Started by vampirefrog, August 21, 2010, 02:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampirefrog

Active Members

-Vampirefrog
-Windecker
-Skylax

Apollo

So, if there are no members, do we review each other too?
I'll have a map ready by the end of the week. ( depending on your timezone )

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

i guess we'll need some more reviewers. post your map on quadropolis and we'll see what happens.

also - quadropolis main page = shoe in

PePsILiGhT

¿ive got a question?

so i have to make a map every 2 month and:

1).Post it where?
2).starting from when should i post it
3).should it be concept

¿the clans new system?

1).so ive been kicked out of mh?
2).what will happen if the person is late for the deadline of the 2 month?

¿HyperWulf?¿new clan?
(http://hyperwulf.com/forums)

1).what is that some kind of new clan?

and i think the new changes in mh was kinda of drastic
i no you guys are want to make a active clan but u will
be kicking out like half the clan(my opinion)
and that pretty much it :)
Dont Be Noob Drink Pepsi :D

Apollo

Basically it is one map every two months, and one map initially to get back in.

1: Post it on quad or here, where it can be processed.
It should be a playable map, as far as I know. After it is posted, every possible aspect will be analyzed to a great extent.

Keep in mind, you will need one map to get in, and then one every two or so months to follow.
The initial map must be done solely by you.  Future ones can be done with others.

The system:
In essence, we are starting fresh. Everybody will need to go by the new system, from new members to old.
If you miss the deadline, you are marked inactive. By the third month you are removed.

The hyperwulf clan:
That is Alex's doing. He was pissed off by the new system, and decided to hijack the IRC channel and post half way across the internet trying to get members to join HIS new clan. Where there will be "No Leaders" and in which he will dominate with an iron fist ( without people knowing )  ::)

I'm still working on my entry map. :]

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

Quote from: PePsILiGhT on August 22, 2010, 02:28:21 AM
¿ive got a question?

so i have to make a map every 2 month and:

1).Post it where?
2).starting from when should i post it
3).should it be concept

¿the clans new system?

1).so ive been kicked out of mh?
2).what will happen if the person is late for the deadline of the 2 month?

¿HyperWulf?¿new clan?
(http://hyperwulf.com/forums)

1).what is that some kind of new clan?

and i think the new changes in mh was kinda of drastic
i no you guys are want to make a active clan but u will
be kicking out like have the clan(my opinion)
and that pretty much it :)

Since the membership rules have changed, we couldn't have the old members in the clan because they hadn't gone through the first rule (and therefore the required experience of each making a map on their own), so we had to mark everyone as not in the clan. It might seem drastic, but it's aimed at greater creativity and productivity.

After you finish your acceptance map, post it either on quadropolis or some other valid mapping community that gives proper reviews, or post it here. If you post it on an external site, post a link to it here. By "here" i mean the joining section.

Yes, it can be a concept map, as long as it's complete and gets good ratings and reviews.

The HyperWulf clan is the expression of SirAlex not being able to accept the new changes. He wants the clan to be the way it was before. To be honest, he turned out to be less friendly than the clan requirements - and very stubborn headed. He also seems to take this change very personally. If he wants to be in the new clan, he can just submit to us a proper map made by him.

At the moment, we have no affiliation with HyperWulf.

We might make another clan section in which it is easier to get in, and will have the same rules as the old MH, but we're still working on that.

The point of these changes are to get people mapping and working harder on it. This produces a greater level of satisfaction for each member. Remember that you (along with other members possibly) must complete a map every two months. The map must also get good ratings and reviews.

PePsILiGhT

Mmm i find the new rules a kinda drastic still
i have to think about it.. 

vampirefrog

it's simple - make a good map and you're in

DokoDog

i think you gonna make a good clan, but i prefer to be with siralex (not in a gay sense)
its a bye from me
sorry.
The lord of the palaver.

SkiingPenguins

it used to possible to have fun with fellow Hell clan members. now that vampi has taken over, it's all fucked up.

i've not decided to be with sir alex on this, but i am definetely not staying with your shit.

Hell used to be about having fun, now it's just a machine for creating new maps

Apollo

It would be beneficial if you read the new posts to actually see what is happening...

PePsILiGhT

sorry guys, i loved the clan but i would prefer going with siralex and doko.

good luck  ;)

Apollo

ezeiger92

awesome.

You do realize that you have killed off MH.  One of two things will happen.  Either everyone will quit and nobody will join (fast unforgiving death), or you will maintain a few members, most likely less than ten, and everyone else will ditch the forum permanently (slow and painful death).  I cannot finish a map in two months, especially with school starting.  AP calculus and AP physics will bog me down with homework.  Furthermore, I have been working on a server mod which is aimed first and foremost at editing.  This has eaten up all of my free time for a month.  I suppose this means that you want to stick to your clan name much more literally, ensuring that every single Mapper must be a demon from Hell.

Worse that that, anyone still wishing to be in MH will only contribute to the flood of maps that are sub par on quadropolis.  With ten people on this mapping routine, sixty maps will be sent every year from this clan alone.  Members maps will become more of the same with every submission, and MH will begin resemble a gone-in-a-week clan.

MH had been difficult to join before, but once you were in, you stayed in.  (As it currently stands, that is not the case).  If anyone had the skill, practice, or raw talent to be accepted, that person won't loose it in six months, let alone two.  If the goal was to make a tighter community for mappers, please direct your attention to the former members of MH.  Maybe the goal was to ensure that members were going to be loyal to the clan.  Forced loyalty.  Well, that seemed to go over quite nicely.

