[Accepted] Pupskuchen's application

Started by Pupskuchen, October 10, 2011, 08:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pupskuchen

Hey guys.
Here's my application for mappinghell :)

Myself

Alias : Pupskuchen

In Game

How long have you been playing ? / How did you discover the game ?
I discovered and started Sauerbraten about 4-5 years ago while i searched a game for Mac.
There wasn't any Computer with an other OS than Mac.
I didn't really play the last two years, I started again 1 or 2 months ago.
What are your favorite game modes (except coopedit)? Why?
Instagib, Insta CTF
Because I'm better in insta than in any other mode.
When are you usually online?
As often as I can. Monday-Sunday
Why Mapping Hell?
Because I rally like the members and editing with them.
I already knew mappinghell clan before I made my 2 years break^^
What will you bring to the team ?
A fart-cake, thousands of questions and some other useless stuff :P

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why?
I like to try out new things like commands, scripts and cube glitches :)
I also like normal editing...building random stuff, don't know  o.o
How many mapping projects did you start?
Around 2-5
How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links) ?
Around 2-3, I didn't upload anything to quadropolis yet.
I only have one finished map because I lost my old maps while deleting windows on my laptop...
What is your favourite kind of map ?
funmaps...riflejumping, sometimes races
also playable, ctf and for small games

Other

Do you want to add something else ?
You have been warned. :D

See you

Sweet

I'm so happy you applied! Upload some maps.

I wish you luck, I like your editing and I like you   :D

Pupskuchen

Here are some maps..^^

vampi also edited in uly01, so that's not 100% my work

Edit: forgot to add the maps

Sweet

After taking a look at your maps, my vote is yes.

I see complex geometry, realistic lighting, warm texture combinations, and good layout ideas.

I have also edited with you, and know that you are a good person with good ideas, and you are fun to work with.

Finally, you have knowledge about Cube 2 and it's systems, as seen through your servers.

vampirefrog

I'm not very impressed with the completeness of these maps, the only one that comes near to being complete is pk01, but that one has some flow issues. However, the maps show that you have nice skills, especially the spheres and circles and such.

So I vote yes.

sparky4

Lazy Kat

Meowy Chwysmiss

Apollo

I'm a little rusty, but I believe that means, 'Yes.'

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

Zoocata

I am not impressed... I think the editing is adequate, and I dont think running a server proves you know how to use the engine. I vote no.

vampirefrog

Quote from: Zoocata on October 13, 2011, 11:04:45 PM
I am not impressed... I think the editing is adequate, and I dont think running a server proves you know how to use the engine. I vote no.
:sonicdrown:

vampirefrog

Can you elaborate, Zoocata? I think Pup is a nice person and he learned really fast to make those circles too. He learns fast, I suggest  you coopedit with him to see if you are cool with him.

Sweet

I've edited with him, he's a cool guy. He's really active, and his editing is pretty good. I don't see what the problem is.......

Zoocata

The only map I really liked  was xcube. E rest was... Meh. I do realize that everyone else voted yes, so my vote prolly won't count in this vote.

Pupskuchen

Would you have voted yes if I'd only posted xCube?^^

Quote from: Zoocata on October 13, 2011, 11:04:45 PM
... and I dont think running a server proves you know how to use the engine...

What does that have to do with my application? I think mappinghell and frogmod are two different things.

Zoocata

Quote from sweet:

Finally, you have knowledge about Cube 2 and it's systems, as seen through your servers.

Sweet

Well, I dunno how to host a server. The guy has two servers, he runs a forum, he knows how to map, and is an all around fun guy (fungi).

What's the problem again?

vampirefrog

Quote from: Zoocata on October 14, 2011, 12:51:03 AM
I do realize that everyone else voted yes, so my vote prolly won't count in this vote.

Vote needs to be unanymous bro. Rules done changed. Although technically you're not in the clan at this moment. But we don't know when everyone else will have voted so Pup's application might still be open when you join. So at that point the vote will need to include your 'yes'  or a valid argument  :mariofag:

Zoocata

Well, today I cooped with Pups. I downloaded sauer on my moms laptop. I take my vote back, and replace it with a flat out YES.

Sweet

Quote from: Zoocata on October 15, 2011, 02:41:17 AM
Well, today I cooped with Pups. I downloaded sauer on my moms laptop. I take my vote back, and replace it with a flat out YES.

Well I'll be a monkey's salty vagina

vampirefrog

Awesome. I guess that leaves Jake and Leo to vote. Did I miss anyone?

Leo

Hey Pups,

I believe I've played with you before and you are pretty cool guy (and your German like me ;D).

xCube  - has shown that you know your basic geometry, texturing and skylights.
Circles - Well uh circles
Infinity - Has shown good lighting as well as layout.
LeLe - No comment
pk1 - Really good. It is a bit cramped, but that is personal taste. Try and avoid the use of map-models tho, unless it is tree's etc.
SmallCubes - Was a really cool map if a bit limited.
uly01 - Was really nice, I've never seen a skylight like that before on a map like that, it worked really well, once again avoid the uses of map-models.

Overall you show that you know your layouts and lighting, geometry is pretty good and textureing is very well developed.
I vote YES

Pupskuchen

Thank you! :)

Now waiting for jake  :-/

Sweet

I think Jake deliberately waits to make the last vote.

Apollo

The majority of the maps didn't really amaze me, but I do see ability, as well as understanding of the engine.

You have skill and potential. I vote Yes.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Zoocata

Pupskuchen

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh :D :D

Thanks!!!! :)

vampirefrog

Sweet

Welcome! Every Wednesday we drink eachother's blood, if you're interested