V6 Sauerbraten mod

Started by Catelite, September 14, 2010, 08:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catelite

I spent a long time working on this about six months ago, and so I'm finally posting it here.

This requires you to paste the files here on top of an older Sauerbraten install. It might be wise to make a copy of your sauerbraten folder, just in case. The file that needs to be changed and not copied in is Config.cfg, where you add in the contents of ConfigAdd into your normal Config.cfg (which is why you should make a backup copy.)

Otherwise it's very easy to operate. Right click flips gravity, and middle click jumps.

It's styled after a game called VVVVVV. You can play a demo off of google if you search, it's awesome. :O

You can walk on the floor.

Or the ceiling! Though I don't have the physics right, it works mostly. @_@

I like colors. >_>

http://www.box.net/shared/pyphrpl9ao
Anyway, tell me if you have any issues running it. I don't know of any big problems yet.

*Edit: Uses Justice edition, btw. :O

Apollo

Runs great, and I quite enjoy playing with it.

There were a few things that were getting to me though.
When you flip, sometimes, you will still be running on the same plane as before. So the floor that is now the ceiling, is still the floor. Perhaps coding a very lights 'kick' would fix this. Like your jump command, but quite small.

Another thing is that the view doesn't seem to rotate far enough. It will turn 90 degrees, when I would expect 180.
Would it be possible to push it another 90 degrees, or to make the view roll?

on a scale of 2.1 to 11.5, Ill rate at 15.9. :]

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

SirAlex

Quote from: Jake on September 15, 2010, 01:56:07 AM
There were a few things that were getting to me though.
When you flip, sometimes, you will still be running on the same plane as before. So the floor that is now the ceiling, is still the floor. Perhaps coding a very lights 'kick' would fix this. Like your jump command, but quite small.

The problem with the running plane is in the physics engine, so the position stabilizes vertically, it snaps to it and stays there. I noticed this in jonlimle's mod where you could change the gravity level.
I would always stick to the bottom floor, but not the top.

Apollo

Aye, true. Do you think that little kick could help though? Not sure how big it would need to be, but the actual jump bind will release the player.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

it's probably the step-down or smooth-stairs code, which can probably be disabled. probably.