ctf map (meant for 2v2), and I will improve the graphics and better the layout.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Quote from: p1nokjo on October 24, 2011, 03:55:26 PM
dont start too many things, work on 1 or 2 maps
The other three maps have been canceled, and It's only the duel and My CTF map going. I will make a joint map with Noobguy (if he accepts) and It will be for his application, not mine.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Quote from: Zoocata on October 26, 2011, 03:08:39 AM
All you need to do is get better, and then maybe you can reapp.
Zoo,
   The only problem I have is getting layout, and integrating geometry into projects like the duel map.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Skur

the ceilings are too low, so you get stuck there and and the jumppads are difficult to find, the textures look boring and the window texture doesnt fit to the theme and to the geoemtrie, the lighting looks strange and i agree with zoocata about the geometrie.
if that was your best, my vote is no, if you can do better, why did you post that!?
-Einstein

Lazy Kat

Vampi,

I hearby cancel my application until later. I will post a large collection of maps, rather than one map at a time. Will you please keep this application open, so I can uncalcel it later?

Pinok,

It's not my best but I can find no use for "good geometry" in this map, other than the rounded cirlces. I guess the low ceilings are for rifle jumping up to the floor. The lighting may look strange, but I have never used lights before, because they take so long to /calclight -1. I am not satisfied with it, because it is rushed and not much thought put into it, so I will make everything better with my ctf map.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Skur

ok, i'm looking forward to see your next map  :D  try to show all your skills in every map you post here, you dont have to show many maps, but every map should represent 100% of your skills ;) good luck!
-Einstein

Lazy Kat

Pinok, I said this was canceled. Im out for now.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Lazy Kat

Meowy Chwysmiss