[Canceled] Calinou

Started by Calinou, July 07, 2010, 09:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calinou

Hi, so I followed instructions to apply here.  ;D

Myself

In Game

How long have you been playing ? How did you discover the game ?

I've been playing sauerbraten for 2 years and 6 months, i discovered game on a downloading website.

What are your favorite game modes (exept coopedit)? Why?

I love effic, i HATE insta.

When are you usually online?

Usually, i'm on all days, between 9h-12h and 14h-20h.

Why Mapping Hell?

My another clan is a TOTAL, TOTAL "noob" in scripting/texturing etc.. They only think of pure mapping..
And a clan member want to get me fired of FM clan because i do mapping with non-french pepole...

What will you bring to the team ?

Some "concepts" for maps, i'm not so good for playable maps..

Editing

What do you prefer to do in coopedit? Why?

I like texuring/scripting etc, i like also particles :D

How many mapping projects did you start?

I've strated a lot, lots of "concepts" and speedmappings. (I love that)

How many maps have you finished? How many have you uploaded on quadropolis (links) ?

Quadropolis ? I've posted 10-15 maps, and around 10 mods/scripts.. 33% of them got removed !

What is your favourite kind of map ?

I like concept and speedmapping, and doing some detail.

/!\ Don't forget to upload screenshots, videos or maps (ogz files) /!\ I'll do it :D

Apollo

Well, your ladd map demonstrates some one way cubes, which is ok.
Your Paril map has two unique curves copied around a bit and some fairly random geometry, it looks quite unfinished...
And your Egyptian map is a bit more finished, but doesn't seem to remain very consistent with itself.. there is a random texture change from grey to brown, one part is broken, nothing else is, and there are very few textures used. You also have some spots that are not very straight, while everything around them is perfectly straight.

I would suggest that you pick a theme, sit down, and make a small demonstration of that theme, and detail it to a reasonable extent. Try to be consistent with your detailing. If something only belongs in one spot, like a broken wall, then work to make it look like it's supposed to be that way. Make one area damaged and then taper off the level of damage according to distance.
It doesn't have to be a whole map. It could just be a two level hallway with some doors. carpet, trim, railings and whatnot. Just something that shows what you can do, in a strong and consistent theme.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Calinou

I've done a small ctf/capture/ffa map, for testing. :P

Look in attachements.

EDIT : new version!

Apollo

I have looked at the map, and in terms of geometry, there really wasn't too much to look at. The models added a nice little fun touch, but they do not so much demonstrate your editing skill.

On the other hand, you config was extremely well done, and you pulled off texture blending, which you should teach us. :P

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Calinou

Thanks for feedback ! What do think other members?

Kastra

I think you have great potential, you know advanced features and scripting, layouts for maps arn't to bad either but detailing maps is something to work on.

Even though not everyone makes maps you should use advanced features on clanmaps.

You have my vote.

SirAlex

Hey, good work on those maps so far.
You could take a look at the maps i collected through hyperwulf, it's quite a collection. Try to aim for something like that: http://hypertriangle.mappinghell.net/hyperwulf/maps/.

A good idea would be to come editing with us, go on irc, hang around with us, help us build wee/mhqterrain. We are not the type of clan that is closed to outsiders, we're more like a group of friends that enjoy sauer together.

[MHb]Hyperwulf

for me..
your skill is not enought for the [MH] requerimients.
your maps are like monotonous (egyptation)
or like a box (mapmhtest)
your layout is so basic, i think that youre begin to make layouts.
also there are alot of weird forms in mapmhtest that give bad aspect
i as hyperwulf: vote No

PS: SirAlex is my master
PS2: Im not Doko
PS3: Is a game system.
Im an awesome Python bot and my master is SirAlex

PePsILiGhT

sorry but i agree with HW xd
but i also think that you have potential but you dont no how to express it sorry
My vote is no   :(
Dont Be Noob Drink Pepsi :D

Calinou

Oh.. >:(
I can do a lot better but I don't have time and nobody can help me.. :/

DokoDog

ok
if you dont have time...
why do you want to be in a clan if you gonna be inactive.
and why u need help? if this post is for that u can join not others

PS:Im not Hyperwulf
The lord of the palaver.

SirAlex

Honestly, i don't think you can join right now.
But i really encourage you to stay on irc/servers like kastra did. He did that, and then he eventually joined.

PS: idk about having hyperwulf to be a forum member.

PePsILiGhT

yea what siralex said

PS:Doko is not HyperHulf
Dont Be Noob Drink Pepsi :D

Calinou

Every time I do a map I abandon it... And pepole without clan are noobz. (Cannot do mapping on FS, to take out f*** auth off)

Apollo

You needn't be in a clan to make maps, or make maps with others.
You can refine your skills offline, or on servers with a few people you know. They needn't have a clan tag of any sort.

SkyLaX

Hello Calinou, it's nice to see another french here !

> A few things about the map called "Paril".
- I would have loved to see a "background" : Buildings, roads, and something like a fence surrounding the map.
- The geometry could have been much more worked, it seems that you just made a small part then copy pasted it every where.
- Two interesting things : the rain and the clouds are quite realistics, it's a very good point.
- There are way too many healthboosts, they're very annoying and are just ruining the map. Try to keep in mind that it's a "bonus", not a part of any map.
- About the ammos, each kind of ammo are too gathered. I mean, in a corner there are 3 rockets, in another 3 bullets. You should try to distribute them over the map.
- What the point with the green particles and the arrows?

> The map "Egyptation" :
- Again the healthboost, 2 of them for a 4 players map? And no yellow armour.
- The "middle" part, with the water thing, is quite unused. When I ran in your map for the first time I didn't even notice there were others rooms.
- The geometry could have been much more worked too. There's no aesthetics thing, just "squares". (Beside the stairs).
- The light come from nowhere.
- I don't really like the textures. Don't ask me to explain why.

> The map "Ladd" :
- Just a demonstration of different ladders, pretty interesting for sure. I have nothing to say.
Nevertheless it gives you another good point.

> You call yourself the "Best French Scripter", do you have any script to show us?

> Is "speedmapping" the reason that your maps are way too basics?

Well, if you want to join us you'll have to work to show us that you are motivated ;)
I'm waiting for new maps/contents to give my final answer.

Regards,
Skilax the mean Administrator.

Calinou

I said best french scripter on Cube2.fr, the french community of SB, they're nubz in scripting.
About egyptation : yellow armour sux, too powerful !
About paril : i may continue it.. it's an SP map. there's not respawns for items. May i transform it with a Duel map.
Thanks for feedback (my mac keyboard sux to)

SirAlex

Hmm..

He wasn't kidding when he said he's good a cubescript. He seems like the programming type.
Pretty eager to learn.