What this board is for, and my outline for the future.

Started by Apollo, November 29, 2010, 03:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

Good thing
Bad thing
Your going to become a slave with this

Apollo

The idea of this board is for people to come and request assistance with various aspects regarding the engine. Assistance may be offered in for variety of things, from texturing, to scripting; complex modeling, layout, lighting, etc.
I hope to be able to help those who need it.

If you need a hand learning something, be sure to check under the tutorials section prior to asking. You may find what you need.
If you do not find what you need, a post under this board can be made, detailing the area or subject in which you require assistance. Please format the topic name in a way to describe what you need as clearly as possible, in a formal manner.
-Either myself, or another forum member will try to post a reply explaining how to go about doing what you are asking, in as much detail as necessary and in an easily understandable post. If that fails, a short co-op session may be arranged; or we may be able to show you right away in co-op.

Be patient for replies.
-----------------------

-----------------------
I will be creating and posting in-depth tutorials on a variety of things related to mapping.
You can expect to see:

-Preproduction planning
|- Picking a theme
  |- Plotting a general layout

|-Advanced layout
-Working from a reference
-Blocking out structures to scale and testing layout.
|-Detailing structures
     |-Choosing an appropriate detail level
     |-Texturing. Static and moving textures

-Increasing Map flow via Clipping and No-Clipping
-Basic and Advanced Lighting

-General Configuration
  |-Basic level scripting
  |-Basic and Advanced trigger and timer scripting
  |-Basic and Advanced text, audio, and texture scripting

-Way-points, Spawn-points, Flag-bases, and weapon pickups

-Time Management
-Tips for a Healthy Workflow

The documentation will be posted under the Tutorials section in an orderly fashion, as each section is made.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sweet

Apollo

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.