Arkadios

Started by Apollo, August 27, 2010, 06:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

[Arkadios]

Board  -   M4A87TD EVO
CPU    -   Phenom II x6 1055T clocked @ 3.7Ghz
Ram    -  16Gb ( 4, 4Gb sticks ) DD3 running dual channel. ( 1600mhz )
Video  -   EVGA GTX 560Ti in SLI with a Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
PSU    -   Thermaltake TR2 700 Watt
Cooling - One 120mm intake fan @ 990RPM, One 120mm CPU cooling fan @ 450RPM, Two 80mm exhaust fans @ 1440 RPM.
              ( GPU cooler and PSU exhaust fan not counted. )

HD    -     60 Gb Patriot Inferno boot drive -  Sequential read @ 285MB/s, Sequential write @ 275MB/s
              1000 Gb internal - Western Digital WD1002FAEX,
              1000 Gb external - Seagate
              250 Gb Internal - Western Digital. This drive houses all my appdata and User files for windows, so as to free up my SSD.
              320 Gb Internal - Seagate. I needed more space.

Input Devices - Blue Diamond back-lit keyboard. ,  Logitech G500 Gaming mouse, Wacom Bamboo Fun 8.5" x 5.4" tablet.
Display      -      Hanns-G 22" display @ 1680x1050, Primary.  Dell 17" widescreen display @ 1024x1280 - Landscape mode.  Dell 17" Display at 1024x1280 - Landscape mode.

Additional Infomatics:
Clearances: Heat-sink to case clearance - none.  Contacting. (Takes some high levels of skill, finesse, good looks, and a natural born smooth'n'sexy personality to put the side of the case on )
                    Everything Else: Plenty.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

I suggest getting another identical internal 1TB drive and setting up a RAID 1 scheme, in order to have basic data safety.

Apollo

It would be a wise idea, if I had anything to vital lose that isn't already backed up frequently. :P

I have many things to lose, but the things that I value most are all backed up externally, and on a separate machine.
I may do it when I get a hundred extra bucks to waste though.

Anywho, my drive runs at 22 degrees, and is in standby about 12 hours of the day ( not spinning ) It should last a fair while.
This drive only has 3224 hours on it. ( 134 days ) I had old drives with well over two years of spin time on them. :} 

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Apollo

Uuuupdated. Threw in another drive. Got new keyboard.

Apollo

Pics of my rig.

Apollo

More pictures.

vampirefrog

Apollo

Got her idling at 19 degrees.
I should note that room temperature is only 18 degrees in here.

Apollo

Right after  I posted that last post, the temp dropped to 18 C.

vampirefrog

She's a beauty, she is, captain!

Apollo

Added -  8 gigs more ram; now running 16 Gigs.
Added - Another display and an old 6600GT just to drive the display. ( Now running triple display. 22 inch primary with a 19 to each side. )
Added - 320 gig drive.

Removed - 18.7lbs of dust.

vampirefrog

Apollo

Replacing the 6600 with a GTX 470 this weekend to drive the third display. Should help fix the incompatibilities and grant me a good amount more computing power. ( in regards to PhysX and Cuda capable applications n stuff. )

Sauce

God damn, your computer is a beast!
It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them.

Apollo

Got the card. I had to add a second power supply. The first one would run both cards, but it was straining the 500W supply and the machine would kill itself after about twenty minutes.

The second supply is nestled in the drive bay. ( I have no CD drives so I had lots of space. )

I'll put pictures up later.

There are a LOT of wires hidden behind the drive cage.

vampirefrog

It's starting to get pretty weird  :rigbyspin:

Apollo

Yes. Yes it is. Visually, however, it is not.

Apollo

UUuupdated.

New PSU. 700 watt.

Sli'd two 560Ti's on my non-SLI-Capable board.

Works wonderfully.

Also flipped some fans around to change air flow but I didn't feel like typing that. Nobody cares.

vampirefrog

Apparently one of these can reduce the number of fans by one:

[attach=1]

Apollo

I like the giant heat sink.