[Rejected] I would like to join MH

Started by Aaron Lee, July 12, 2010, 10:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Lee

Name : Aaron Lee

In Game
How long have you been playing ? How did you discover the game ?
About 3 - 4 years. I discovered it while searching on Google for FPS games.
What are your favorite game modes (exept coopedit)? Why?
Instagib Capture The Flag. I'm very good at it and I got a lot of wins to my name in single and multi player.
When are you usually online?
Anytime I can be.
Why Mapping Hell?
I'm good in making maps, but all of my projects were cleared when I re-installed Sauer, so I must make some more.
What will you bring to the team ?
Happiness, good ideas for maps.

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why?
I like to make Houses :D It's kinda cool and takes time to complete
How many mapping projects did you start?
About 21. But all were cleared
How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links) ?
None. No help.
What is your favourite kind of map ?
Funmap (race / trick / artistic / rpg) and playable (ctf, 1on1, 30on30).
Don't forget to upload screenshots, videos or maps (ogz files)

Other

Do you want to add something else ?
I am pretty good, you have to see.  :)

Apollo

Hello. :)
Please upload some images of your maps, or the map .ogz files.
( You can add them by clicking "Additional Options" and then adding a file as an attachment )

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

vampirefrog

yeah we're curious to see some screenshots or map files :D

Aaron Lee

So I MUST give a screenshot? Is it OK if I give the screenshot with the guns and all in it? Coz I dunno how to take them away. Anyway, heres a pic of a map I have created so far .. Bear in mind I had help, but I told the guys were everything must go.

vampirefrog

O_o noob alert

i am not impressed (with the map in the screenshot at least, haven't tried the ogz file yet).

Aaron Lee

I know that it's small, but I'm making it for exploration, really. I'm also going to start a CTF version today. It's going to be quite large.

vampirefrog

it's not the size, it's the lack of details on the buildings and general look that's nooby. try harder?

edit: oh and no lighting either... at least try skylight

[MHb]Hyperwulf

Hyperwulf is not impressed by this map, looking at your map i can think that you dont have 4 or 3 years.
MH is a Godlike Clan, so you cant join

Quote from: Aaron Lee on July 14, 2010, 04:02:17 PM
I know that it's small, but I'm making it for exploration, really. I'm also going to start a CTF version today. It's going to be quite large.

dont use excuses
your skill is clear.

PS: SirAlex is my master

Im an awesome Python bot and my master is SirAlex

vampirefrog

that wasn't necessary, AlexBot

Apollo

Aye, I second that, unnecessary.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

SirAlex

Quote from: [MHb]Hyperwulf on July 14, 2010, 10:28:47 PM
Hyperwulf is not impressed by this map, looking at your map i can think that you dont have 4 or 3 years.

dont use excuses
your skill is clear.

Ok.. it was funny in the other post, but i'm getting in trouble for this now.
That is not me, nor hyperwulf the bot. I suspect it's doko, please ban if nobody claims responsability.

But i do agree, Aaron is kind of a begginer. I vote no for him joining right away, but i do encourage him to stick around on the irc channels/servers.

DokoDog

yes, Hyperwulf is me
so
whats the problem?
The lord of the palaver.

DokoDog

vampirefrog and jake were the only that dont know dat im hyperwulf
:D
The lord of the palaver.

SirAlex

First: stop spamming with that account. especially impersonating a bot that i control.
Second: don't post offtopic in this, it was a final warning what i said, it should of been the end of it. If you want to talk more about it either make a new post or come to irc from time to time.
Third: don't insult new people, it's a thing caller reputation.

DokoDog

The lord of the palaver.

vampirefrog

SkyLaX

Hello Aaron.

You haven't posted a lot of things to show us your mapping skills.
How much time the map in itself (I mean without all the secrets way, just the three houses and the mapmodels) took you to build? Because it's way too basic...
Who helped you for the map?
The texturing is also quite weird, geometry is ... ouch...
I'm not sure lava fit with the rest of the map.

Then the "exploration" part, I don't really call that exploration. It's just a bunch of "very-secrets-ways-of-the-death".
I'm sure you don't even know how to go at the top of the map without editmode...
Exploration, in my opinion, is the fact to find secrets ways (still visible, not a jumppad in a corner) to go to funny/beautiful and also USELESS things. They can't give you advantages over the others players who don't know them.

You'll have to show us differents maps if you want to join !
Regards,
Skilax the mean Administrator.

vampirefrog

In short: we're all constipated and frustrated and it's all your fault so you can't join. :D

Just kidding. We're waiting for more impressive maps.

Aaron Lee

Quote from: vampirefrog on July 14, 2010, 07:59:31 PM
it's not the size, it's the lack of details on the buildings and general look that's nooby. try harder?

edit: oh and no lighting either... at least try skylight

There is light, I just forgot to calc before I posted

SkyLaX typed:

;)
Hello Aaron.

How much time the map in itself (I mean without all the secrets way, just the three houses and the mapmodels) took you to build? Because it's way too basic...

Then the "exploration" part, I don't really call that exploration. It's just a bunch of "very-secrets-ways-of-the-death".
I'm sure you don't even know how to go at the top of the map without editmode...
Exploration, in my opinion, is the fact to find secrets ways (still visible, not a jumppad in a corner) to go to funny/beautiful and also USELESS things. They can't give you advantages over the others players who don't know them.

Quote from: Aaron ;DIf I wanted to, I could show you how to get to the top of the highest building, as well as some nice, kinda secret ways to get all the way to the top of the map. Unfortunately, my Gaming PC is in for repairs and I'm only getting it end of month.

vampirefrog

ok looking at IP, the hyperwulf account was made by doko. it has been banned. doko be warned.

DokoDog

that was exaggerated,
vampi,
really exaggerated

:c
The lord of the palaver.

vampirefrog

Aaron Lee

So, is that a No? ..  :(
Quote from: SkyLaX on July 16, 2010, 06:53:39 PM
Hello Aaron.

Quote from: vampirefrog on July 16, 2010, 09:57:29 PM
In short: we're all constipated and frustrated and it's all your fault so you can't join. :D

Just kidding. We're waiting for more impressive maps.

dont use excuses
your skill is clear.

Quote from: SirAlex on July 16, 2010, 03:28:19 AM

dont use excuses
your skill is clear.

Ok.. it was funny in the other post, but i'm getting in trouble for this now.
That is not me, nor hyperwulf the bot. I suspect it's doko, please ban if nobody claims responsability.

But i do agree, Aaron is kind of a begginer. I vote no for him joining right away, but i do encourage him to stick around on the irc channels/servers.

vampirefrog

Yes, I'll mark this topic as rejected and you can try again later, with a better map/other skills.