I will end my rant in the words of my favorite comedian/social commentator:

<gospel choir> Go fuck yourself! </gospel choir>
<GauHelldragon> G-Flex
<GauHelldragon> how many cubic milliliters can you fit in a bathtub?

<G-Flex> what is a cubic milliliter?
<G-Flex> you're going to have to ask me in units that aren't hyperdimensional

Apollo

The problem with everybody who comes and looks here is that they fail to read all the posts, and fail to see that they need not make that one map every two months.
Perhaps you should notice what Skylax posted, or the affiliate clan.

Bye.  :D

ezeiger92

Jake, you are stoned out of your goddamn mind!  I've looked all over the forum, and nowhere is there an exception to the two month map rule.  It is possible that if you had posted a link to back up your claim, I might see you as less of a blubbering idiot.

By the way, I did see Skylax's post, and I also noticed that there are no replies to it.  There is no person that actually cares about the post.  In fact, it almost seems like a way to hide the anger from this topic so that any foolish souls who still want to join MH do not notice your resemblance to the Nazi regime.
<GauHelldragon> G-Flex

SirAlex

MH will have a subclan that will not have these restrictions. Pretty sure that's what they're talking about.
I have described my issues with that clan in this post: http://hyperwulf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11

Apollo

Ezeiger, you may not be part of this clan, but that doesn't give you right to talk shit to me or anybody else.
Straiten up your attitude if you intend on saying Anything here! If you cannot do that, then get out.

ezeiger92

I am still waiting for that link Jake  ;)
<GauHelldragon> G-Flex

NIGGERNIGGERNIGGER

This thread is utterly gay.

Apollo

Shouldn't you be supporting it then?

Quite_Resilient

Last laugh was on you:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Sorry I am A fag, you are banned from using this forum!
Spamming forum.
This ban is not set to expire.
Prepared for post deletion in 5....

Apollo

You must be horribly bored. It amazes me that you fail to think of anything more productive to do.

vampirefrog

eizeger, the "exception" to the rule is the fact that you can edit your map with someone else. you don't have to make a map every two months, just take important part in making a map.

I was expecting some resilience but it seems people are getting pointlessly pissed off. We're currently waiting for members to submit their maps. It's not hard to edit a bit in two months -- we just ask for a bit of dedication. Like I said earlier, 30 minutes each day should be enough, if you really want it. You just need to learn to partition your time. We don't expect many members but we're confident that we can find creative and productive people. It's not really hell, it's more like heck. It takes a bit of effort to finish a map. I'm currently learning myself about mapping. Once i've learned enough, i will submit my entry map and also propose a few project themes.

It would seem that mapping has a longer tradition with quake-based engines (quake I,II&III, half life 1&2 etc), so we'll probably expand into that area later on -- lots more mappers available there. It would seem sauer mappers are few, and since the editor is so easy to use, anyone can call themselves a mapper even though they lack essential skills, including community behavior (see bans). We don't expect everyone's support, but there's no point in acting immaturely. I think you can do that on SirAlex's forum, i think that's why he made it -- complaining about MH.

Skylax and Cate are administering the new Hell subclan. It has more loose rules. I won't meddle in it.

We plan on having clan projects -- single player stories, game mods and so on. These can be slowly developed over time. Some maps will have a given theme or a given layout and members can just take one of those and make them and it would be really easy to finish them (zero design time -- it will be already done).

Of course we're not going to kick anyone out if they're working on a map and it's taking more than 2 months, or even more than 3 months even (there's a grace period). We aim to be supportive. We understand if someone's going through a tough time and having some trouble with productivity. We can accept a bit of deviation from the membership rules, but not too much, and that's why we haven't posted them in the text of the rules.

If there's no interest (for a member), we have two choices -- either change the theme (of the current project), because it's boring, or remove member from clan, depending on circumstances.

vampirefrog

I also need to mention that the initial map can take as long as you like to make, just as long as you've *finished* it in the last month.

Erik_Z

Thanks for the reply Vampi... And sorry about my furious rage earlier.  Other things were stressing me out, and I needed to rant about something.

This is ezeiger92, btw.  I\'m pretty sure that it was Jake who banned me. :P

To Jake:  I really did have a lot of other things on my mind, which I know doesn\'t excuse my language, but it may help explain me being so explosive.  I am sorry about that. :(

vampirefrog

Since very few people have stepped up for joining, i think we'll have to loosen the rules -- they were initially aimed at productivity, but seems all they do is scare people off, so we'll have to get people mapping some other way.

feel free to suggest stuff

Erik_Z

Since I was never actually in the clan, I do not know if you did this before, but it would be nice if a bunch of MH members got together at some specified time and all collectively worked on a map for an hour or so.  Personally, I think that could be fun!

vampirefrog

of course we did this and we still do, occasionally.

SirAlex

Problem is that Kastra's in UK, wrack and cooper in germany, me in canada, doko in chile. Good luck getting them on the server at the same time.

Apollo

Alex, I thought you left.

Anyways... We've all been on at the same time before, it's not that hard to do.
Some of us go on in the morning, some at night. In case you didn't notice, vampi is in Romania, I am in Canada. We have a 14 hour difference in time, though we've been able to edit with each other many times.

And I know, you're probably going to say something about some person not being able to be on at that set time of day or night. Well, too bad. It happens. Not everybody is free every hour of the day, all the same, not everybody is busy every hour of the day either.

If you wanted to get everybody in the clan online at exactly the same time, regularly, then you might as well only recruit within your little village.

Cooper

Cooper is currently in Hong Kong - Greetings from there!  24. September flying back from Seattle.
I'm curious how this new idea of MH will end up but I have no time to read every post so I will just check out everything when Im back in Germany. 
Ask not what your team can do for you. Ask what you can do for your team.