I propose some clan rule changes - please vote

Started by vampirefrog, September 21, 2011, 07:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampirefrog

Hi guys. Previously I've been known to change clan rules myself, by abusing my administrative rights. I apologize for that.

Now I have a couple of ideas for changing the rules, and I call everyone to vote for them to make it into the rules. In fact, if you have more rule change ideas, feel free to post them and make a vote for them.

The following ideas come from the basic idea of voting, and especially the relevance of a vote and making a member's vote more precious.

Up until now we've had unanimity with member acceptance, but now there is a disputed member (PainFactory) and he's not getting clear votes. This is something to be discussed elsewhere but i thought i'd put the question in writing - what happens when a member does not get all positive votes?

So enough of that, here are the rule changes i propose (vote separately for each):

1. Candidates have to convince each active clan member for their vote. Each member that is thusly examining the candidate will decide on his/her own and in his own way if the candidate gets his/her vote.

2. There's no way you can stop someone from leaving the clan (or perhaps we can discuss this). However, if they want to rejoin, I propose a re-joining vote from active members.

3. Non unanimous votes should be discussed/worked on by the applicant until all members vote yes.

(I have to go quick - please vote - we can split this up into three threads with a vote system if you guys want)

Sweet

It's good

It allows for both parties to get a good understanding

I vote yes

vampirefrog

Quote from: Sweet on September 21, 2011, 07:47:03 PM
It's good

It allows for both parties to get a good understanding

I vote yes

there are three votes to be given. please specify which. all three?

Apollo

I agree with all three points listed, and I feel we should use them.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Lazy Kat

I thinkthis is a very good idea. I may be a newbie, but I willCast my judgement, eventhough I am not part of this clan.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Sweet

I'm agreeing with all three.

Garm, your opinion doesn't matter..... yet

Apollo

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sweet

Lazy Kat

You're welcome. I look foward to these changes.
Meowy Chwysmiss

Apollo

Honesty!

People must be honest about what they post, where it came from, and who made it.
This applies for using maps that were made by somebody else, or claiming more credit than is due.

A user saying, 'I helped with this map,' compared to a user saying, 'I made the stairs, windows, and light fixtures in this map, with XXXX person..'
or somebody saying, 'I made this entire map' rather than saying, 'That guy did the layout and lighting, and I did the detailing and texturing.'

I'd rather trust that second person, because they are being specific in what they've done.
Don't leave a grey area. Be specific, remove all doubt, and avoid conflicts by doing so.

Blatant theft is right out there, and should probably remove any chance of getting in. A person cannot be trusted if they have the nerve to steal somebody else's work and claim it all their own.
It's not skill, it's envy.

---
I'd much rather vote for a person who posts their own work. Whether it be good or not.
At least that way we can work up from that level. It's easier to teach somebody if you already know where they stand. You are essentially expanding on existing knowledge.

If somebody posts an amazing map, ( or five ) yet seems to be hardly able to make a cube, all that flies out the window.
Perhaps said person may have got in by fluke, but what good is it if they cannot do anything. We don't know where they stand because we've been lied to, and it's far harder to work up from there.

vampirefrog

Sweet

vampirefrog

Quote from: Windecker on September 22, 2011, 04:33:57 PM
Honesty!

People must be honest about what they post, where it came from, and who made it.
This applies for using maps that were made by somebody else, or claiming more credit than is due.

A user saying, 'I helped with this map,' compared to a user saying, 'I made the stairs, windows, and light fixtures in this map, with XXXX person..'
or somebody saying, 'I made this entire map' rather than saying, 'That guy did the layout and lighting, and I did the detailing and texturing.'

I'd rather trust that second person, because they are being specific in what they've done.
Don't leave a grey area. Be specific, remove all doubt, and avoid conflicts by doing so.

Blatant theft is right out there, and should probably remove any chance of getting in. A person cannot be trusted if they have the nerve to steal somebody else's work and claim it all their own.
It's not skill, it's envy.

---
I'd much rather vote for a person who posts their own work. Whether it be good or not.
At least that way we can work up from that level. It's easier to teach somebody if you already know where they stand. You are essentially expanding on existing knowledge.

If somebody posts an amazing map, ( or five ) yet seems to be hardly able to make a cube, all that flies out the window.
Perhaps said person may have got in by fluke, but what good is it if they cannot do anything. We don't know where they stand because we've been lied to, and it's far harder to work up from there.

can you write this in a rule format so we may vote it ?

vampirefrog

Jake, do you think:

"We do not tolerate stealing material from other mappers"
-or-
"We do not tolerate map theft"

all the while not mentioning directly whether any is debatable, so as to have this debated on the forum. For example, in the PainFactory case, I think he just wanted to show us a small part he edited in someone else's map, but failed to explain this and we all thought "theft".

Apollo

Oops. I was making this into rule form, then I forgot about it and closed the tab. :P

We do not tolerate theft of material, and you must specify your specific work on material that may otherwise be questionable.

vampirefrog

Alright, we have:

1. Candidates have to convince each active clan member for their vote. Each member that is thusly examining the candidate will decide on his/her own and in his own way if the candidate gets his/her vote.

2. There's no way you can stop someone from leaving the clan (or perhaps we can discuss this). However, if they want to rejoin, I propose a re-joining vote from active members.

3. Non unanimous votes should be discussed/worked on by the applicant until all members vote yes.

4. We do not tolerate theft of material, and you must specify your specific work on material that may otherwise be questionable.

Now we need to find all the active members to get their vote, i think sparky4 and ChaoStar (haven't seen him for a while though) - we also might need to mark inactive members.