New Banner Ideas

Started by Apollo, May 16, 2010, 03:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

I was looking at the old logo, and I thought perhaps I could make a new one that is a tad better than that one. The old one is grainy and basic, and really really ugly, I have come up with this new image after about fifteen minutes of work.

The image background is way to contrasty right now, but it is a start.

I am open to any suggestions for the images I make. Anybody and everybody, please feel free post what you make too.
Perhaps Vampi will see something he likes and he might use it for the forum. :]

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Apollo

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Blarget2

(of cource i would post mine)

here are my logos.  ;)
IMAGE HEAVY

only if i could thumbnail them....

Apollo

Blarget, I love the horizontal lines in your first image. Very subtle. I like the effect very much.

Blarget2

UPDATE on the 2nd image.  :o

Apollo

My latest banner. This one was rendered at a resolution of 8000x8000, then scaled down and cropped to 1680 by 1050x2

Apollo

As an afterthought, there is far too much noise in the lower text of that one I posted.. perhaps a different font, or some more cleaning up... Open to ideas.

Blarget2

Apollo

vampirefrog

i like blarget's clean one (the one without the background image). can you try to make it into a page design?

Apollo

* starts chanting "Do it! Do it! Do it!" *

vampirefrog

also, uhm, blarget, i suggest you use a spell checker in your browser. it should put a red zigzag underneath misspelled words, that might help you learn to spell better :D

Blarget2

how would i go about making a web layout? ;) dimensions please  :D 

vampirefrog

take a screenshot of the current forum layout. there are three sections i think: main page ( http://mappinghell.net/forum/ ), category page http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html and topic page http://mappinghell.net/forum/index.php/topic,225.0.html

and then you can start modifying them with your favorite graphics editor

Blarget2

ohh...... i was going to just make a website background.... not all the blue bars to red or anything.....  :-/