Marathon : Chilron

Started by Sushi, March 21, 2009, 09:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi

After many failed attempts to start my project on the Marathon engine from 1994, I've decided to switch to the Cube 2 engine.

Because this engine is much more modern than the junk pile I was using earlier, I was wondering if anyone would like to join me. I currently have 4 members in the development team, but I need more skill if I'm going to get this game done. It's been in development for 3 years now, and we need to get shit done. So, if anyone has a copy of Sauerbraten, and a good imagination, we can schedule a server meeting.

The name of the game USED to be "Marathon : Chilron." Now because it's a totally different game, and has nothing to do with Marathon, we've changed the name to "The Exodus Strain".

It takes place on a giant scientific ship (Chilron) in the year 2070 (sometime around that year), Earth's moon has been populated and multiple lunar bases have been established. You are a scientist, returning from the moon to dock with the orbiting Chilron, when all goes to hell. The basic idea of the game is zombies on the moon (yes, the fucking moon), and in the Chilron. You must strive to save human civilization before the zombies fly the ship to Earth.

The zombies were created when your best friend, Adam Grey, finally discovered how to extend human life. The key was a retrovirus that, when introduced into a living body, preserved every living cell it came in contact with. The retrovirus was designed to last up to 700 years, and that's a fucking long time. When tested on lab rats and live cultures, all was well. But when Grey introduced it into his first test subject, he had no idea what to expect. At first, the patient felt fine, so Grey ignorantly let him free to spread the retrovirus. The first cases of incident were peeling skin, hair loss, skeletal structure weakness, and insanity. However, the insanity wasn't insanity at all, it was the retrovirus eating away at brain cells.

The first SERIOUS (SOOPR SRS) incident was cannibalism and extreme violence. Little girls, boys, parents, and even infants came into the Chilron's infirmary one after another. later in the game, the player will find science logs and be able to read them. They will describe the symptoms in extreme detail.

So yeah, I need someone to convert models for me, an animator, and a few mappers. Anyone?

more specific, model converting we need someone who can model in any format and then convert it from that to .md3 plus we need someone who has the nuts to acually learn how to animate in sauer.
U said u wanted new guns too, we gonna need a modler for that too, and mappers, o yes i could use some help on that part...

That is our recrutment disscuion so far, anyone wanna helP?

Hmm.. I guess I might make something new for this… someday...

Daniel

Apollo

I can map, I can make pretty nice 3D models ( just need to figure how to convert them, ) and I can attempt to learn how to animate.

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sushi

danny, licencing aint a problem for us right now, and windchecker if u got aim or msn, contact me
-> Noajdde@hotmail.com or RazrWorksS

btw skeletal animating is reallllly hard......

Apollo

Ive been searching and can not find and .md3 pluggin for my Maya2009, so I may be forced to learn to use Milkshape.. =( I can probably learn pretty fast, but no garrentees. ( <--- One of those words I can't spell. )

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your sister and I side by side.

Heav’n hath no rage like love to hatred turn’d, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn’d.

Sushi

dont worry, you could try and see if someone like -> penguins or one of the other geeks here have the plug, and is willing to send it to you..  ;)

Daniel

Licensing is important, firstly because you use the Cube2 Engine, secondly because an opensource project can be hosted by SOurceforge (including SVN, ticket tracker and other useful thingies) and thirdly because i refuse myself to work on a project that is not 100% Free according to the FSF.

Sushi

we are discussing if its gona be a mod or a game kay, well se what we come to.